Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

4 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

Hey!  Question from cruiser that is hopefully going to be on a 9/25 sailing :0  Is the spa open?  We're wondering on our roll call.  Right now, there are no advanced bookings available for our sailing.

Thank you and I hope it all goes marvelously for you - 

Yes it is 😀

• Thanks 1

I am so glad to hear the crew can go ashore.  The crew said they had to wear their masks everywhere even in the crew only areas. They can only take them off in their own cabin. I hope that changes soon. There were a small handful of crew that were not 14 days after 2nd shot is they told me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Georgiane said:

question: just looked at the menu posted above and did not see the regular vegetarian option, is that gone? Will I have to ask for a different menu?

I noticed on the menus shared from last week's sailing that the first entree under Mains on every menu was the vegetarian option (V). They have moved to the top of the list apparently. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Georgiane said:

question: just looked at the menu posted above and did not see the regular vegetarian option, is that gone? Will I have to ask for a different menu?

There were several vegetarian options last night but not in a special section, if that’s what you are asking. 

Is there still a room service menu?  Can someone please check to see if you can still order small bottles of liquor for in room consumption?  They usually cost about $17 up to $30 for 375ml bottles of vodka, whiskey, gin etc.  Thank you 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

The Medallion app still does not have dining room menus available, even after you get on ship.  Looks like a nice feature for planning when to book Specialty dining, hope they implement it soon.

Are they available on the cabin TV?

On 7/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, pkt1976 said:

After following every post on the July 25 th live thread, woo hoo! It’s my turn! I’m flying to Seattle tomorrow afternoon. I’ve visited Seattle, it has a lot to offer but work pays for cruises, so just any overnight this time. 

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to post Information and updates. I hope you all had an amazing time. 

I’ll write in purple so it’s easy to find my updates 😁

Like many others, I have several cancellations under my belt, including 2 attempts at Alaska, and I can not wait for some time at  sea. Alaska is an amazing place, and This is my third cruise to Alaska. My first Princess cruise was on the Sea Princess in 2012. the link to that review is in my signature. The Majestic is of course a very different ship. While this class of ship is not my first choice for Alaska, I get to go so I’m happy. 

This cruise will be very different than those in the past with all the changes in events they are not doing. I’ll take that as an opportunity to do things I haven’t or have rarely done. A good attitude is a good way to start a trip I believe. I’m sure I’ll miss things I enjoyed in the past, but a day at sea beats a day at work. 

I do have excursions booked I’m very excited about. I had cancer In2009 and was considerably restricted In what I could physically do in 2012. I still had an amazing time and will talk about past excursions on the days In those ports. There are so many options.  I do still have  restrictions but will be able to do two excursions i couldn’t then. This will be my third attempt to go on the Kroschel Studios excursion and I will be bouncing around like a sugared up toddler for sure ! Pleeeease let me go 😂

I did not get Princess plus. I’m elite and will trade out my minibar for 2 coffee packages ( so 30 specialty coffees/teas and unlimited regular coffee, tea, and hot chocolate) i just don’t drink much and I’ll maybe have one alcoholic drink a day and I get 1/2 off on WiFi, so for me, it’s not worth it. I will get a mango margarita and a dirty banana, my two favorite drinks, somewhere along the way. I may even go to the elite lounge 😂I think I’ve gone once, ever. I may also take a 6 pack of canned soda onboard as you are allowed to. I’m trying to drink less soda so maybe not. 

I stalked the menus and am excited to see some new dishes on the dining room menus. Princess is like home now as I know where I’m going onboard and what to expect, so it’s exciting to see something new. The Majestic is also a bit different than the Royal and Regal so I’m excited to check out the Hollywood Conservatory and will make use of the pool there.I do wish they had kept the Gong Cha cafe as I wanted to try the milk tea and mango smoothie, but there’s plenty of other drinks to enjoy. Oh and I will be visiting my friend Alfredo of course for his amazing pizza and pastas 😍

I’m going to stop by the Enclave to see what the price and rules are. I read on the May 25 thread that it was I think $179 for the week and you only get two hours a day, which you have to schedule. If that’s the case, I will skip it this time. During normal times, I’ve very much enjoyed my time in the Enclave. 

