Updated FAQ - Covid Test Required eff 8/15

Stevanb

1 hour ago, hunt182644 said:

Doing a s to s from Fort Lauderdale leave a princess ship Dec. 4 board a Holland ship Dec 5th. The way it stands now we will need a test to board Holland. I am aware of the CVS and various clinics in FLL where one can receive a rapid test. What I would like to know if any one else has encountered this and if one could get tested on Princess before leaving the ship to satisfy the three day rule for Holland. I am waiting to contact both cruise lines at the moment, as this may be a moot point by the end of Oct. If you can give a definite answer it will be appreciated, I am not looking for guesses or speculation. Not to sound snarky but it sometimes seems like some like to reply to a post with useless info so as to up their number of post's, thank you.

We're doing pretty much the same thing except on a tighter schedule.  Getting off the regal Dec 4th, then going across the port to get on the Sky the same day.  I'm waiting on a call back from  princess to discuss the ever changing testing requirements. More than likely we'll change bookings to make it a back to back instead of a side to side. Good luck on your quest!

2 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

Doing a s to s from Fort Lauderdale leave a princess ship Dec. 4 board a Holland ship Dec 5th. The way it stands now we will need a test to board Holland. I am aware of the CVS and various clinics in FLL where one can receive a rapid test. What I would like to know if any one else has encountered this and if one could get tested on Princess before leaving the ship to satisfy the three day rule for Holland. I am waiting to contact both cruise lines at the moment, as this may be a moot point by the end of Oct. If you can give a definite answer it will be appreciated, I am not looking for guesses or speculation. Not to sound snarky but it sometimes seems like some like to reply to a post with useless info so as to up their number of post's, thank you.

The problem is that no one here can give a definitive answer right now because what you want to do is not being done currently since Princess doesn't have any ships sailing right now from Florida. The people who are doing back-to-back cruises on the Majestic Princess reported being tested on the ship at the end of their first cruise before being allowed to stay on for their second cruise. 

And if people really care about upping their number of posts, they can go over to the Floataway Lounge

54 minutes ago, station10fd said:

We're doing pretty much the same thing except on a tighter schedule.  Getting off the regal Dec 4th, then going across the port to get on the Sky the same day.  I'm waiting on a call back from  princess to discuss the ever changing testing requirements. More than likely we'll change bookings to make it a back to back instead of a side to side. Good luck on your quest!

When you hear back from Princess would you post a reply, thanks.

• Like 1

Now that a third booster is in the works, is there anyone out there that has taken the 2 shots from 2 different states?  How is that registered?  Were you able to get a digital vaccination passport when you both shots were given from 2 different states?  I'm thinking third booster but will be out of my home state when available.

Does anyone know if taking a vaccine within 2 weeks of a COVID test would make the test positive?

Rapidly changing information.  I can't keep up with everything.  WHEW.

31 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Now that a third booster is in the works, is there anyone out there that has taken the 2 shots from 2 different states?  How is that registered?  Were you able to get a digital vaccination passport when you both shots were given from 2 different states?  I'm thinking third booster but will be out of my home state when available.

Does anyone know if taking a vaccine within 2 weeks of a COVID test would make the test positive?

Rapidly changing information.  I can't keep up with everything.  WHEW.

I was worried about testing positive after my vaccine but I was told that I wouldn’t. I did in fact test within the 2 week period and it was negative.

From The CDC (magnetic..my favorite one 🤣🤣)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html?s_cid=11422:will the covid-19 vaccine cause me to test positive:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY21

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, station10fd said:

Since you are going from Princess ship to Princess ship, I expect Princess will be willing to perform the test near the end of the first cruise.

Not sure what Princess would do if the test is for another cruise line.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Since you are going from Princess ship to Princess ship, I expect Princess will be willing to perform the test near the end of the first cruise.

Not sure what Princess would do if the test is for another cruise line.

