Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@pkt1976are people masking up on your sailing?  As you know we had very, very few people wearing masks until Saturday our last day. 

I appreciate your question and observation. Any particular reason for the uptick in mask wearing the last day? 

• Like 2

Just now, uCruiser said:

I saw someone mention that they will charge you for one of them, if you order two drinks.

So I can't go up to the bar and get a drink for me and my wife as well? We both have to go?

Take your and her medallions to the bar.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don’t remember seeing this on the July 25 “Live from” threads.

Has Traditional Dining gone the way of the Dodo bird? For any PAX that had TD set up pre-cruise, was this still honoured or did you have to go into your MC app and reserve your dining room and time using DMY. The reason I ask is that I have a cruise booked a few months ago through my travel agent for 2022 and requested early TD.  I am able to go into DMY and request any time in any of the 3 dining rooms. Will this now screw up my early TD request if I reserve a time/place?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ackpth said:

Looking to play the Card Game BRIDGE, that is typically offered on cruise ships.

Princess no longer sponsors official bridge, but they will sometimes offer a place and cards for people who just want to play.  I think it was in the Patter.  In the old days, there would be a sign up sheet of sorts in the library for people to find others to play bridge and other games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, uCruiser said:

I saw someone mention that they will charge you for one of them, if you order two drinks.

So I can't go up to the bar and get a drink for me and my wife as well? We both have to go?

Your reservations are linked so they will see both of you, and see that you both have the beverage package.  We have never (even pre medallion)  had any issue going to a bar and getting two drinks at the same time.

Helen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

Gluten free folks, while the GF selection is very good, I was told to add dietary restrictions to app before sailing. I did, and I called and asked them to do it, also. They said I would not be offered Gluten options. This has not been true. I have had to remind all servers. It seems like it is not popping up on my account by default. 

Thanks for reporting on the GF options.   As a newly diagnosed Celiac, I am following with interest.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

If they are only on your card, they are holds.  Princess always does this and they will change throughout your voyage.  At the end those will drop off and be replaced by the final total on your folio.

This is a major reason to NOT use a debit card or a credit card with a low limit. You could max out and incur charges or with a debit card one of your checks could bounce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Is there still a room service menu?  Can someone please check to see if you can still order small bottles of liquor for in room consumption?  They usually cost about $17 up to $30 for 375ml bottles of vodka, whiskey, gin etc.  Thank you 

I’d love to know this too!

I don’t know the passenger count or capacity yet, haven’t heard. 

photos below of the menu on the tv for some places, there are menus for the specialty places too. 

I had pizza at Alfredos. 

I did go to the first naturalist talk, will go to another shortly. 

no charge for room service delivery, but there are items with additional charges. 

I booked reservations at different times each night. I forgot to post last night but when I arrived for dinner they asked if I wanted to share and I did with several people so even if you make a reservation it seems you may sit with others if you like. 

I spent an hour this morning relaxing in the Hollywood Conservatory pool. It was lovely, though the hot tubs weren’t available then. 

E84EA46C-5176-4563-9B9C-35D6D9856EDF.jpeg

B073B5CD-C318-4463-8771-9E1FAA54FDCE.jpeg

C21DA5AE-BB34-40E4-AE5C-FBCA9BFD11AA.jpeg

24860AD1-EC9E-4B1D-8BD7-2ACD69EB3FCB.jpeg

D028029A-C453-442F-9294-40931251CC8B.jpeg

19596DF5-B813-4D3A-A664-373B9BEB8885.jpeg

07590903-BF75-4D12-82FC-BE1D49BA68E3.jpeg

D8948BDD-4966-484F-B46C-D325881ED301.jpeg

Edited by pkt1976
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

- you may think I’m the devil for this but I don’t like the bacon 😱

Did you not like the bacon because it was not crisp?  I prefer crisp bacon and after 13 cruises, found out you can request it on the buffet line!  They have a special drawer of it hiding away!  Game changer!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MustangGT said:

Did you not like the bacon because it was not crisp?  I prefer crisp bacon and after 13 cruises, found out you can request it on the buffet line!  They have a special drawer of it hiding away!  Game changer!!!

You can ask for bacon, extra crispy, in

the DR also at breakfast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Piperpals said:

Your reservations are linked so they will see both of you, and see that you both have the beverage package.  We have never (even pre medallion)  had any issue going to a bar and getting two drinks at the same time.

Helen

Yes but we always had to bring both cruise cards until they got to know us

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

One time, I asked for crispy bacon, the cook put the bacon in the deep fryer.  It was not nice.

Edited by phabric

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Also, is there still a card to fill out for the elite hors d'oeuvres on Formal evenings?

I didn’t get it, it is probably lost somewhere in space next to my minibar set up (it is 2 pm on the second day of the cruise). 

10 minutes ago, manunia said:

I didn’t get it, it is probably lost somewhere in space next to my minibar set up (it is 2 pm on the second day of the cruise). 

Same thing here. I've inquired several times in regards to my minibar trade out for water. Wondering if provisions are just low or something 🤷‍♀️

Question about the online menus both app and on TV:

In the past folks have said the buffet would often list the specialty nights in the Patter. Are the specialty nights for the buffet listed on the TV or in the app?

Bacon: The pic of breakfast with the omelet and bacon had bacon that actually looked decent. I have never had "good" bacon on a Princess cruise. Usually it's all kind of "scrambled up" looking rather than nice strips like in the picture. Is this the new norm or was it a fluke?

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

In the past folks have said the buffet would often list the specialty nights in the Patter. Are the specialty nights for the buffet listed on the TV or in the app?

Bacon: The pic of breakfast with the omelet and bacon had bacon that actually looked decent. I have never had "good" bacon on a Princess cruise. Usually it's all kind of "scrambled up" looking rather than nice strips like in the picture. Is this the new norm or was it a fluke?

No they have not listed them anywhere.

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Probably the diff between DR breakfast and buffet breakfast.  The times I have had breakfast in DR, food seems more attractive I would say.