Will the current lockdowns impact the restart of cruising here?

1 minute ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Latest in NZ

• 31 cases
  • 3 in Wellington
  • Lockdown Alert level 4 to continue for the whole country til midnight Tuesday (at least)

Yikes, it moved fast. 

Stay safe.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Latest in NZ

• 31 cases
  • 3 in Wellington
  • Lockdown Alert level 4 to continue for the whole country til midnight Tuesday (at least)

Thanks for the update.

Am I correct in understanding that it is 11 new cases for today and a total of 31 for this outbreak?

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

A member of my camera club returned to NZ about 8 weeks ago to visit her mother. Travel bubble.

When Melbourne went into isolation she decided to ride it our in Auckland.

Now NZ is at level 4 (11 today), so she is in lockdown there, and can’t currently return to Oz.

Oh dear thAt would turn into an expensive holiday if you had to pay for accommodation.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Masks have been mandatory outside in my LGA since July😂. Welcome to the party rest of NSW🥳

We've been wearing them regardless. Outside the house or car the mask is on. 

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, outside the car. I don't like wearing a mask while driving.

I agreed.. glasses tend to fog up in the car.... wearing a mask

but if it is only a quick trip. will leave it on...

like this morning.... essential food supplies ..

Some Spencer Gulf prawns for dinner....lol

We are now right for food till Wednesday....

Don

• Like 1

Just now, getting older slowly said:

I agreed.. glasses tend to fog up in the car.... wearing a mask

but if it is only a quick trip. will leave it on...

like this morning.... essential food supplies ..

Some Spencer Gulf prawns for dinner....lol

We are now right for food till Wednesday....

Don

I usually wait until my first stop to put my mask on, before leaving the car of course. If I have to go to more than one place I just let it dangle off my left ear while driving.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I usually wait until my first stop to put my mask on, before leaving the car of course. If I have to go to more than one place I just let it dangle off my left ear while driving.

I have lost two gold earrings with this mask on and off business so just lea e the damned thing on. Friend of mine lost a hearing aid, asked her why she didn’t notice and she said nobody was talking to her,, I cracked up but-she couldn’t see the funny side,,,,, oh well

Cheers Carole 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

All the important places are within about 2.5km radius.. Dans, Fish Shop and Supermarket... so drive time is minimal.... ( I don't think the car is enjoying all the short trips.. and need servicing one lockdown is over ) 

16 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

All the important places are within about 2.5km radius.. Dans, Fish Shop and Supermarket... so drive time is minimal.... ( I don't think the car is enjoying all the short trips.. and need servicing one lockdown is over ) 

We have a similar problem. I could almost hear my car sighing with delight when we did the big road trip earlier in the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have a similar problem. I could almost hear my car sighing with delight when we did the big road trip earlier in the year.

We currently have three cars in the yard, two have had flat batteries in the last couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I’ve just bought another box.

Will be needing them for some time to come.

I just bought some really nice reusable ones. They just arrived and need to be washed before use. If we like them we'll buy a few more. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I have lost two gold earrings with this mask on and off business so just lea e the damned thing on. Friend of mine lost a hearing aid, asked her why she didn’t notice and she said nobody was talking to her,, I cracked up but-she couldn’t see the funny side,,,,, oh well

Cheers Carole 

The problem I have had with the usual face masks is my hearing aids. I feel for our friend who lost one. Mine cost around $8,000 with no rebate from my private health insurance. I don't want to lose one.

I have solved the problem by making a fabric 'connector' (25mm wide) joining the elastic loops of my mask. This connector has a button and buttonhole in the middle so I don't have to pull it over my head. When I put it on, it sits about level with my hairline at the back of my neck. It is very comfortable and I have no worries about the hearing aids.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The problem I have had with the usual face masks is my hearing aids. I feel for our friend who lost one. Mine cost around $8,000 with no rebate from my private health insurance. I don't want to lose one.

I have solved the problem by making a fabric 'connector' (25mm wide) joining the elastic loops of my mask. This connector has a button and buttonhole in the middle so I don't have to pull it over my head. When I put it on, it sits about level with my hairline at the back of my neck. It is very comfortable and I have no worries about the hearing aids.

I had no idea hearing aids are so expensive.

That would be two cruises!

I only put on my mask when I get out of my car.

Lwe don’t have to wear one outside any more

10 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I had no idea hearing aids are so expensive.

That would be two cruises!

I only put on my mask when I get out of my car.

Lwe don’t have to wear one outside any more

I didn't know they were so expensive either until I needed hearing aids. I got a shock. My first set were $9,900 about 15 years ago. I am not a pensioner so I don't quality for the 'free' ones, but even if I was on a pension, I understand that I would just get a set amount off the aids I need  and these are not the cheaper ones obviously.

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole 

Luckily  she probably  couldn't  hear you anyway

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just bought some really nice reusable ones. They just arrived and need to be washed before use. If we like them we'll buy a few more. 

Yep much prefer the reusable ones - disposable masks will become the next critical overload at rubbish dumps - take forever to break down. Reusable could be recycled into dolls clothes 😆