The Daily for Thursday August 05, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon, all! A salute to underwear, the foundation of all things. I love oysters but haven’t had any for a while. The meal sounds good, but the recipe page says I have to be a member to read it, so back to oysters we go! I am familiar with, and a fan of, today’s wine. I am not familiar with today’s port, and appreciate the pictures.

Our niece came over yesterday evening to stay the night and visit for the day. We had a great visit, and she just left to join our nephew (her DH) on the mainland.

I now have a new load of apricots in the dehydrator, after a successful first load. @StLouisCruisers I’m so sorry your missing the graduation, but taking the high road is the best course of action. @smitty34877 there is no such thing as too,any pictures of Miss Camilla! I’m so sorry Tana is back in the hospital again, and no visitors allowed.

Happy Thursday, especially to @aliaschief about to sail off aboard a BHB!

34DDEF7B-FF59-4DF8-A3F9-D60C75D07B58.thumb.jpeg.b1ac7a1799de298b9304d7083f63d98a.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

How awful about the flight that seems to have gone down.  For me, it brings back the horrifying memory of DD's boyfriend who was killed in Alaska, flying out of Juneau in a small plane.  It took days to find him and his passenger (this was not during cruise season).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The captain just announced that the float plane had five guests and pilot are missing.   Care crew has been activated.  Departure has been delayed.  

Thanks for updating!  Praying for a good outcome!  So sad!  😢

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good afternoon, all! A salute to underwear, the foundation of all things. I love oysters but haven’t had any for a while. The meal sounds good, but the recipe page says I have to be a member to read it, so back to oysters we go! 

It sure does say that.  And it sure didn't this morning.  Try this:  https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Bacon-Harvest-Chicken-Skillet-Delish

• Like 5

6 hours ago, bobpatj said:

I haven’t had much time to get to the Daily for a while.  We arrived in Seattle on Monday afternoon and have been enjoying our days with our son and family.  Our daughter and son-in-law arrived last night.  Our 60th Anniversary is today, and will celebrate in our son’s backyard, with the addition of our nephew and his wife! The weather is perfect. Hoping all works out for our cruise on Saturday.  So far, we’ll still be onboard.

Congratulations on your 60th Anniversary.

• Like 5

Good evening everyone. Today was a long day. DM had two doctor appointments and we went to lunch afterward and I didn’t get home until 2:30. I haven’t read the Daily yet. 

I just started reading CC and saw the sad news about the plane in Ketchikan. Very sad. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Crazy For Cats said:

The captain just announced that HAL shore side team will help the families make arrangements.  We will be leaving shortly.   We are expected to arrive in Seattle on schedule. 

Just heartbreaking.  I can’t begin to imagine the vibe onboard. 

Smooth Sailing. 

• Like 4

Thanks for the daily news, and photos of the today's port.

Rich, thank you for mentioning a New Zealand wine, usually order the Cloudy Bay when on board a BHB.  Sorry you have cancelled your cruise.

A well trained sheep dog is a very hard worker, an asset for the farmer.

@aliaschiefgreat upgrade, enjoy the Neptune.  

@ger_77hope your friend is doing well after the surgery.

@cunnorlCongratulations on your 43rd Anniversary.

@mamaofamisuch good news of Sam.

@NextOne sorry to read of the problem with your DDIL Best wishes for quick treatment.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc - New Zealand

All released vintages of this wine have excellent ratings. In fact the 2019 and 2020 vintages are so neck & neck rating and price wise - pick up the one you find locally. You might even find it for less than the $23.97 price ai found on line. I have had this lovely wine, and I may even have a bottle in my “cellar”.  I chose the 2019 vintage for the reviews, because that came up first. 

This is on tonight’s Gala dinner on my Navigator App. Since our cruise is so soon the daily MDR menu shows. But I’ll have to pay for it, it’s over the SBP price. 
1BCD441E-06D9-49A7-90A7-4A5C0267D796.thumb.png.6f4544e9b1e44ac46298168dc3d7e919.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1