Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

12 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I saw where someone else used Chat at Princess. I use it often with Amazon, but have never seen the Chat link when I'm logged onto Princess.com. I use Firefox as my browser. I just did a search for "chat" at Princess.com, and it appears that chat is only on the Medallion app; is that what you used?

The Live Chat button appears along the bottom of the Princess home screen - sometimes. Like you, I use Firefox and only occasionally do I see the green Live Chat button. I'm not sure what it is that makes the difference when it actually shows up. I did try it once and got very unsatisfactory results. Others seem to always see the button and some have reported good results from the chat.

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

The Live Chat button appears along the bottom of the Princess home screen - sometimes. Like you, I use Firefox and only occasionally do I see the green Live Chat button. I'm not sure what it is that makes the difference when it actually shows up. I did try it once and got very unsatisfactory results. Others seem to always see the button and some have reported good results from the chat.

I answered this a second ago and pressed Submit, but I think it did not "go". I will try again to thank you.  I need to get into the habit of copying into notepad what I had typed before I press Submit!

Thanks for the help solving the Chat mystery. I log onto Princess.com often and will start checking the bottom for that Chat button.

BTW, your screen name is familiar, just like an old friend who has solved mysteries for many of us before. Thanks for taking the time to help us!😎

Doug

15 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I saw where someone else used Chat at Princess. I use it often with Amazon, but have never seen the Chat link when I'm logged onto Princess.com. I use Firefox as my browser. I just did a search for "chat" at Princess.com, and it appears that chat is only on the Medallion app; is that what you used? I have that on my phone, and have used it to do as much as I can pre-check in, but never noticed the chat link. If that's where the chat is, I will have to check for it more closely; I'd much prefer that to a lengthy phone call! To me it's irritating Princess (and others!) are going more and more to "things" we can only do on those blasted phones; but then I know I am not alone in that irritant!😉

Doug

At the bottom of Princess.com website, you should see this:

image.thumb.png.0d0febfb6fff294121f364724324d6f4.png

Notice the down arrow in the far right bottom corner.  That allows this bar (Share / Chat / Contact Us / Site Feedback to be hidden.  If that is clicked, the word SHOW is displayed in the bottom right corner in place of the down arrow.  Click on that and the bar re-appears.  Could that be why you are not seeing it?

I use CHROME browser 99.9% of time.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

At the bottom of Princess.com website, you should see this:

image.thumb.png.0d0febfb6fff294121f364724324d6f4.png

Notice the down arrow in the far right bottom corner.  That allows this bar (Share / Chat / Contact Us / Site Feedback to be hidden.  If that is clicked, the word SHOW is displayed in the bottom right corner in place of the down arrow.  Click on that and the bar re-appears.  Could that be why you are not seeing it?

I use CHROME browser 99.9% of time.

Thanks for trying to help, but no joy. I even tried an older version of Internet Explorer I have on hand to work with my home security system. That old version is the only browser that works with my system. I could not even log onto Princess.com with that old IE!

Using Firefox, I have what you describe above, including the down/up arrow, but never do I see Chat anywhere. I just tried Princess.com again; no luck. I have gotten into the habit now of logging off Princess.com each time I visit the page hoping that might help. Same with CruiseCritic.....I am tired of typing a long reply or post, clicking Submit, and then nothing happens.

Doug

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for trying to help, but no joy. I even tried an older version of Internet Explorer I have on hand to work with my home security system. That old version is the only browser that works with my system. I could not even log onto Princess.com with that old IE!

Using Firefox, I have what you describe above, including the down/up arrow, but never do I see Chat anywhere. I just tried Princess.com again; no luck. I have gotten into the habit now of logging off Princess.com each time I visit the page hoping that might help. Same with CruiseCritic.....I am tired of typing a long reply or post, clicking Submit, and then nothing happens.

Doug

I don't use MS Edge unless have to for some reason.  Only other thing I can think is to clear Princess.com cookies.

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't use MS Edge unless have to for some reason.  Only other thing I can think is to clear Princess.com cookies.

I don't have edge on the PC I use in my office. If things get really bad I may try that on my laptop which I rarely use. I believe it has Edge on it. 

Don't cookies get cleared when we log off and in a page? Or at least when we reboot the PC? I now log off when I leave Princess.com and log on when I again return to view or reply to a topic. I'm not sure I know how to delete cookies other than that; but I'll do some research; thanks for the suggestion.

Doug

5 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I don't have edge on the PC I use in my office. If things get really bad I may try that on my laptop which I rarely use. I believe it has Edge on it. 

Don't cookies get cleared when we log off and in a page? Or at least when we reboot the PC? I now log off when I leave Princess.com and log on when I again return to view or reply to a topic. I'm not sure I know how to delete cookies other than that; but I'll do some research; thanks for the suggestion.

