Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

14 minutes ago, RRFan said:

I wonder if anyone who wants to trade the mini-bar for coffee pkgs has done that prior to the mini-bar being delivered?  I would like to save them the trip to my cabin with the mini-bar I'm trading in anyway.  At least I will call if it's MIA when we get to our cabin (sailing in Sept).  Thanks for the info!!

If you get to your cabin and the mini bar is not already there (as some have reported) just call the dine line (or is it room service?) and let them know that you want to swap. Then you'll need to check that the coffees have been added to your medallion, since there is no more physical card. 

• Like 2

Hope everyone has great cruise. My Alaska cruise last year was cancelled. My first Alaska cruise was in the late 70's on the original Island Princess. That small ship was great for getting around.

We will join the Majestic on October 23 fo a California Coast cruise.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

If you get to your cabin and the mini bar is not already there (as some have reported) just call the dine line (or is it room service?) and let them know that you want to swap. Then you'll need to check that the coffees have been added to your medallion, since there is no more physical card. 

Call room service 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alaskan cruises attract a lot of new cruisers, so maybe that's why everyone showed up at once for afternoon tea. Or else there wasn't anything else to do at that time. 

I hope that when I'm on the ship in three weeks, they'll have an order card for the formal canapes. Once of the problems we've had in the past is that they did not respect our time request, though. We would get back to our cabin and find the canapes waiting for us. If the plate felt room temperature, we would have no idea how long they'd been sitting there.

I'm a little bit surprised that people haven't received their minibars yet. 

12 hours ago, bflysmile said:

Speaking of which, I read on CC that people love the fettuccine Alfredo so I had that with shrimp added last night. OMG so good!

Sounds yummy……thanks for the suggestion. I will be ordering this on our cruise later this month.

3 hours ago, StrawberryHill said:

We are on board this coming Sunday   Is a tube of hand lotion still  placed in the cabin ?  We both love the Princess hand lotions of the past.  Thank you

Yes, lotion was there

Good morning from the inside passage leading to Juneau. We will be about 45 mins late into Juneau due to the delay with provisions in Seattle. I had a lot of fun last night. I played the yes/no game and won 🙌🏻, saw Carlos Oscars comedy show and watched the singers and dancers perform Sweet Soul Music. 

The entertainment and enrichment on this cruise has been great. There are no dance classes or parties due to Covid restrictions 😞which is one of my favorite parts of cruising. They do have a Dj in the evening and has had live instrumental music in the piazza and there have been some couples dancing there. 

They are making announcements on the pa and you can listen on the bridge cam channel on the tv. They will do the Dane throughout the day In Glacier Bay. 

F309FF7F-E4BD-448D-9DFF-7BBF71914C1A.jpeg

6D272097-4E99-4519-8E21-899504E28DAD.jpeg

AA336A2B-FE89-4CFB-AF81-D55B470F85FA.jpeg

B6CDC78F-B309-48D4-8F3B-5D4C93DFD3D1.jpeg

B9F7BF70-98D4-453A-ADEC-37F9D557F633.jpeg

9DD33C2C-BBF9-422D-BBF8-7C4C1E526318.jpeg

9B779AB5-1098-48A1-BCB8-854EA1EE86F3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, uCruiser said:

How is the nightlife onboard? Any music, bands, dancing, karaoke etc...?

For the most part all the activities pretty much remain the same pre pandemic. The only difference is you just won't see karaoke or dance classes. But they have live music throughout the ship and crown grill on the Piazza and they are some couples dancing in the fiat so in the music is being played.

As we are a reduced capacity sailing the lovely part is it never feels crowded on board even though they are trying to push for using the app to book reservations no one has been checking any and princess live in a theater was packed last night so no social distancing really being enforced but everyone is having a beautiful time on board.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Retired 07 said:

You mentioned that the ship in not at full capacity.  Do you know at what capacity it is sailing? We will be on the Majestic in October, and have been thoroughly enjoying your posts. Thank yo very much!

We were told last week was 60% capacity and our cruise this week is at 75% capacity.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

I wonder if anyone who wants to trade the mini-bar for coffee pkgs has done that prior to the mini-bar being delivered?  I would like to save them the trip to my cabin with the mini-bar I'm trading in anyway.  At least I will call if it's MIA when we get to our cabin (sailing in Sept).  Thanks for the info!!

Yes you most definitely can exchange your mini bar out before the mini bar itself has actually been delivered. My routine is always been as soon as I get to my cabin when I get on board I call the room service department and I explained to them that I always like my mini bar switched out for all water bottles and they usually do it with no problem.

The reason for all of our Mia mini bar setups where they were expecting loading of the provisions on embarkation day and something went cuckoo with it and I think when we called to ask them to trade out our minibar for whether it's coffee cards or soda or water there's a misunderstanding in the communications you could just go to guest services and they will kindly assist and help.

• Like 2

The old system for seeing activities and information online us still available.  Many of the bars have a QR code to scan for their menu that takes you to this.  After connecting to ship internet, go to

https://majestic.princess.com/homepage

After it loads, click on More in the bottom right, then Locations, Hours and More.  You will get a list of all of the bars and restaurants. Click on the name you are interested in, and when the bar or restaurant menu loads,  click on View Menu to see their menu.  Great way to see different wines/drinks offered at locations aboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am LOVING the pictures on this thread!  Some tips:  for just a snack at Alfredo's, get the minestrone soup.   If the line for afternoon tea is long, wait until they seat everyone and then walk in.  They will find you a place.  It used to be that the tea items like the sandwich stuff and scones, etc., would show up on the buffet after tea was over.

• Like 1

I have another question  I love to swim and usually use the pool every day - it the pool in the Hollywood area heated since it's Alaska and has anyone been using it?

On 8/2/2021 at 9:13 AM, bflysmile said:

There were several vegetarian options last night but not in a special section, if that’s what you are asking. 

Did anyone try to drop of luggage at the ship a couple of hours before embarkation time?  Our flight gets in around 8am, so we're thinking about dropping off our luggage at the ship, then exploring before checking in.  We've done that before in other ports...