How to contact the Maitre 'D on Mardi Gras

jordanaire

That is not the only way , but yeah they should do what you suggested.

Or wait till they board then walk to the place and speak to them directly

1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

Post your request to John Heald's Facebook page 4 days before your cruise and he will forward.

That is the only way to contact Maitre Ds.

• Like 2

Just a heads up….

Carnival has added another layer of notification to their email system.

It alerts the Maitre d etc that the email is from an EXTERNAL source , so it can go straight to their junk file if that is how they elect to handle their non-corporate communications .

1 hour ago, LHP said:

Just a heads up….

Carnival has added another layer of notification to their email system.

It alerts the Maitre d etc that the email is from an EXTERNAL source , so it can go straight to their junk file if that is how they elect to handle their non-corporate communications .

A lot of corporations are doing this due to phishing attacks. 

But, it again should be noted that Carnival does request that passengers NOT email the Maitre D. It is not part of their job to respond to guest emails. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

But, it again should be noted that Carnival does request that passengers NOT email the Maitre D. It is not part of their job to respond to guest emails. 

There's nothing that can't be handled once onboard, just like every other cruiseline.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 12:39 PM, jordanaire said:

Does anyone know how to contact the Maitre 'D on the Mardi Gras? Thanks 

Not sure of the initials of the Mardi Gras probably mg.

For Horizon it is hzmaitred@carnival.com.

So possibly mgmaitred@carnival.com

• 5 months later...
57 minutes ago, OSUKNIGHT said:

Can anyone confirm the Mardi Gras maitre d email address?  I have emailed them in the past and had good results.  

Mardi Gras is named to honor the original Mardi Gras, which was MG. The new Mardi Gras is MD.

Celebration was CE, the new Celebration will be CB. 

As posted above, Carnival requests guests not email.

So many Maitre D's on Mardi Gras... did anyone else have a less than stellar performance from the Matire D' at Rudi's Sea Grill?  He's hard to forget, dressed like he was in that old pseudo-punk band Cheap Trick.  Every time he answered a question he would snap his head away quickly, as if he was "done with you".  Snappy dresser if you like checkerboard jeans.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:18 AM, 1025cruise said:

That's exactly what the external sender alert is for. The emails being sent from outside the organization aren't being redirected elsewhere. There is a valid reason for external senders to reach out whether it's something related to their food service supplier or any various other vendor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

That's exactly what the external sender alert is for. The emails being sent from outside the organization aren't being redirected elsewhere. There is a valid reason for external senders to reach out whether it's something related to their food service supplier or any various other vendor.

Easy enough to block emails from invalid senders and you don't even need to know what you are doing. Personally, I might just bounce them leaving it up to the sender to wonder what happened?

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Which means someone posted it to him

Yep, they sure did.  

We tried contacting the Maitre 'D after boarding one time and were told that it wasn't possible to change our seating.  In our case my wife has 75% hearing loss and is very self conscious about not being able to join in much of the conversation with table mates so I thought I'd try to get us a table for two.

I saw where Heald said to contact him ahead of time for such requests so I might just give it a try next time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Yep, they sure did.  

We tried contacting the Maitre 'D after boarding one time and were told that it wasn't possible to change our seating.  In our case my wife has 75% hearing loss and is very self conscious about not being able to join in much of the conversation with table mates so I thought I'd try to get us a table for two.

I saw where Heald said to contact him ahead of time for such requests so I might just give it a try next time.

Never had a problem getting a table for two in the MDR for dinner. NEVER (20 cruises with Carnival).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Never had a problem getting a table for two in the MDR for dinner. NEVER (20 cruises with Carnival).

I don't think a table for two is a problem these days. But a table for two by a window when there may be none to begin with? Where you aren't sitting in the lap of the table next to you? and a private serenade by bagpipes nightly?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Did you need to go see the Maitre 'D as soon as you boarded? 

Booking Your Time Dining and using the app you can request to seat alone right in the app every night. When we get to the table and we don't like it for whatever reason we asked to be seated elsewhere. And they accommodate us, never an issue.  Even with Early or Late Set Dining as you suggest just go see the Maitre D' when on board and make whatever request you have. . 

• Like 1

Here is what John Heald himself said:

Name :R----
Message: An experienced cruiser posted back to me on Cruise Critic posted that we must email you if we need a table for 2. They also said not to that I should escalate to your email if the request isn't acknowledged and confirmed within 6 hours. I have not heard back from the maître D on Carnival Radiance. Here are my details for the reservation as we must have a private table on early seating. Lots of people saying they are not getting their first choice request
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks “ R” and I am not sure who has said this but I am glad you let me know so I can set the record straight, 6 hours, ummmm, OK . The reservation system is complicated enough for the Maitre D without many extra emails from guests asking for various things. And I should point out that the email system at Carnival will most likely send those emails to the junk folder if not recognised. I will always try and help with dinning reservations and ask that they be sent to me 5 days before the cruise. I cannot promise but I will always do my best. So again, please don’t email the Maitre D .
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Lol, it's been a while.

@jimbo5544

It is true, guests should NOT be contacting Maitre’D directly.  While I have seen the methodology for contact post here from time to time, the system is as John suggests complicated.  Dining rooms, some of which are mixed (assigned and MTD) and increasing number if loyalty that get guaranteed dining reservations make it difficult.  Even as a TA working with group department, we are not supposed to contact the ship directly for table assignments.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't think a table for two is a problem these days. But a table for two by a window when there may be none to begin with? Where you aren't sitting in the lap of the table next to you? and a private serenade by bagpipes nightly?

Totally agree that there are not many (I cannot remember any ship) that has 2 tops next to windows.  There is a reason for that. 

• Like 1