Doug

Here's more: A few minutes after the above post, I figured out how to delete cookies while at Princess.com, and then logged in again to see if I could find the chat function, or to find the place to order spirits under Princess Cellars. Still no joy. Other data on my cruise is there, such as the excursion I added a few days ago, my cabin number, etc, etc. This is indeed irritating! I'll need to find a day I can spend a coupe of hours on the phone to try to get my spirits ordered for cabin delivery for our cruise. Final payment is about two weeks from today. I don't mind waiting until we're on the ship to order the small bottles for cabin delivery, but there is no guarantee that option will still be available.😥

Doug

Doug

You can adjust settings so that cookies are deleted each time automatically.  Otherwise, they are kept for convenience.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You can adjust settings so that cookies are deleted each time automatically.  Otherwise, they are kept for convenience.

Roger that, but I see no benefit to that since I still cannot find the chat function, etc. No idea why. I need to do testing on my laptop as opposed to the desktop I use 98% of the time, but first I gotta dig it out of the closet! <g>

Doug

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

find the place to order spirits under Princess Cellars. Still no joy.

Doug

The absence of Spirits in Princess Cellars was a long discussion recently. I did not see a resolution. I stopped following the topic. It has nothing to do with Medallion - I just checked a Future Cruise on the Princess website and only see Champagne and Wine in Princess Cellars. Perhaps a question on one of the live threads would help.

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

The absence of Spirits in Princess Cellars was a long discussion recently. I did not see a resolution. I stopped following the topic. It has nothing to do with Medallion - I just checked a Future Cruise on the Princess website and only see Champagne and Wine in Princess Cellars. Perhaps a question on one of the live threads would help.

Been there, done that. Some can order, some cannot. There are several things that cannot be done online; only with the app. I hoped there might be someone here with a solution. "Cast your net widely" and all that. Gonna call when I can find an open morning where I can spend some time with the phone.

Doug

• Like 1

Some can order, some cannot.

Interesting that some can order them - as I said, they do not show on the website and I would not think that pertained to an individual.

I just tried Firefox in case it was Browser / Cookies and Cellars still only shows Wine. In the other thread the person spoke to Princess CSR and they could not understand it.

Edited by Tedferg

18 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Roger that, but I see no benefit to that since I still cannot find the chat function, etc. No idea why. I need to do testing on my laptop as opposed to the desktop I use 98% of the time, but first I gotta dig it out of the closet! <g>

If you have chrome, try opening an incognito window.

That should make your browser very vanilla.

Also, chat is not hosted on princess.com, it is hosted on a vendor website, like this:

https://princesscruises.egain.cloud

If you click that link, you should get an egain splash page.

Maybe you are blocking that as an unrecognized domain?

And, finally, do you allow pop-ups on princess.com?

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

If you have chrome, try opening an incognito window.

That should make your browser very vanilla.

Also, chat is not hosted on princess.com, it is hosted on a vendor website, like this:

https://princesscruises.egain.cloud

If you click that link, you should get an egain splash page.

Maybe you are blocking that as an unrecognized domain?

And, finally, do you allow pop-ups on princess.com?

I clicked the link you kindly supplied, and it opened up that page fine <below> using Firefox. I will have to see if my laptop has Chrome on it. I have Amazon Fire's <tablet> browser on my Fire, I may try that also. But what should I do then; if anything?

As far as I know, I am not blocking pop-ups on any web pages. I "get" pop ups as I navigate through the Princess.com page and never had any difficulty. I never see the "spirits" section under the wines in Princess Cellars. BTW, for many years I DID, as I always order a few bottles prior to sailing on Princess. Several of us on another thread were able to see that spirits section, although some had to wait until 3-4 months prior to the cruise departure. It's about 100 days until our departure. Makes no sense to me since I can order just about anything else (wine, excursions, Wifi, etc).

Doug

Capture.JPG

Edited by PaperSniper4

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I clicked the link you kindly supplied, and it opened up that page fine <below> using Firefox. I will have to see if my laptop has Chrome on it. I have Amazon Fire's <tablet> browser on my Fire, I may try that also.

I have 2 fire tablets:

These were the results:

fire tab 10
=========

silk  green link, chat opens and is available

chrome red link, opens, but chat is  offline

fire tab 7
=======

silk:  green link,  chat opens and is available

chrome: green button, chat opens and is available

Maybe give silk a try on the fire tablet?

18 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I have 2 fire tablets:

These were the results:

fire tab 10
=========

silk  green link, chat opens and is available

chrome red link, opens, but chat is  offline

fire tab 7
=======

silk:  green link,  chat opens and is available

chrome: green button, chat opens and is available

Maybe give silk a try on the fire tablet?

