Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

On 8/2/2022 at 4:58 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

We were in a suite on a 5 day and got specialty dining with no charge.

As my credit card billing cycle had ended, I went through with the SD reservation and as expected, it charged my credit card. In the App I can see my reservation, but I still get a message across to top stating that I have a dining credit. 

I was going to use the credit to book a SD table for 9:10PM on the overnight stop in Cabo as we are on a sun set sail excursion and will probably miss the MDR opening times. If I had to pay, I would prefer Sterling rather than Sabatini’s, so will probably cancel my reservation for a refund.

For those that wanted to know the dining selections for their cruise, I doubt whether you could see them before the cruise? But as soon as you get on the ship you previously could go to the service desk and ask to look at the menus- not sure that’s still available.

What I find really bizarre is I’m traveling solo and the only way you can reserve with a request to share is if you choose a dining time of 6:20 or earlier.   I previously had always done late traditional which would be later.

7 hours ago, Cruise2End said:

What I find really bizarre is I’m traveling solo and the only way you can reserve with a request to share is if you choose a dining time of 6:20 or earlier.   I previously had always done late traditional which would be later.

I would think if you tend to dine late, you would have your choice of where to sit.

Steelers36 - I think you are probably right, so are right so although I scheduled 6:20 to share, I plan to ask the Maitre’D when I board if it’s acceptable to come later and ask to share.   I may schedule the Wine Dinner or the Chef’s Table so there wouldn’t be that many days involved and I can go with the flow.

• Like 1

How long does it take for Princess to refund to credit card?

I wanted to change the time for two SDs I cancelled existing and reserved at new times. Was charged for second reservations but so far have not been refunded for the cancelled reservations. It is only a day or so, but I thought this would be automatic, i.e., no need to wait for an accounting person to review the credit.

I suppose I could have changed the time on reservations rather than cancel / rebook but did not see that option.

46 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

How long does it take for Princess to refund to credit card?

I wanted to change the time for two SDs I cancelled existing and reserved at new times. Was charged for second reservations but so far have not been refunded for the cancelled reservations. It is only a day or so, but I thought this would be automatic, i.e., no need to wait for an accounting person to review the credit.

I suppose I could have changed the time on reservations rather than cancel / rebook but did not see that option.

In the past, refunds have taken +2 weeks, now...🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

In the past, refunds have taken +2 weeks, now...🤷‍♀️

Thanks. When I changed a flight with United the co-pay turned up a day or so later and miles were redeposited, automatically. I was hoping Princess would be the same.

17 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Regarding Princess refund for cancelled SD. I had a Chat and they said ~ one week for a refund and then a few days before it appears on credit card.

I went back and took a look at DMW for my September cruise as the $50 SD charge for day 3 Sabatini’s reservation definitely hit my credit card despite a dining credit showing at the top. If I look at the day 1 of the cruise and select SD, I see a $50 charge, but if I scroll down further, there is a $50 credit available, so if I confirmed first night dining, then no actual charge. 

I cancelled my day 3 SD reservation as I would prefer Sterling if I had to pay for it, but it’s not availability on my cruise. Let’s see how the refund takes to hit my credit card.

Best case is that I board without a SD reservation, still have an SD credit showing on my account and I’m allowed to move it to day 3 of the cruise.

42 minutes ago, polmcs said:

I went back and took a look at DMW for my September cruise as the $50 SD charge for day 3 Sabatini’s reservation definitely hit my credit card despite a dining credit showing at the top. If I look at the day 1 of the cruise and select SD, I see a $50 charge, but if I scroll down further, there is a $50 credit available, so if I confirmed first night dining, then no actual charge. 

I cancelled my day 3 SD reservation as I would prefer Sterling if I had to pay for it, but it’s not availability on my cruise. Let’s see how the refund takes to hit my credit card.

Best case is that I board without a SD reservation, still have an SD credit showing on my account and I’m allowed to move it to day 3 of the cruise.

Why would you rather pay $29 for steakhouse SD than $25 for Sabi's?

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I prefer steak over Italian 😉 and I’m still miffed that Sabatini’s stopped the 10 course tasting menu.

18 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Regarding Princess refund for cancelled SD. I had a Chat and they said ~ one week for a refund and then a few days before it appears on credit card.

Credit Card refund arrive today - so just a few days including Bank processing time.

Incidentally, could I have simply changed time instead of cancel / rebook?

