Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

24 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

The weather could not be more beautiful it is absolutely the perfect temperature for me at least. It's been a lovely sea day absolutely relaxing and peaceful. Express how much I love a reduced passenger capacity.

I went to afternoon tea like I have in past cruises but fair warning on a typical afternoon tea event normally the opening is always been 3:00 to 4:15 and people can trickle in during that time period. However with the whole reservation system everybody lined up at 3:00 at the door and according to the interview there was at least 393 passengers signed up so you can imagine how long that line was to Timbuktu. I felt so bad for the wait stuff as it had to be such a overwhelming tea service because everyone poured in at the same exact time like a bus had just dropped everyone off. Personally I think they should have done like a group a in a group b sign up or just tell passengers you could come at any time during this window not all at 3:00 because I think it was just too much to handle for the crew members.

Dinner was absolutely fantastic my waitress is adorable I'm her guinea pig to try any of the new items that they have at it recently to the menus to give her my feedback on it. So please don't judge on the amount of food you might see from my dinner just so you are all aware I do not clear my plate I'm really good at taste testing and enjoying all the wonderful different flavors.

In order the pictures you will see the delicious snapper followed by the herb garlic  broccoli pesto tagaletti with chicken. For dessert highly recommend the pecan caramel turtle cheesecake it was by far my favorite for the evening. The famous chocolate journeys hazelnut chocolate bar and pistachio creme brulee.

20210802_175954.jpg

20210802_181522.jpg

20210802_184240.jpg

20210802_184244.jpg

20210802_184252.jpg

I would love to be at the table to sample these along with you. I love to eat that way on the ship. Thanks for the comments about the tea as well. I hope they are able to make some adjustments to improve the process. I hope you try that again - and report back. I highly recommend going for tea upon your return from one of your ports. Always a welcome treat after time ashore.

• Like 1

Just now, CruzeQueen2 said:

I would love to be at the table to sample these along with you. I love to eat that way on the ship. Thanks for the comments about the tea as well. I hope they are able to make some adjustments to improve the process. I hope you try that again - and report back. I highly recommend going for tea upon your return from one of your ports. Always a welcome treat after time ashore.

I always adore my afternoon tea. I will be trying it again without a question. I know everything is trial and error as they're restarting so as anything that starts back up you just need to be patient and give them time..

Hahahaha. I was always taught you'll never know what something tastes like unless you try it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

I always adore my afternoon tea. I will be trying it again without a question. I know everything is trial and error as they're restarting so as anything that starts back up you just need to be patient and give them time..

Hahahaha. I was always taught you'll never know what something tastes like unless you try it. 

Go for it! All of it! I'm with you - and your lovely waitress

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, silviaeaston said:

Here is one menu.... I think formal night....

Princess menu.jpg

This menu looks like the paper one from the MDR.  The question was whether anyone had seen the OceanNow menu for dinner.  That would be on the app, the phone screen or the TV.

13 minutes ago, Kay S said:

This menu looks like the paper one from the MDR.  The question was whether anyone had seen the OceanNow menu for dinner.  That would be on the app, the phone screen or the TV.

Looking at the app now it looks like you can only order the Princess Favorites from the Main Dining Room menu (on the app) - shrimp cocktail, salmon, fettuccini Alfredo, etc

Speaking of which, I read on CC that people love the fettuccine Alfredo so I had that with shrimp added last night. OMG so good!

I thought Alfredos would be more grab a pizza slice to go so a little disappointed  that it’s a sit down restaurant. But hope to try it!

Glad we didn’t go to tea today. That line would have prevented us from trying it. We weren’t sure if you could stop in anytime. Hope so!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bflysmile said:

Looking at the app now it looks like you can only order the Princess Favorites from the Main Dining Room menu (on the app) - shrimp cocktail, salmon, fettuccini Alfredo, etc

Speaking of which, I read on CC that people love the fettuccine Alfredo so I had that with shrimp added last night. OMG so good!

I thought Alfredos would be more grab a pizza slice to go so a little disappointed  that it’s a sit down restaurant. But hope to try it!

Glad we didn’t go to tea today. That line would have prevented us from trying it. We weren’t sure if you could stop in anytime. Hope so!

