Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

Just now, alanasgpa said:

Did I read someplace that on the room service menu you can order from the main dining room? And they bring it to the room

I believe last week’s live thread said that you could not order from the MDR menu. 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

My dining preference did not carry over on to the app.  I had to go on the app and put in my preferences and then select DMW in restaurants for each night.  You

should check with your TA, they may do it for you or check with PCl for you.

i wanted early 5pm TD and a table for 2 and that’s what I was able to get on every day on my cruises in 2022.

I love the app and see many possibilities for the future!  I hope.  Lol

Thanks for your response. Yes, my travel agent had confirmed months ago early TD, table for 2 at 5 pm. As I thought that was a little bit too early, I experimented with DMW and was able to book Symphony DR for 5.40 pm, table for 2 every night. I just didn’t know if this had screwed up or voided my TD, but it looks like this might be the new normal for dining. 

52 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already between this and last weeks cruise thread.  I have not seen it or perhaps missed it.

Are they serving the Pub Lunch on sea days?  Where?

There wasn’t one today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mringenoldus said:

This is available for full suite guests

That has always been available for full suite guests but I believe they deliver the entire meal at once rather than in staged courses like in MDR.

• Like 1

Some Canapés just showed up (for elite) I did not get an order card like normal. I’m allergic to shrimp so I will eat the ones I know I can have and leave the rest as I don’t know for sure what they are. 😞 there are definitely some challenges they are working through with food and beverage service.

Food allergies is one of them as several people have noted on here and that I’ve spoken with. I feel so badly for the crew, they are all trying so hard.  I had an issue at one of the dining venues and talked to the lead and told her it was ok I wasn’t upset but I wanted to let her know what had happened and to remind her Team to be mindful.  I feel that decisions are being made at the corporate level that are making things so much harder for a crew restarting under already challenging conditions. 

AE0197B6-0A48-48C3-98E5-7B4ADC4A3FD5.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

As to the Spa Being Open. Yes it is 😀

I will be sailing on the first Princess Cruise in my home port next month and was wondering when the Spa bookings opened for your sail. As of now we are unable to. I assume because of staffing and training as we 53 day out. But looking forward to a massage on the sail! Thanks to all for the preview for all of us!

7 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

Some Canapés just showed up (for elite) I did not get an order card like normal. I’m allergic to shrimp so I will eat the ones I know I can have and leave the rest as I don’t know for sure what they are. 😞 there are definitely some challenges they are working through with food and beverage service.

Food allergies is one of them as several people have noted on here and that I’ve spoken with. I feel so badly for the crew, they are all trying so hard.  I had an issue at one of the dining venues and talked to the lead and told her it was ok I wasn’t upset but I wanted to let her know what had happened and to remind her Team to be mindful.  I feel that decisions are being made at the corporate level that are making things so much harder for a crew restarting under already challenging conditions. 

No doubt (refer to yellow highlight).  That said, seems to me a waste to send out the canapes unbidden to every Elite/Suite guest when some would have no interest or have dietary concerns like you mentioned and then not sure what getting. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Kay S said:

How old is this information?  It would be tragic to show up for the cruise with the wrong documents and be denied boarding.  "But the FAQ says" won't help much.

The tour in Skagway ( Klondike) crosses to Canada, and therefore passports are required. It was well stated on the Alaska contract 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pkt1976 said:

AE0197B6-0A48-48C3-98E5-7B4ADC4A3FD5.jpeg

Allergies question is  on the medallion app

@barbpretz I loved good spirits at sea. They play a video that complements the beverage. They do a commentary while making it. You get a high quality 5 by 7 recipe card for the drink you had. Allan and Lou are wonderful. I had two of their cocktails. I wish I had done more but it just didn’t work out. They are like a regular bar. The journey view made it seem like their was a stop start time but there wasn’t on our sailing. 

We didn’t have pub lunch on the first  sailing. I hope they bring it back.  They had fish and chips in MDR one time. I forget when, the food is all a lovely blur at this point. I know I had excellent seafood all week. 

So happy to hear they are asking if you want to share in MDR now. Tell Mirko in Concerto Jacqueline from first week said she’s really happy about it. Love him. 