1 hour ago, polmcs said:

I prefer steak over Italian 😉 and I’m still miffed that Sabatini’s stopped the 10 course tasting menu.

That changed a long time ago are you going to stay miffed forever ?

1 hour ago, polmcs said:

So do I, but my point was to use the dining credit for the more expensive restaurant and pay for the less expensive one.

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So do I, but my point was to use the dining credit for the more expensive restaurant and pay for the less expensive one.

I don’t have that option on this particular cruise. It appears that Sterling is closed every night of my September cruise. I’m going to assume staff shortages are to blame here. 

If I had my way and I had to use the credit on the first night only and Sterling was available, then I would absolutely book Sterling. 

Edited by polmcs
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:23 PM, Sailin Gal said:

Has anyone else had their dining reservations disappear from the MC app, but still been able to see them from the web version?  We sail Aug 27 on Royal, and I had booked 6 of our nights via the app several weeks ago (Symphony DR).  Went back in last week on the app and couldn't see them, but they were showing up on the web version of MC.  I booked the 7th night's dinner via web version, in Concerto since Symphony wasn't showing up as an option. It DID show up  in the mobile version of the app.  I've since seen some comments about the Symphony being closed on less-than-full sailings, so have a feeling that is why they dropped from the mobile version of the app? Princess tech support for the app was no help. Today I edited the original 6 nights' reservations via web version. Symphony was not an option so picked other DR's. Have to wonder what would have happened if I hadn't checked it before boarding.

What is the web version of the app and where can I find it? Android won't let me use Dine My Way although I am well past final payment. Any help would be appreciated. My cruise is 1 Oct.

Cruiserdru

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

What is the web version of the app and where can I find it? Android won't let me use Dine My Way although I am well past final payment. Any help would be appreciated. My cruise is 1 Oct.

Cruiserdru

Login to your account on Princess.com.  Access your upcoming voyage (Cruise Personalizer).  On the main page, they tout downloading the MC App from Google Play Store and Apple Store.  Just underneath their in small type is a link to the web version of MC App.  The web version includes the OCEAN Ready section, plus DineMyWay (DMW). 

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com

We thought we wouldn't like it. Doing Club Class, there are no waits more than a minute or 2. I'm sure in the main rooms it can be longer. I guess perhaps try check the busy times & work around them Club Class works for us, though I wish the food was better considering the big up charge over a standard cabin. The attention to detail by the staff really is nice.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:48 PM, Steelers36 said:

The real fun part is to try to get anyone from Princess to give you the USDA "grade" of meat. Don't think it's "Choice". They'll tell you it's "Premium" which is worthless! The grade in the MDR is no higher than "Standard". The specialty rest. it's no higher than "Select". The Ultimate Balcony(if they do it anymore) dinner & the Chef's table would be likely Prime cut. Look at the prices. The $100 balcony diner was by far the best we ever had on Princess.

53 minutes ago, rbtan said:

We thought we wouldn't like it. Doing Club Class, there are no waits more than a minute or 2. I'm sure in the main rooms it can be longer. I guess perhaps try check the busy times & work around them Club Class works for us, though I wish the food was better considering the big up charge over a standard cabin. The attention to detail by the staff really is nice.

The real fun part is to try to get anyone from Princess to give you the USDA "grade" of meat. Don't think it's "Choice". They'll tell you it's "Premium" which is worthless! The grade in the MDR is no higher than "Standard". The specialty rest. it's no higher than "Select". The Ultimate Balcony(if they do it anymore) dinner & the Chef's table would be likely Prime cut. Look at the prices. The $100 balcony diner was by far the best we ever had on Princess.

Why would you think club class food would be better than MDR it is all from the same kitchen. You do get some extra entree choices some of which are spectacular.  What you are really paying for is the no wait great service and more choices but the dishes are cooked by the same people

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rbtan said:

I hear you, but my point was to use a SD credit for the CG since it costs more and pay for Sabi's since it costs less.

On 8/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, Cruise2End said:

Steelers36 - I think you are probably right, so are right so although I scheduled 6:20 to share, I plan to ask the Maitre’D when I board if it’s acceptable to come later and ask to share.   I may schedule the Wine Dinner or the Chef’s Table so there wouldn’t be that many days involved and I can go with the flow.

Can you book either of these in advance of cruise or do you have to wait till you are onboard?