Alfredos is well worth a try. My guess- once you go there, you'll want to go again. It is open throughout the day - go for a snack. Loads of good food there! Be served, relax- you are on holiday! Hope the tea service gets worked out. It is also well worth trying. Afternoon delight. More service. Enjoy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ymmet27 said:

The tour in Skagway ( Klondike) crosses to Canada, and therefore passports are required. It was well stated on the Alaska contract 

No going into Canada this year for these summer cruises. Maybe will do next season.

1 hour ago, bflysmile said:

We love Alfredo's but we don't each order a pizza. We order one to share. We usually get the one that's named for the ship. It varies according to the ship but always seems to be the one we are willing to share.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

Some Canapés just showed up (for elite) I did not get an order card like normal. I’m allergic to shrimp so I will eat the ones I know I can have and leave the rest as I don’t know for sure what they are. 😞 there are definitely some challenges they are working through with food and beverage service.

Food allergies is one of them as several people have noted on here and that I’ve spoken with. I feel so badly for the crew, they are all trying so hard.  I had an issue at one of the dining venues and talked to the lead and told her it was ok I wasn’t upset but I wanted to let her know what had happened and to remind her Team to be mindful.  I feel that decisions are being made at the corporate level that are making things so much harder for a crew restarting under already challenging conditions. 

AE0197B6-0A48-48C3-98E5-7B4ADC4A3FD5.jpeg

Looks like the same old canapés. They are a nice treat but a bit of variety would be nice!

9 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Thanks for your response. Yes, my travel agent had confirmed months ago early TD, table for 2 at 5 pm. As I thought that was a little bit too early, I experimented with DMW and was able to book Symphony DR for 5.40 pm, table for 2 every night. I just didn’t know if this had screwed up or voided my TD, but it looks like this might be the new normal for dining. 

No, you did not screw it up.  This is the way forward for your choices.

DMW is a great feature, because now, you have control over it.  I have 5 cruises booked in 2022 and already put in my choices!

Stay safe. Tonna

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Camelia- said:

I understand (from my niece who was recently diagnosed) that food contamination is also an issue for celiacs. It’s not only about eating gluten free food but also about how the food is prepared. How does Princess handle this? Do they have a dedicated area to prepare the food?

I cannot speak to this because I do not have Celiac. Supposedly food is carefully handled and prepared, but I am gluten sensitive and not allergic, so it is not life or death for me. I let them know this day one and via the app. Definitely be sure to upgrade all allergies on app and with head waiter. 

22 minutes ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

We haven't eaten buffet yet, but yesterday's breakfast was very rough in the MDR. I heard lots of complaints from others, as well. 

What were the complaints about?  I like eating breakfast in the dining compared to Buffet

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Alfredos is well worth a try. My guess- once you go there, you'll want to go again. It is open throughout the day - go for a snack. Loads of good food there! Be served, relax- you are on holiday! Hope the tea service gets worked out. It is also well worth trying. Afternoon delight. More service. Enjoy!

One of our favorite things to do at Alfredo's is to bring some cantaloupe from the buffet, order some prosciutto at the restaurant and wrap our own - lol. Although they usually just take the fruit from us and wrap it up and bring it back. 🙂 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

One of our favorite things to do at Alfredo's is to bring some cantaloupe from the buffet, order some prosciutto at the restaurant and wrap our own - lol. Although they usually just take the fruit from us and wrap it up and bring it back. 🙂 

Great idea! I 💖prosciutto & melon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phabric said:

What were the complaints about?  I like eating breakfast in the dining compared to Buffet

I just wrote this out, but idk what happened to my comment. But food was unflavored or uncooked. One lady told us she  ordered egg whites, and they brought her liquid egg white completely undone. Bacon was rubber. And another person sitting near us sent their food back and asked for a Danish instead. All other meals have been amazing, but breakfast was a disappointment. 

12 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

minibar set up is still MIA

I wonder if anyone who wants to trade the mini-bar for coffee pkgs has done that prior to the mini-bar being delivered?  I would like to save them the trip to my cabin with the mini-bar I'm trading in anyway.  At least I will call if it's MIA when we get to our cabin (sailing in Sept).  Thanks for the info!!