At what time can I feel confident that my 2021 cruise will actually sail?

swdke

Booked a cruise in November 2021.  I realized when I paid my deposit that the cruise could end up being canceled.  And, I see that some 2021 cruises have been canceled.  Sailing on the Jewel of the Seas which is currently sailing in Greece.  At what point would you feel confident that the Jewel will actually sail out of Miami in November?  Just curious.  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When you sail away from the pier, maybe.

That sums it up nicely.  They cancelled our January Radiance cruise and we're happy.  Now we can get back that non-refundable deposit.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

I would say if you can check-in and then after a negative covid test being shown at the pier. 

IMHO any ships that were not part of the initial  restart, were not going to sail. As far as port changes, that is to be expected and just because that happens doesn't mean ships won't sail. I have also known that protocols and restrictions would be here and here for a while. 

15 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I believe there will be cruising but the protocols will become more strict and prohibitive. 

Nah its going to lessen. Delta variant has all but disappeared in uk already. Its a blip in time.

just one source. Many to choose from if you dont like this one.

https://fortune.com/2021/08/03/covid-delta-variant-wave-uk-have-already-receded-us/

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rtazz17 said:

Nah its going to lessen. Delta variant has all but disappeared in uk already. Its a blip in time.

Although I hope you're right I don't believe you are. Time will tell though now won't it?

btw, I'm speaking strictly about cruise ship protocols. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Although I hope you're right I don't believe you are. Time will tell though now won't it?

btw, I'm speaking strictly about cruise ship protocols. 

Oh I know. They cant get much more restrictive unless nobody is allowed on. Its already masks and testing for everyone. It will pass. This isnt forever 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

https://fortune.com/2021/08/03/covid-delta-variant-wave-uk-have-already-receded-us/

Not to be a party pooper. The daily for last two days is back up to 25k in the UK. Google it. Just saying,, 

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I believe there will be cruising but the protocols will become more strict and prohibitive. 

Oh there will be cruising. The question is which ship and itinerary will be the lucky one to actually sail?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Took India 3 months to return to their normal daily count. UK didn’t happen over night. It will drop, but both countries took protective measures.  It is all a wait and see for the US. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swdke said:

At what point would you feel confident that the Jewel will actually sail out of Miami in November?  Just curious.  Thanks!

We have a cruise out of Miami on Symphony early October.  Although I have learned that you never know for sure, I feel confident that RC will try all it can to make it happen.  I am looking forward to the cruise and considering to add a booking for a December Galveston cruise.

2 hours ago, sunbrookgal said:

Not to be a party pooper. The daily for last two days is back up to 25k in the UK. Google it. Just saying,, 

31,808 here in the UK today.