Pt 2 I was positive on AOS 7/24

Just now, rtazz17 said:

No doubt they will have positives. The protocols matter more then anything. Thats what they will point to when they have positives. Protocols dont stop covid. They are in place to show how you reacted to the situation. Thats what I meant. No protocols no cruising.

Right, there will be protocols, but in the end no one will be able to say "they did it best"

52 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm guessing in the end the varying protocols won't matter at all.  Every ship will have positive tests now and then at the end of a cruise.

They matter big-time they help prevent the spread if it wasn’t for the protocols it will be just like that princess ship that made the whole industry look bad.

enjoy your next cruise! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My son and I tested positive on the 724 Carnival Breeze and we treated the exact opposite way you guys were.  Kudos to Royal Caribbean for doing the right thing! Carnival did absolutely nothing for us except give us a list of eight quarantine hotels that we could arrange ourselves to stay in.  currently still in quarantine in Houston since we live in Connecticut.  Carnival certainly did not have to see us enter our home!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

My son and I tested positive on the 724 Carnival Breeze and we treated the exact opposite way you guys were.  Kudos to Royal Caribbean for doing the right thing! Carnival did absolutely nothing for us except give us a list of eight quarantine hotels that we could arrange ourselves to stay in.  currently still in quarantine in Houston since we live in Connecticut.  Carnival certainly did not have to see us enter our home!!!

OP thanks for updating us.  

I wonder if the protocols will be the same for Royals US based ships (ie flying someone home...) with Adventure they had to do the medical transport just to get them back in to the states.  I am sorry Carnival did help you out more.  It would be rough to not know what's going to happen next.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mauraoel said:

OP thanks for updating us.  

I wonder if the protocols will be the same for Royals US based ships (ie flying someone home...) with Adventure they had to do the medical transport just to get them back in to the states.  I am sorry Carnival did help you out more.  It would be rough to not know what's going to happen next.

Ironically enough I was on the 6/21 adventure of the sea sailing where there were two positive cases that was airlifted home.  I am not sure what the Royal Caribbean's rules are in the US, they cannot be any worse than Carnivals because they were completely non-existent it was a train wreck!

• Like 2

I wonder how much it costs for RC to send people home by private jet. I am sure they worked out some deal but if they have a small outbreak then I wonder if it is worth the cost.

so RC will only offer to take care of the passengers until the end of the year and then you have to pay on your dime?

At what capacity are they sailing? 

14 minutes ago, dulcemariamar said:

I wonder how much it costs for RC to send people home by private jet. I am sure they worked out some deal but if they have a small outbreak then I wonder if it is worth the cost.

so RC will only offer to take care of the passengers until the end of the year and then you have to pay on your dime?

At what capacity are they sailing? 

Actually from everything being said it October 31, 2020.  Most Royal ships are still well below capacity. 

That's why they are requiring unvaccinated to have trip insurance with specific minimums.

Edited by mauraoel

40 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Oh no.  I am so sorry to hear that.  That is terrible.  Are they paying for the hotel quarantine at some point? I am glad you are in the US quarantining and not stuck on an island somewhere.  The medical transport was saying Cozumel hospitals are bad right now for example.  How are you getting food or medical care if needed? How long do you have to wait to fly back to Connecticut or driving back? 

3 hours ago, Coconut Crew said:

No idea about credit for double points.  This was our first Royal cruise.  

First time cruisers on RCCL do not qualify for double points as Pre-Gold Crown & Anchor members.  You must be at least Gold level to qualify.

Just now, Coconut Crew said:

Oh no.  I am so sorry to hear that.  That is terrible.  Are they paying for the hotel quarantine at some point? I am glad you are in the US quarantining and not stuck on an island somewhere.  The medical transport was saying Cozumel hospitals are bad right now for example.  How are you getting food or medical care if needed? How long do you have to wait to fly back to Connecticut or driving back? 

What a terrible situation for all of us I hope you and your family are doing well too!  Carnival did nothing I mean absolutely nothing. The only reason they transported us to the quarantine hotel was because I said I would have contract an ambulance and they did not want an ambulance at the port.  Carnival does not announce positives onboard the  cruise ship and try to keep hush hush. A quote from a doctor in the medical center was " The last thing Carvinal wants is for this to be in the news". luckily we have travel insurance and hopefully we'll be in reimbursed but at this time everything is coming out of our pocket.  My negative husband and daughter are also quarantined in a separate hotel room and my husband has been taking good care of us regarding food and necessities.  They have to quarantine from minimum 7 days( as long as they continue to test negative) and my son and I 10 to 14 depending on test results.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The cases on Adventure last week quickly made the news because a USA Today reporter was on board. Otherwise it may have stayed quiet.

