August 3, 2021 Updated sailings and cancellations

9 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Just did some research, looks like Rhapsody is not going out of Tampa, means cannot do Lift and Shift, means Royal not obligated to do the “price protection” thing, that’s sad for us, good for Royal I suspect. 

In the past they allowed L&S from nearby Florida Ports when same ship and port wasn't available.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

In the past they allowed L&S from nearby Florida Ports when same ship and port wasn't available.

Good to know, that probably takes a phone call as opposed to it being offered/available to do on-line. I do see a couple out of Fort Lauderdale I would choose. My dates are limited, have been busy rebooking on both Carnival and MSC. Not “really” grumbling, ha. Retired and happily living in Florida so do have many options for re-booking without too much ado. I was just surprised a seven night March 2022 out of Tampa was not sailing. 

4 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Good to know, that probably takes a phone call as opposed to it being offered/available to do on-line. I do see a couple out of Fort Lauderdale I would choose. My dates are limited, have been busy rebooking on both Carnival and MSC. Not “really” grumbling, ha. Retired and happily living in Florida so do have many options for re-booking without too much ado. I was just surprised a seven night March 2022 out of Tampa was not sailing. 

Next thing you will hear is that ship is being SOLD

• Like 1

I was on a Vision cruise for 12/21.   I looked at L & S to 12/22, and found that the 2022 prices were much lower.     I ended up asking for a refund of my deposit and rebooked for 2022 (JS for less than Balcony in 2021).  Check your prices first!!

Edited by Gardener5b
edit for clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I lost the Brilliance in September, which isn’t totally unexpected.  What I didn’t expect was the L&S example they gave; they suggested the Brilliance    for a specific time period next year.  A period when the Brilliance is not even sailing 😂.  

The way things are now upside down, topsy turvy I actually think that it's a good sign that it will sail.

2 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

I'm furious and disgusted with Royal Caribbean.
They canceled our Nov. 6 Vision out of SJU and now we're SOL.
If we want to sail on a cruise around the same dates such as Explorer out of SJU NOv. 7th Or Allure out of MIA  we would have to pay 4 times  as much for a balcony cabin.
True those are 7 nites and our original was only 6 but the price difference is sky high.
I've been on canceled cruises before where they just put us on another ship around the same date, but this is just pure greed.   
I think we're taking the 100% refund and never ever ever sailing on RC again.
They will never see another dollar from me again.
I said good bye to NCL 10 years ago and we can do the same with RC and never miss them after this.

These are different times with limitations. If you can't handle the changes that are sure to come than it's best that you take your money back.  Taking the FCCs or a lift and shift seems to be more of a gamble now than it was a year ago. Don't kid yourself thinking that the other lines will be any different. Book a land vacation and make sure all deposits are refundable.

I'm annoyed by the number of C&A points I'm not getting.   We had already lost out on13 nts when after boarding the Radiance in Sydney last year the cruise got canceled.   Now at least 21 nts, plus probably 11 more, are definitely canceled.   That's atleast 42 pts we would have gotten.  Trying to book 2 new cruises, but only 17 nts x 2, or 34 pts.  Sorry I'm letting off steam.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

I'm annoyed by the number of C&A points I'm not getting.   We had already lost out on13 nts when after boarding the Radiance in Sydney last year the cruise got canceled.   Now at least 21 nts, plus probably 11 more, are definitely canceled.   That's atleast 42 pts we would have gotten.  Trying to book 2 new cruises, but only 17 nts x 2, or 34 pts.  Sorry I'm letting off steam.

I've been sitting at 12 points from D+ for the last 17 months.  

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

We're at 329.  Trying to get to 340.  

I was in a similar state during most of the COVID shutdown. 322 points. Finally got a B2B2B out of Nassau for 84 more points in June, and going back in September for another B2B and 56 more points.

5 hours ago, cellfree said:

Already several reports that they are sticking with the conditions in the offer.  To lift and shift it must be same ship, embarkation port and length of sailing. 

41 minutes ago, little britain said:

That’s my b2b on Voyager gone as she’s now starting from Copenhagen.

Good way to stop people getting all those double points! 😩

Confused!!    @Ourusualbeach Could you pls verify the restart date of Voyager please as the RCI announcement has 4/24 from Copenhagen but the Blog site has 4/15 from BCN.

