Delta (Air not variant) Cancelled My Flight

New flight from FLL the morning after my cruise leaves at 10:17am    I never leave that early......    and no, I'm not walking off with my luggage. 

Do able or should I fight them for a refund?

just call the airline and tell them you will be getting off a cruise and you need a later flight?!  I have done that many times when there were time changes on nonrefundable tickets.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dasi11 said:

just call the airline and tell them you will be getting off a cruise and you need a later flight?!  I have done that many times when there were time changes on nonrefundable tickets.

I've looked --- for what I need there really aren't any other options that work.  I'm waiting for them to come on the line now.   I'm going to have to switch airlines. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well that sucks Wayne. 10:17 would make me extremely nervous.

I agree  --- there's just no way i could swing that, even with the terminal across the street. 

This is going to be fun.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

New flight from FLL the morning after my cruise leaves at 10:17am    I never leave that early......    and no, I'm not walking off with my luggage. 

Refundable tickets? We've experienced the same. But I was able to find later flights that worked for us and Delta rebooked for us. Usually a lot more than what I originally paid, but that's all on Delta. Good luck. 🤞

Edited by davekathy

Guess I better be checking our flights today.  Lots of changes, just looked, but my flight out of MCO still leaves at 11:05am, plan on being there by at least 9:30 off Allure.  Self debark.  We have friends dropping us off at MCO, I thought we'd be getting off around 7:30 or 8:00, allowing an hr to get to MCO.

25 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Guess I better be checking our flights today.  Lots of changes, just looked, but my flight out of MCO still leaves at 11:05am, plan on being there by at least 9:30 off Allure.  Self debark.  We have friends dropping us off at MCO, I thought we'd be getting off around 7:30 or 8:00, allowing an hr to get to MCO.

Is this your first time experiencing the "joy" that is TSA in Orlando?  Even Precheck at THAT airport is horrid.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Delta, love the Flights but 90% change times or Cancel/Combine Flights. This before CV. Multiple times paid extra to get choice time leaves, then later canceled and assigned the original cheaper flight at time didnt want

@RCCL Fan How much later was your original flight? Is staying overnight an option? Or is going out of Miami an option? Maybe you could do an Everglades excursion that returns to the Miami airport....if there are any (I know Celebrity has one offered for our cruise out of Ft L).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Pre-pandemic I would say yes,  The ship usually docks by 6AM and if you get the early tags you make with plenty of spare time.  The terminal is only about 10 minutes form the dock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Refundable tickets? We've experienced the same. But I was able to find later flights that worked for us and Delta rebooked for us. Usually a lot more than what I originally paid, but that's all on Delta. Good luck. 🤞

Yeah ours a bit more complicated....  we're taking my niece on the cruise with us.  She's in Atlanta,  we're in Dallas.  So we need to connect in Atlanta to drop her off to her parents at the airport post cruise, before we connect and head to Dallas. 

We also upgraded and there aren't 5 seats up front (for all of us)  on any of the flights the rest of the day.  So we'd have to downgrade.   

It's also the holidays and so flights the next day are even worse....

It's a mess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kearney said:

Perhaps this isn't an option... but have you considered spending a few days in Florida on the back end of your cruise... flying ... like cruising ... seems to be going through hard times.

kids in school --- not an option --- gotta get back for finals.

9 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Yeah ours a bit more complicated....  we're taking my niece on the cruise with us.  She's in Atlanta,  we're in Dallas.  So we need to connect in Atlanta to drop her off to her parents at the airport post cruise, before we connect and head to Dallas. 

We also upgraded and there aren't 5 seats up front (for all of us)  on any of the flights the rest of the day.  So we'd have to downgrade.   

It's a mess. 

I have an Allure cruise on Jan 22 from FLL and originally I booked an 8AM flight from Newark airport and a 10:30AM  leaving FLL.  Of course without any notice, UAL replaced the segments with a 9 and 11:30 respectively.  I have one opportunity to be able to change to different flights without a charge.

In mind, I'm thinking of a 7AM and they also added a 10AM leaving FLL.  I'm tempted for teh 10AM, but looking for feedback as cruising opens up.  I'm so sure that I can make the 10AM as I've done it many times before, but.   I also, have Global Entry that provides shorter Custom Lines.

Also, keep in mind there will be less passengers but offsetting is not knowing if Customs will be at full force,

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, LadyShiva said:

Is this your first time experiencing the "joy" that is TSA in Orlando

Actually yes, a first.  WE used to fly into Melbourne Airport for Canaveral cruises, much smaller almost nobody there.  But this time our friends dropping us off are headed back to Tampa, so MCO was the only choice....hope I have allowed enough time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Delta, love the Flights but 90% change times or Cancel/Combine Flights. This before CV. Multiple times paid extra to get choice time leaves, then later canceled and assigned the original cheaper flight at time didnt want

Yes, constant changing, but we fly on Amex points and Delta is only choice.  Used to be Continental, but Amex changed it years ago and now it's D.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I have an Allure cruise on Jan 22 from FLL and originally I booked an 8AM flight from Newark airport and a 10:30AM  leaving FLL.  Of course without any notice, UAL replaced the segments with a 9 and 11:30 respectively.  I have one opportunity to be able to change to different flights without a charge.

In mind, I'm thinking of a 7AM and they also added a 10AM leaving FLL.  I'm tempted for teh 10AM, but looking for feedback as cruising opens up.  I'm so sure that I can make the 10AM as I've done it many times before, but.   I also, have Global Entry that provides shorter Custom Lines.

Also, keep in mind there will be less passengers but offsetting is not knowing if Customs will be at full force,

FLL is usually easy process to get there and check in, TSA, etc. but there are so many variables that I personally would not feel comfortable with a 10 am flight.     After a nice relaxing cruise I never like that have to rush around feeling on disembarkment day.   

THere's never a fee to change flights with Delta if THEY changed the schedule on you.  If it gets to be problematic, I could change without penalty right this minute.  They send you a schedule change with segments checked if different and a notice that they will switch flights if need be.  The latest email has time changes on all 4 segments, so I'm not really worried.  If ya'll don't think I have enough time, I'll change it to a later flight!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

THere's never a fee to change flights with Delta if THEY changed the schedule on you.  If it gets to be problematic, I could change without penalty right this minute.  They send you a schedule change with segments checked if different and a notice that they will switch flights if need be.  The latest email has time changes on all 4 segments, so I'm not really worried.  If ya'll don't think I have enough time, I'll change it to a later flight!

as i mentioned earlier there isn't a later flight with seats in our cabin, that connects in the city i need.

we have a lot of variables  (big party going to different cities) i discussed earlier,  which is why I likely will have to cancel 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

FLL is usually easy process to get there and check in, TSA, etc. but there are so many variables that I personally would not feel comfortable with a 10 am flight.     After a nice relaxing cruise I never like that have to rush around feeling on disembarkment day.   

Agree. Around Vacations/Holidays even week out from Xmas seen line out Door at FLL. On Serenade more then once was after 730am before they started letting walkers off. I waited couple times, had late flight and being one last off left Pier late as 1030 and once at 1045. Funny thing is Newer/Larger Pier took longer then old/small. Yes Oasis Class seemed get threw faster, CV now so who knows...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

It's a mess. 

Is your cruise sailing for December holidays or earlier?     Do you have to decide right now?   I think all the airlines are going to continue to make changes on a regular basis and what you change to now but change again when you get closer to your sail date.