Live from the Majestic Princess at last! August 1 2021 to Alaska

pkt1976

6 hours ago, Irisagogo said:

Other than the Enclave, which you so kindly are checking on… does anybody know if anything in the noodle place is vegetarian?

They have three options as I recall - Vegetable Ramen Soup, Mushroom Chicken Soup and Chicken Wonton. 

we got the veggie and it was yummy but spicy. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Hmmm! If they're charging $4 for a veggie burger they'd better "up their game". The one time I tried the one that was free, it was a one bite & into the trash burger. It was horrible. No way I'd pay for one.

I'm frankly shocked that Princess is charging for the vegetarian option. I thought they were more "vegetarian friendly" than that. While I'm not vegetarian I would probably mention that as a negative in my post-cruise survey.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

Thanks for reporting on the GF options.   As a newly diagnosed Celiac, I am following with interest.  Have a great cruise!

I understand (from my niece who was recently diagnosed) that food contamination is also an issue for celiacs. It’s not only about eating gluten free food but also about how the food is prepared. How does Princess handle this? Do they have a dedicated area to prepare the food?

• Like 1

We're sailing 2 weeks from now Aug 15. Can someone please post the fitness center class schedule? And the 1-time class price? I want to see if it's worth it to pre-book a 3-5 day package or not? Thank you very much! And thanks for sharing!

45 minutes ago, Camelia- said:

I understand (from my niece who was recently diagnosed) that food contamination is also an issue for celiacs. It’s not only about eating gluten free food but also about how the food is prepared. How does Princess handle this? Do they have a dedicated area to prepare the food?

DW is GF and has many sailings since she was diagnosed. YES! We have been told by the staff they have a dedicated area for GF preparation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Hmmm! If they're charging $4 for a veggie burger they'd better "up their game". The one time I tried the one that was free, it was a one bite & into the trash burger. It was horrible. No way I'd pay for one.

Completely agree. It was like sawdust and fell apart after a couple of bites. Zero flavour. If they paid ME four bucks, it would still be doubtful. 

18 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

DW is GF and has many sailings since she was diagnosed. YES! We have been told by the staff they have a dedicated area for GF preparation.

That’s great to know! Thanks for confirming that..I will make sure to pass it on…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

What's next ... add-on for salt free, kosher, gluten free, etc.?

$4 veg burger sounds like a cash grab.

Princess:  can you find more ways to p*ss off your clients?

Edited by pms4104

39 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

Completely agree. It was like sawdust and fell apart after a couple of bites. Zero flavour. If they paid ME four bucks, it would still be doubtful. 

Yes!  Worst veggie burger I ever tasted, and I've had a lot of them.  I can't believe they are charging for that thing.  This is definitely something for the after-cruise complaint form.

6 hours ago, redtop101 said:

I don’t remember seeing this on the July 25 “Live from” threads.

Has Traditional Dining gone the way of the Dodo bird? For any PAX that had TD set up pre-cruise, was this still honoured or did you have to go into your MC app and reserve your dining room and time using DMY. The reason I ask is that I have a cruise booked a few months ago through my travel agent for 2022 and requested early TD.  I am able to go into DMY and request any time in any of the 3 dining rooms. Will this now screw up my early TD request if I reserve a time/place?

My dining preference did not carry over on to the app.  I had to go on the app and put in my preferences and then select DMW in restaurants for each night.  You

should check with your TA, they may do it for you or check with PCl for you.

i wanted early 5pm TD and a table for 2 and that’s what I was able to get on every day on my cruises in 2022.

I love the app and see many possibilities for the future!  I hope.  Lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

I love reading this post. We are doing a short 3 day to test out the medallion before our 7 day in December. Time for me to lose the weight I will probably gain in October. I love sweets especially chocolate. I enjoy the international cafe way too much. And now that alcohol can be delivered anywhere. I may have my drink delivered to the gym! However I’m sure that’s not allowed. 

Have them meet you at the door to the gym with your drink! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought it was in MC App?  Or TV screen.  Memory not clear, but seem to recall seeing something like that.

It needs to be something obvious, not something you need to seek out.

Curious if anyone has, or plans to, eat at Harmony. Last cruise/thread, posters did not like the new menu, but no one posted how the new food is.  If anyone walks by, are they busy? If dining there, how is the food? I have the menu from the previous thread. Thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

We woke up to two random $100 charges on our card from the ship. So we will have to see guest services. These charges are not on our account in the app, so travelers, check your cards. And as a side note, the app allows me to order specialty coffee on the app with beverage package - but not tea, which is very strange. 

Someone mentioned that "Crew Chat" can resolve some issues like incorrect charges and it will avoid the need to go to guest services.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Yes!  Worst veggie burger I ever tasted, and I've had a lot of them.  I can't believe they are charging for that thing.  This is definitely something for the after-cruise complaint form.

Sounds like they need a contract with Beyond Beef.  I hear they are quite good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheCenterOfTheLabyrinth said:

We woke up to two random $100 charges on our card from the ship. So we will have to see guest services. These charges are not on our account in the app, so travelers, check your cards. And as a side note, the app allows me to order specialty coffee on the app with beverage package - but not tea, which is very strange. 

Someone mentioned that "Crew Chat" can resolve some issues like incorrect charges and it will avoid the need to go to guest services.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

What's next ... add-on for salt free, kosher, gluten free, etc.?

$4 veg burger sounds like a cash grab.

Princess:  can you find more ways to p*ss off your clients?

Since the old veggie burger was so bad, and we all know how folks love to complain about bad food, maybe they are buying a much better product now, hence the $4 charge.

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Same thing here. I've inquired several times in regards to my minibar trade out for water. Wondering if provisions are just low or something 🤷‍♀️

Canapés showed up in my cabin without ordering, minibar set up is still MIA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Since the old veggie burger was so bad, and we all know how folks love to complain about bad food, maybe they are buying a much better product now, hence the $4 charge.

Are you saying Sysco has improved their offerings?

• Haha 2