Thanks for posting that. So you must have installed the "work around" at least on the Fire shows "chat" that allows regular Andoid apps to run on Fire tablets? I have not gotten around to doing that yet, looks like I might need to. Seems like we ought to be able to do the same thing with our phone app, but I was not able to find a "chat" link last night when I  tried it. Odd, very odd.......

Assuming you did install the Andoid app/Fire workaround, have you noticed any "oddities" on your tablets? I've got three Fire tablets, all HD10s, generation 9 and newer. I will likely install the workaround on one of them, test it, then take that one on the cruise in lieu of my PC. I must have something (besides my phone) mainly for checking airlines, hotels, etc.

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

Thanks for posting that. So you must have installed the "work around" at least on the Fire shows "chat" that allows regular Andoid apps to run on Fire tablets?

Yes, I have installed the google play store on the two fire tablets.

But, it was the Amazon Silk browser that worked the best with princess chat.

I am suprised that the silk browser doesn't work for you.

Have you updated the apps, and the firetab os?

(which should happen automatically)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G2JXLC4L34GX73TE

The firetab 7 that worked for me is at least a couple years old...

If you wish to install the google play store, and fire tablet, you will find many references to help you out.

I also recently found some instructions to disable the home page ads.

The fire tablets are cheap, and pretty good.  But, not as good as something like

a Samsung Android tablet.   I would be reluctant to have only a firetab with me.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people here who don't want to have to bring

any phone or tablet...

1 minute ago, Roberto256 said:

Yes, I have installed the google play store on the two fire tablets.

But, it was the Amazon Silk browser that worked the best with princess chat.

I am suprised that the silk browser doesn't work for you.

Have you updated the apps, and the firetab os?

(which should happen automatically)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G2JXLC4L34GX73TE

The firetab 7 that worked for me is at least a couple years old...

If you wish to install the google play store, and fire tablet, you will find many references to help you out.

I also recently found some instructions to disable the home page ads.

The fire tablets are cheap, and pretty good.  But, not as good as something like

a Samsung Android tablet.   I would be reluctant to have only a firetab with me.

On the other hand, there are plenty of people here who don't want to have to bring

any phone or tablet...

Between the Fire tablet and my phone, I figure I'm okay with checking airlines and hotels. There's nothing else I HAVE to do with electronic devices. So I figure the risk of both of those being unavailable for some reason is pretty remote.

My mistake....you mentioned tablet and I thought about the app, not the Silk browser. I'll check that out later today, thanks very much for the clarification.

Ah, the old days when we didn't have to think about having a phone, tablet or laptop on a cruise! Some good there, some bad. How did we ever do that 30 years ago? Somehow we enjoyed ourselves on the cruises!😎

Doug

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

My mistake....you mentioned tablet and I thought about the app, not the Silk browser. I'll check that out later today, thanks very much for the clarification.

Princess Chat ... Amazon Silk Browser on Firetab 10.

I supposed the only thing 'special' ... I had never accessed princess.com on this tablet,

nor have I ever logged in.

And, I was not logged in when I opened chat.

image.thumb.png.1781034dad7d6b25bc2b170315e64f1f.png

15 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Princess Chat ... Amazon Silk Browser on Firetab 10.

I supposed the only thing 'special' ... I had never accessed princess.com on this tablet,

nor have I ever logged in.

And, I was not logged in when I opened chat.

15 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Thanks. I tried that last night myself, and yep, I got to the same place! Finally, chat shows up somewhere for me! Finally! However, I did not bother to go any farther than you did as I didn't have my questions in front on me at the time. I will give that a go later today. BTW, the Fire I used was my oldest Fire HD 10, a gen 9. I'll try it later if I remember on my gen 11, as that's the one I'll be taking on the cruise in February....at least that's the plan.

Thanks. I tried that last night myself, and yep, I got to the same place! Finally, chat shows up somewhere for me! Finally! However, I did not bother to go any farther than you did as I didn't have my questions in front on me at the time. I will give that a go later today. BTW, the Fire I used was my oldest Fire HD 10, a gen 9. I'll try it later if I remember on my gen 11, as that's the one I'll be taking on the cruise in February....at least that's the plan.

I am glad that something finally works for you.

The screenshot was from a Fire HD 10 (11th Generation) ... which I bought during prime days last summer.

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping, and I take an ambien.   This can result in eating things I don't remember, etc.

I was looking at the tablet, and had it in my cart.   It was 50% off, but I was still undecided...

The next morning, after an ambien, it was on it's way!  🙂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

The screenshot was from a Fire HD 10 (11th Generation) ... which I bought during prime days last summer.

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping, and I take an ambien.   This can result in eating things I don't remember, etc.

I was looking at the tablet, and had it in my cart.   It was 50% off, but I was still undecided...

Remember what they say: Just say no to drugs! 😄

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

My Mom used to get up and clean the bathroom on Ambien!