Spirits in suite bar

bohaiboy

Does anyone know what spirits can be ordered to place in your room gratis?  Obviously, no MacAllan 18 yo but I assume not the cheapest brands either.

Almost anything that you want. I like Chopin vodka  cannot get in the suite anymore but plenty at the bars.Last time I had to ask for it because it was not at all the bars.After that they had one at the bar we liked to go to. They will do what they can.

They really do try to accommodate you where reasonable. Typically, you're looking at something mid-shelf (maybe upper-mid, depending on how you rank things).  We usually have JW Black and Beefeater because we like them, but you can do "better" if your tastes so desire or demand. 

6 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Well, I wouldn’t consider Tanqueray Ten ultra top shelf,  just mid-range.

I do not know gins. My go-to is the plebian Beefeater's.   🙂

I simply did not want the OP to board Silversea expecting that absolutely any spirits/wines on the ship were available in the suite bar at no charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I've got that in my suite now.

They will get you anything if it is in the ships stores

Hi, are you on The Moon?😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Observer said:

I do not know gins. My go-to is the plebian Beefeater's.   🙂

I simply did not want the OP to board Silversea expecting that absolutely any spirits/wines on the ship were available in the suite bar at no charge.

Beefeaters is a classic!  Plymouth, too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Beefeaters is a classic!  Plymouth, too.

The smoothest Gin I ever tried was from SALT BAR........it is Greek. 

This is it😃

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRipjOyHD-YshsBTdNQfHekY1iO1lEdYckmE5qzyUSi0QSH9U4prLA7AL9WgoaT75-Wu4EE6wzBZQx0VA_pWtl_xcMRA6R4TBQ0kcxr1nBJBwkyut0Zdfztfg&usqp=CAE

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

What side bottles to they put in your suites?

I recall liters, just like what's stocked in the bars.  I suppose it could have been fifths, although I don't know if they would stock something different just on the off chance that's what someone wanted in their room.  Either way, it was plenty for us.  We don't drink in the room all that much (but it certainly is nice to have).

42 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

What tonics do they have for the gins? Is it Fevertree?

Tonics and club sodas have varied from ship to ship and tended to be local.  We had a Greek club soda on our Istanbul-Athens cruise some years ago.  🙂  I'm glad to hear that Fever Tree has showed up on the Moon!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We’re on Spirit in March/April … first time on SS - in fact only 2nd ever cruise. Won’t mention the first - not the best! Anyway, we’ve been trying to see what the gin selection is in the bars and getting nowhere - we like a good g&t - not Beefeater or Gordon’s, Tanqueray 10 would be fine, but would be interested to know the selection. Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, HPfoodie said:

We’re on Spirit in March/April … first time on SS - in fact only 2nd ever cruise. Won’t mention the first - not the best! Anyway, we’ve been trying to see what the gin selection is in the bars and getting nowhere - we like a good g&t - not Beefeater or Gordon’s, Tanqueray 10 would be fine, but would be interested to know the selection. Thank you. 

I know they have Bombay and Hendricks.......what brands do you prefer? 

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I know they have Bombay and Hendricks.......what brands do you prefer? 

Hmmm Bombay is acceptable, would prefer any Tanqueray. Not Hendricks. Would’ve hoped for at least one more special gin. We have a rather large selection at home. Tonic is important too. 

3 minutes ago, HPfoodie said:

Hmmm Bombay is acceptable, would prefer any Tanqueray. Not Hendricks. Would’ve hoped for at least one more special gin. We have a rather large selection at home. Tonic is important too. 

Oh they have Tanqueray as well. They may have other options.......actually when I sailed the Moon they had a fabulous Gin......I posted a picture of the bottle earlier in this thread.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

.....I posted a picture of the bottle earlier in this thread.

I think I have seen that. We are booked on Moon, but not until 2024 😳. We have booked this cruise after 5 Crystal cancellations - all due to COVID except for the latest one, which is the saddest. 

35 minutes ago, HPfoodie said:

Hmmm Bombay is acceptable, would prefer any Tanqueray. Not Hendricks. Would’ve hoped for at least one more special gin. We have a rather large selection at home. Tonic is important too

You had better ask that question too.  Too many cruise ships use Royal Club, which is terrible but must have a great supply chain...

6 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You had better ask that question too.  Too many cruise ships use Royal Club, which is terrible but must have a great supply chain...

Fever Tree goes great with the Gin Family🙂 I know they have it on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1