All Foreign Nationals coming into the United States will have to be fully vaccinated.

Robjame

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Is that what this is all about - changing someone’s mind?

And here I thought this forum was about the exchange of information, ideas and opinions - without the need to engage in ad hominem attacks.

Well, it certainly appeared to me that @broberts was trying to change tour mind in this. 

As for CC, this place is 99% opinion, 1% information. Ok, OK,  maybe it's just 90% opinion and 10% information. If someone asks about tipping on here, there are 10+ pages of opinions about Euro tipping vs. North American tipping. Is someone asks if their cruise line offers Covid testing for international travel, you would get  pages of opinions on why luxury cruise lines are better than mass market cruise lines (there was a recent one which do just that). And if someone asked what 2 + 2 equaled, we would probably get pages and pages of opinions about what the right answer was, and a few more pages about why luxury cruise lines are better than mass market cruise lines because the calculation would be included in the cruise fare. 😉

This place is all about opinions. That's the beauty and the curse of the place. 

Edited by DirtyDawg

America should do what is best for America.  I do not think that it has to match Canadian requirements or the requirements of any other country.

Just as Canada has done what is best for Canada. 

Just think back...there is a very valid reason why Canada instituted it's ban on cruise ships and extended same past the current summer into November.  Could it be that our Federal health experts were expecting a fourth covid wave, were not certain what the impact would be, and decide to err on the side of caution (fortunately)

Look at the stats.  As of today 70 percent of our 12 and over pop are fully vaccinated.   Deaths per million population are approximately 37 percent of the US numbers.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, MaddyandMax said:

Not that ANY person should be judging why someone would vote the way they do... It's no one business but my own and I don't appreciate being scalded for it.  There is a block button.  I am a grown adult who can make my own educated decisions and if I'm mad about the dilemma I am now in, that's my prerogative.  Would I change my vote solely on this? Absolutely not.  Will it factor into my decision?  ABSOLUTELY.  Especially when here in Ontario they made it seem like it was dire to go out and get the first dose of whatever you can get.  If I have waited 2-3 weeks I could have got a second dose of Pfizer and wouldn't be in this predicament.  They didn't want Moderna doses to go to waste so they did what they had to.  Do I think it was the wrong decision?  No.  Do I wish we had been given more information so I could have made a better informed decision? Yes.  I would have waited knowing about this trip and that for my own personal family reasons I probably cannot move it to a future date.  Plus the fact that there are people booked on this cruise that may not be here next October to take the trip with me.  The 2-3 weeks wouldn't have made a difference.  I have a 9 year old who is obviously not vaccinated so I am already "sheltering in place" for lack of a better word.  I haven't even grocery shopped the entire pandemic and do everything online.  My husband and I work from home right now and my kids were/are on summer break.  So my family waiting a few weeks would not have affected anything, we would have not made anyone else sick.  But that information was not given to us.  People were shamed for walking out of appointments.  We didn't want to be like them, we wanted to do the right thing and protect others.

So, if you don't like who and why I vote for someone, please move on.  We shouldn't be shaming others, especially other Canadians, for our frustrations.  You are welcome to read my other posts in other forums on here.  I have ALWAYS said the Canadian government did the right thing.  That doesn't mean I can't be frustrated and upset over the situation.

@MStarky - I will not be voting Conservative.  I'm a woman, that's reason enough to say away from that party (in my humble opinion and I would NEVER judge anyone for the way they vote).  Don't count the NDP's out.  Jagmeet has quite a following with the younger crowd on social media.  It will be an interesting election 🙂

My husband and I are in the same situation you are in and for the same reasons. We are retired with some health issues and don't know how long we can continue to travel. We just lost 2yrs because of the pandemic but it frustrates us to loose more because we were told to get vaccinated sooner because of our age and health situation and by doing this we ended up getting the 2 different AZ.

Its no ones business who we vote for but one thing we can do is write to him regarding our frustration of being penalized from travelling because we did the right thing. If he gets to hear about this by many citizens, before the election, it might get him to hurry things up. I think it's worth a try.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LouCoop said:

My husband and I are in the same situation you are in and for the same reasons. We are retired with some health issues and don't know how long we can continue to travel. We just lost 2yrs because of the pandemic but it frustrates us to loose more because we were told to get vaccinated sooner because of our age and health situation and by doing this we ended up getting the 2 different AZ.

Its no ones business who we vote for but one thing we can do is write to him regarding our frustration of being penalized from travelling because we did the right thing. If he gets to hear about this by many citizens, before the election, it might get him to hurry things up. I think it's worth a try.

It is good to express your opinion on what happened.   I did the same.   The more people that write, the greater the chance something will happen.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LouCoop said:

I'm curious, if you had known the current situation when you decided to take the vaccination advice, would you have risked your lives for the opportunity to travel this year rather than next? And it would be a serious risk given your age group and and the health issues mentioned. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LouCoop said:

... We just lost 2yrs because of the pandemic but it frustrates us to loose more because we were told to get vaccinated sooner because of our age and health situation and by doing this we ended up getting the 2 different AZ....

I think two AZ doses is acceptable. (I feel I have said that a few times already).

6 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I think two AZ doses is acceptable. (I feel I have said that a few times already).

But 2 different AZ might not be; I don't know whether the US recognizes Covishield (the Indian produced AZ).

23 hours ago, broberts said:

I'm curious, if you had known the current situation when you decided to take the vaccination advice, would you have risked your lives for the opportunity to travel this year rather than next? And it would be a serious risk given your age group and and the health issues mentioned. 

We were booked for pfizer at the end of April but the government got extra dozes of AZ and because of our age told us it would be better to move up our date to be vaccinated in March. They also told us this vaccine was safe for us and it was better to be vaccinated sooner than later. Its only much later we found out that because of this we could not travel, if we would have known we probably would have waited because at that time we didn't go out much, only for groceries and pharmacy.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, gnome12 said:

But 2 different AZ might not be; I don't know whether the US recognizes Covishield (the Indian produced AZ).

Exactly, the US and many other countries do not recognize Covishield as of now.

• Like 1