I’m traveling solo, which I’ve done many times. Due to the uncertainty with dining, I went ahead and booked a table for dinner each night for my epic party of one 🎉 , I’m in two dining rooms and have different times booked based on the port times etc. If they do the Sur La Mer brunch on a sea day, I’ll likely do that as well. A small group of us agreed to meet for afternoon tea the first sea day, something to look forward to! Our roll calls here and the ..other place 😉 are pretty small,  no official meet and greet set up. 

I’ve stayed in touch with 3 of the lovely crew members on board from previous cruises and can’t wait to see them again. I’m so excited for them, they are back at sea doing jobs they love. You may have experienced Zumba or dance classes with the one, the only, Nat from Brazil. If you did, you will never forget him and will darn sure be smiling while dancing😂 He’s changed positions so no Zumba with Nat this time 😭. I’m so happy for him and wish him the best in his new path. Duke Christopher is one of my favorite CDs and I could legit listen to him talk all day 🥰😆he’s been promoted to ED now so l suppose I’ll see less of him this time as well. Miss Rachel from Canada who is addicted to Puns is also onboard and is an ACD. I met her when she was on her first contract and she’s so funny and such a sweet person. I made sure to tell her I will “sea” her soon 😉.  I’m so excited to see them all. I’ve also been watching the videos Captain Dino Sagani has been posting and I’m looking forward to meeting him, his videos make me laugh and I know I’ll enjoy his vibrant and fun personality. 

It will be a different experience, but it will be fun and amazing and an opportunity to explore and enjoy a beautiful place. Alaska has so much to offer, it’s just beautiful! I look forward to another opportunity to see the glaciers, hear the calving, watch the wildlife, wander the towns, and so much more. 

To be continued...😘

really enjoying the Live from Majestic Princess cruise. Hope to hear more from you on the ship. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UT-Volsfan said:

For the Elites, don't expect the mini-bar setup in your cabin when you board. Several people we spoke with had not received theirs as of late last night.  If they are having trouble with limited passengers, it may be very late when they sail at 100% capacity. 

That’s disappointing & doing exchanges would take even longer.

Sailing at under 100% capacity I wonder if they are fully staffed with crew. They’ve expressed the desire to increase passenger capacity as soon as possible & based on posts this cruise has more passengers than last week. In anticipation of returning to full capacity I’d think they are fully staffed. There’ll be a learning curve for staff to workout any issues but if fully staffed such delays might be an indication of problems with providing the MedallionClass experience Princess is promoting.

With all of the food & drink deliveries & having the same number of crew members as before I’m skeptical about their ability to deliver food & drink in a timely manner. And will lines at places such as the grill be even slower as a result of food orders to be delivered around the ship.

• Like 3

for the person with question on drinks for a 20 year old from a 50+ non drinker. I love love love that the app has a mock-tail section. 

The one thing that annoys me about cruising is the alcohol pushing at every turn and I like having drink-like options that aren’t soda. 

I have not seen milkshakes yet. But the beverage and food options for delivery and order are great, IMHO. 

there isn’t a separate ‘room service’ menu because food can be delivered everywhere. The order is just routed to whatever bar or kitchen serves that section of the ship. This morning we each ordered via the app to the room and it was delivered together by room service. Yesterday by the pool the orders came from 2 servers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Not many, some are though 

we joked that the social contract was broken by sail away. 

we still mask in elevators and halls when we are near other people. 

and remember, masks protect others from YOU not you from others. So I see it as a courtesy to the staff to wear one when talking to them in close proximity. 

• Like 8

Just now, Jadn13 said:

Is there a room service breakfast menu or an equivalent of how we did it before w/hanging the card on the door? 

there is still the paper hangtag on the door. You don’t have to use the app or TV. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

Is there a room service breakfast menu or an equivalent of how we did it before w/hanging the card on the door? 

Also, is there still a card to fill out for the elite hors d'oeuvres on Formal evenings?

1 hour ago, fabby50 said:

Hey!  Question from cruiser that is hopefully going to be on a 9/25 sailing :0  Is the spa open?  We're wondering on our roll call.  Right now, there are no advanced bookings available for our sailing.

Thank you and I hope it all goes marvelously for you - 

Yes. Spa is open with Covid protocols in place. 

Gluten free folks, while the GF selection is very good, I was told to add dietary restrictions to app before sailing. I did, and I called and asked them to do it, also. They said I would not be offered Gluten options. This has not been true. I have had to remind all servers. It seems like it is not popping up on my account by default. 

• Like 1