I'd be thrilled if Princess were willing to test for another line, I'd gladly pay for it. 

We will disembark from the Majestic on a Friday, then board the Celebrity Millenium on Sunday. The last two days of the Princess cruise are sea days, so we can't just go get a test in a port of call. 
I've made an appointment for a PCR test with Kaiser (4 1/2 hours on the phone getting all that set up). I am concerned about the results being back in time, especially over a weekend. As of my last check a couple of days ago, there are no rapid antigen testing sites anywhere near downtown. 

I'm probably going to order the video call medically observed home testing kits as a backup. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Same here, online reservations for tomorrow or the next day only. Has anybody taken the the Rapid Diagnostic (ID-NOW) at a Walgreens? Not sure, if this is a rapid PCR or Antigen test? If so how was it for return of results speed.

I took the ID-NOW rapid test for Hawaii.  I would think Princess would accept this.  My friend has sailed twice with Celebrity and both times he got the ID-NOW at Walgreens and it was accepted by Celebrity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I took the ID-NOW rapid test for Hawaii.  I would think Princess would accept this.  My friend has sailed twice with Celebrity and both times he got the ID-NOW at Walgreens and it was accepted by Celebrity. 

My husband and I have the covid test at 11am and that is the kind we are getting at Walgreens. I sure hope it's acceptable. I am taking the print out from Princess to the appt to make sure. I guess I'll find out in a couple hours!!😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P.A. said:

My husband and I have the covid test at 11am and that is the kind we are getting at Walgreens. I sure hope it's acceptable. I am taking the print out from Princess to the appt to make sure. I guess I'll find out in a couple hours!!😬

Please let us know what they say.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:48 AM, P.A. said:

Good Luck,  you should get results back in 30-45 min

I got the ID now test at Walgreens last week.  My appointment was at 3 pm,  was tested at 4.00 pm.   So be prepared for a wait.  Results available about 4 hours later. Hopefully  Your experience will vary,  just wanted you to consider these variables.   Have a great trip! 

I had my test Thursday afternoon at CVS. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I received a phone call about an hour later letting me know it was negative. CVS texted me a link about 2 hours after my test. I've printed out the results to take with me tomorrow to Seattle.

At the CVS I went to, they had a small trailer set up beside the store. The nurse was in one half of the trailer, and I was in the other half. There was a wall of plexiglass between us with a little window for her to pass me the testing swab. I was able to make my appointment 13 days before my test.

• Like 2

My wife and I had our COVID test on Thursday at 12:45. She got her results back late last night, Friday night. I'm still waiting for mine. I ended up having to call Sound Mobile Diagnostics  https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/ and had him come to my house and give me the test. If your in the Seattle area and you need a test.

1 hour ago, Eaglecw said:

My wife and I had our COVID test on Thursday at 12:45. She got her results back late last night, Friday night. I'm still waiting for mine. I ended up having to call Sound Mobile Diagnostics  https://soundmobilediagnostics.com/ and had him come to my house and give me the test. If your in the Seattle area and you need a test.

What a great service.  I can only imagine the cost (no need to state).  I can see that this may be a profitable sideline for health professionals.  Did you ever get your initial results?

49 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

Can you verify where you got that info.The Princess site says that the testing is not required after 10/31.

I believe the August 21 guidance the other poster referenced has now been superseded by the new update yesterday and that testing will not be required after 31 October. The free Princess testing at Quest Diagnostics would presumably be for testing up until then. This is great news, and if I'm not mistaken, the same Princess update yesterday also eliminates the mask requirement after 31 October as well.

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I believe the August 21 guidance the other poster referenced has now been superseded by the new update yesterday and that testing will not be required after 31 October. The free Princess testing at Quest Diagnostics would presumably be for testing up until then. This is great news, and if I'm not mistaken, the same Princess update yesterday also eliminates the mask requirement after 31 October as well.

Subject to change anytime between now and Oct. 31.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1