Well, the woman who had the screaming hissy fit on Freedom got flown home along with the woman sharing the cabin a few weeks ago. 

Both Royal and Celebrity have announced the positives and some details(without giving away PII and PMI). I guess they want to get ahead of the rumors unlike Carnival that wants to hope rumors don't start.

• Like 2

I read your first post.  What could have been a disaster was handled with class by your family and Royal.  I am glad to hear your family is recovering.  Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  Not sure why the first thread was pulled but glad to hear all is well.  Sorry your vacation did not end well.  But there will be more!  Being vaccinated sure helped you get a mild case!  

• Like 2

My spouses transport also did not have the stretcher but they explained how they would adapt it if needed.  That jet seated 8 and was roomier whereas ours seated 3-4 plus the stretcher.  

Curios, why were on different plane home than your husband?

I wonder just where the entire Bahamas Health Visa is meant to fit in with the cruise line handling COVID cases. Based on some comments made by RCL staff, maybe they've come to some agreement that cases found aboard will be handled by Royal, but cases found on land fall into the Health Visa insurance/quarantine.

1 hour ago, dulcemariamar said:

Figure on about $10K/flight hour - where are the flying peeps to weigh in?

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Figure on about $10K/flight hour - where are the flying peeps to weigh in?

Well, certainly there'll be difference when equipped with certified medical personnel and equipment; on the other hand you can be sure RCL negotiated better than retail pricing here, too. A LearJet typically can be had for under $4000/flying hour, staffed, though. Of course there's different LearJet models, but to start, at least. And again that's just a one-off price that I'm sure can go down if you're a frequent user.

4 hours ago, Coconut Crew said:

No idea about credit for double points.  This was our first Royal cruise.  

1 hour ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

First time cruisers on RCCL do not qualify for double points as Pre-Gold Crown & Anchor members.  You must be at least Gold level to qualify.

Correct.  The OP was not getting double points anyway.  But if they signed up for C&A (or if they sign up now), they will get points - I hope for all the days of their cruise.

...We are out several hundred dollars for air and amusement tickets we had to cancel for flying in a niece/nephew to Florida  for the day we were supposed to disembark.  Since the tickets weren’t for us we are going to have to eat it but it is a small cost considering the situation....

If your official travel insurance won’t cover it, there’s a *chance* your credit card might kick in if they have insurance. Sometimes they cover such cancellations if it was charged to your card. Some airlines will also do free changes for various scenarios without fees.

Best wishes for you and your family! Really appreciate the insight into your experience. It sounds like Royal Caribbean has taken care of their passengers quite well.

1 hour ago, deweytrader said:

What a terrible situation for all of us I hope you and your family are doing well too!  Carnival did nothing I mean absolutely nothing. The only reason they transported us to the quarantine hotel was because I said I would have contract an ambulance and they did not want an ambulance at the port.  Carnival does not announce positives onboard the  cruise ship and try to keep hush hush. A quote from a doctor in the medical center was " The last thing Carvinal wants is for this to be in the news". luckily we have travel insurance and hopefully we'll be in reimbursed but at this time everything is coming out of our pocket.  My negative husband and daughter are also quarantined in a separate hotel room and my husband has been taking good care of us regarding food and necessities.  They have to quarantine from minimum 7 days( as long as they continue to test negative) and my son and I 10 to 14 depending on test results.

I also hope you and your family are doing better too.  I noticed in your signature that you have some upcoming cruises, one in August and one in September (that I am on also).  Do you still plan to go on these cruises if you test negative?

52 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I wonder just where the entire Bahamas Health Visa is meant to fit in with the cruise line handling COVID cases. Based on some comments made by RCL staff, maybe they've come to some agreement that cases found aboard will be handled by Royal, but cases found on land fall into the Health Visa insurance/quarantine.

The health visa isn't specific to cruising. But it would cover the quarantine period. That said it's an expensive but brilliant PR strategy for RC.