Both cruises are still in my planner. 
thanks and 4/15 is still on sale on RCI USA site 🤷‍♀️. Thanks 

Edited by little britain

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

Confused!!    @Ourusualbeach Could you pls verify the restart date of Voyager please as the RCI announcement has 4/24 from Copenhagen but the Blog site has 4/15 from BCN.

thanks 

There's a 9-night sailing from Barcelona to Copenhagen on 4/15, then (6) consecutive 7-night sailings R/T Copenhagen, a 10-night R/T Copenhagen then an 11-night Copenhagen to Stockholm, etc.

30 minutes ago, dswallow said:

There's a 9-night sailing from Barcelona to Copenhagen on 4/15, then (6) consecutive 7-night sailings R/T Copenhagen, a 10-night R/T Copenhagen then an 11-night Copenhagen to Stockholm, etc.

Yes I know, but OP’s post #1 has restart for

Voyager of the Seas: April 24, 2022 departing from Copenhagen, Denmark 
but the schematic has the one off repo from BCN to CPH after her dry dock on 4/15 …and the itinerary is still for sale.

Edited by little britain

41 minutes ago, little britain said:

thanks and 4/15 is still on sale on RCI USA site 🤷‍♀️. Thanks 

We booked the 9 nights from Barcelona to Copenhagen as well. When I tried to request the refund today I got a message, that our cruise is not part of the global suspension and I am not eligible to request a refund. 
So maybe there is still hope…

• Thanks 1

Australia's deployment for Ovation of the Seas: From Cruise Weekly 04 August 2021

RCI pivots to domestic-only season Royal Caribbean International (RCI) has updated its Australian summer season to domestic-only. Ovation of the Seas will sail from Sydney starting 13 Dec through 31 Mar 2022, offering a mix of two- to 10-night domestic sailings visiting some of the country’s most famous cities and regions. The ship will offer guests a raft of short breaks and voyages, with 24 sailings from Sydney visiting ports such as Eden, Hobart, Adelaide, Brisbane, Port Douglas, Kangaroo Island, Airlie Beach, and Cairns. Available to book from tomorrow, guests can also enjoy scenic excursions of the Great Barrier Reef, Willis Island and New South Wales’ South Coast. The new season means Ovation’s current sailings from Sydney from 27 Oct to 10 Apr 2022 have been cancelled, as have Serenade of the Seas’ sailings from Sydney from 24 Oct to 27 Feb 2022. All impacted guests and travel partners will be contacted and advised of their options. Guests will automatically be issued a future cruise credit to the value of 125% of their fare to use on future sailings. However, guests are also able to opt for a full refund, or to lift & shift to an applicable summer 2022-2023 sailing, if preferred. “We continue to encourage and assist federal and state governments to establish a clear pathway for the return of cruising, and hope that by Dec we will have guests holidaying with us once again,” said RCI Vice President & Managing Director Australia & New Zealand Gavin Smith (pictured). “While Sydney manages its ongoing lockdown, several factors make us hopeful that domestic cruising will return this summer, from rapid advances in COVID-19 research, technology and an emphasis on swift vaccine distribution.” 

Source Cruise Weekly 04 August 2021

10 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

And this is what I feel is the most galling.  The announcement regarding the new start dates was prefaced with this line:

This announcement is long-awaited — and we couldn’t be more thrilled.

Thrilled?   You just disrupted the travel plans of so many people, many of whom are loyal RCCL cruisers and you're THRILLED!!

Sad,

I agree, we've had about 8 cancelled, we showed loyalty and took the FCC's for when things restarting, I completely understand that things are cancelled due to the pandemic but it's annoying when they then cancel and rearrange cruises just to suit themselves with no thought to the millions of customers who left their money with them in the bad times.   This won't stop me cruising but with this and all the other changes it has made me look at other lines, in fact after 35 RC cruises we are trying our first MSC cruise in a few weeks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, little britain said:

That’s my b2b on Voyager gone as she’s now starting from Copenhagen.

Good way to stop people getting all those double points! 😩

The two are unrelated.  If they wanted to stop the double points they would just end the program.