I loved Oleena and Sunil in Concerto. And if you see Ravi there tell him he is still making me smile. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ymmet27 said:

The tour in Skagway ( Klondike) crosses to Canada, and therefore passports are required. It was well stated on the Alaska contract 

It was stated in the first voyage thread that tours were not crossing the border.  Who knows when they will?  Americans cannot enter Canada quite yet for non-essential reasons - that changes AUG 9.  Then,  Canada will allow in fully-vaccinated Americans, but they want a test, so who is going to get tested for a few moments of border crossing?  And that is only the start.  You have to use an App (ArriveCAN) and register a bunch of info, including having a quarantine plan in case you are not accepted as vaccinated, etc.  So, forget about tours going into Canada for time being I should think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sounds like they need a contract with Beyond Beef.  I hear they are quite good.

That may be why they're charging for the 'veggie burger'   

I know a lot of places are doing that,  I was going to try lunch at Wahlburgers on the Vegas Strip, but the charge for the veggie burger *Impossible burger was 18.95....and the regular burger was 11.45.  Haven't been there yet,  don't want to pay that much more to not have meat.  lol 

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I'm thinking Beyond Sysco 😛

Actually Sysco Foods has 4-5 different options for Veggie Burgers and some are fine. However the Food Cost Control Purchasers  @ Carnival Corp most likely bought the one they got the best price for first on a mega deal, as it is easier instead of finding the best and negotiating for the best price first. 

I like to call it " The Complete Backwards Principal" especially when your goal is to provide the best!

Edited by gmcwalker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Question about the online menus both app and on TV:

In the past folks have said the buffet would often list the specialty nights in the Patter. Are the specialty nights for the buffet listed on the TV or in the app?

Bacon: The pic of breakfast with the omelet and bacon had bacon that actually looked decent. I have never had "good" bacon on a Princess cruise. Usually it's all kind of "scrambled up" looking rather than nice strips like in the picture. Is this the new norm or was it a fluke?

No they have not listed them anywhere.

50 minutes ago, barbpretz said:

Has anyone attended the Good Spirits at Sea?  I read the description, but still don't quite understand what this is.  I'd love to hear what it entailed and what people thought of it.  Thanks!

I've gone to the good spirits bar on several other princess ships. It's a lovely bar where they have these wonderful craftsmans of a bartender who made these beautiful cocktail drinks you have a many to choose from and then while they're preparing your drink they describe to you how they're making it and they play a video of where the idea of the drink derives from as their inspiration. If you ever go on The Medallion app you can actually watch The Medallion TV show portion that they have called good spirits it's a fascinating show I watched it when the Medallion TV show/channel was introduced.

The weather could not be more beautiful it is absolutely the perfect temperature for me at least. It's been a lovely sea day absolutely relaxing and peaceful. Express how much I love a reduced passenger capacity.

I went to afternoon tea like I have in past cruises but fair warning on a typical afternoon tea event normally the opening is always been 3:00 to 4:15 and people can trickle in during that time period. However with the whole reservation system everybody lined up at 3:00 at the door and according to the interview there was at least 393 passengers signed up so you can imagine how long that line was to Timbuktu. I felt so bad for the wait stuff as it had to be such a overwhelming tea service because everyone poured in at the same exact time like a bus had just dropped everyone off. Personally I think they should have done like a group a in a group b sign up or just tell passengers you could come at any time during this window not all at 3:00 because I think it was just too much to handle for the crew members.

Dinner was absolutely fantastic my waitress is adorable I'm her guinea pig to try any of the new items that they have at it recently to the menus to give her my feedback on it. So please don't judge on the amount of food you might see from my dinner just so you are all aware I do not clear my plate I'm really good at taste testing and enjoying all the wonderful different flavors.

In order the pictures you will see the delicious snapper followed by the herb garlic  broccoli pesto tagaletti with chicken. For dessert highly recommend the pecan caramel turtle cheesecake it was by far my favorite for the evening. The famous chocolate journeys hazelnut chocolate bar and pistachio creme brulee.

20210802_175954.jpg

20210802_181522.jpg

20210802_184240.jpg

20210802_184244.jpg

20210802_184252.jpg

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2