Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

ADVICE - CHECK BACK EACH DAY

Day by day I'm adding dinner reservation to my 13 day cruise. As previously posted, silly me, I thought that when I booked 3 months ago using  Reserve for the same time each day it actually meant that . Finally realizing it didn't, I had only 2 reservations. I've been checking daily for openings for the last 10 days . Lo and behold each day or so another acceptable option appears . I'm up to 9. It shouldn't be this way but c'est la vie .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just made reservations for Bistro Sur La Mer for my cruise on the Enchanted. The charges zeroed out at confirmation. My reservations in the MDR for the rest of the cruise have been holding steady for the past few months. Hopefully my luck will hold.c

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richstowe said:

ADVICE - CHECK BACK EACH DAY

Day by day I'm adding dinner reservation to my 13 day cruise. As previously posted, silly me, I thought that when I booked 3 months ago using  Reserve for the same time each day it actually meant that . Finally realizing it didn't, I had only 2 reservations. I've been checking daily for openings for the last 10 days . Lo and behold each day or so another acceptable option appears . I'm up to 9. It shouldn't be this way but c'est la vie .

And now I've got all 13 . PITA but done ! 👍

• Like 2

Guess we lucked out as we selected traditional dining at 7:15pm at a table for 2 over a year ago and they now have us at 7:00pm every night at a private table in same dining room for the entire 44 nights. 

Now I know obviously reservations can be done on the LOVELY Medallion App 🤣 but isn’t it still available to call Princess and have them do it for anyone having issues? Yeah perhaps you might have to wait for an hour but considering the Medallion App issues it could be worth it. 🤔

• Like 2

I just logged in to the web based version of the Medallion app  https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/ and it has Dine My Way there.

Note that the web based version of the Medallion app appears to only show your next cruise if you login with Login Id / Password and not any subsequent ones you may have booked. To see the other bookings you need to use Booking Number to login in.

Edited by brisalta

I was refused a solo table the final night and he slowed my service down to match the table pace. Seriously I wouldn't have minded finishing 1st then going to Victoria 

They were not seating anyone at a 2top

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

I was refused a solo table the final night and he slowed my service down to match the table pace. Seriously I wouldn't have minded finishing 1st then going to Victoria 

They were not seating anyone at a 2top

Just another reason we choose to travel in club class 

How and where can I enter dietary needs. On the website trying to enter any needs at all (allergy, diabetes etc) just throws up an error and on the Medallion app the specific allergy we need to enter is not listed and there is no option to add further details.

7 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

How and where can I enter dietary needs. On the website trying to enter any needs at all (allergy, diabetes etc) just throws up an error and on the Medallion app the specific allergy we need to enter is not listed and there is no option to add further details.

In the MC App, that information is under Preferences.

Tap your photo in top left corner.

Tap My Preferences.

Tap Dining.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

In the MC App, that information is under Preferences.

Tap your photo in top left corner.

Tap My Preferences.

Tap Dining.

As I said I cannot select specific allergies (Sheep's milk products, crayfish, cherries) in the app. The web version has a comment area where i could list those, except it doesn't work.

41 minutes ago, Fjord4Fun said:

As I said I cannot select specific allergies (Sheep's milk products, crayfish, cherries) in the app. The web version has a comment area where i could list those, except it doesn't work.

I see.  Well then, I would contact PCL and ask for the right department.  I may have seen this before, but not sure where special diet concerns go to (I mean if there is a particular email address).  While you are at it, ask them about adding a comment box for exceptions.

22 minutes ago, takemeaway2008 said:

I have reserved my dinner times  but some of the nights I had to share a table with other guests. If I show up at a different time, can I request a table for two? 

Yes, but then cancel what you have for those nights.  Also, by the time you board, the 3rd DR may well be open and will be lots of choice.

You didn't mention when your booking is, so I am wondering if DMW is offering TWO DR's to choose from, or only ONE?  If the latter, PCL will eventually add a second DR in to the mix and you can jump on that to get your 2-top.  With ships filling up, they have to operate all three DR's, so  question is will they ever add a 3rd into DMW.  (Perish the thought as it would completely screw up Traditional Dining in terms of being able to satisfy the demand on board as the App cannot handle it properly).

• Like 1

My wife and i have booked a cruise next May from Southampton on Sky Princess. I have managed to reserve tables for 6 of the 7 nights on the app at the three main restaurants so twice at each of them. (Is this the correct thing to do) On the other night we will prob go to one of the speciality restaurants to celebrate my wifes birthday ( any reccomendations appreciated) 19:30 each night, we would prefer later but a later time option isnt there. Also we prefer a table for 2 each evening but although it does say private dining im still not sure if this is for 2 or sharing a table ?. Can anyone please advise.

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, but then cancel what you have for those nights.  Also, by the time you board, the 3rd DR may well be open and will be lots of choice.

You didn't mention when your booking is, so I am wondering if DMW is offering TWO DR's to choose from, or only ONE?  If the latter, PCL will eventually add a second DR in to the mix and you can jump on that to get your 2-top.  With ships filling up, they have to operate all three DR's, so  question is will they ever add a 3rd into DMW.  (Perish the thought as it would completely screw up Traditional Dining in terms of being able to satisfy the demand on board as the App cannot handle it properly).

It looks like all three are opened. Well, I can and have made a reservation on different nights for all. At the time, I thought it was no big deal to sit with others because I thought Covid would die back down for the summer but now I've changed my mind. 

1 hour ago, eric4395 said:

My wife and i have booked a cruise next May from Southampton on Sky Princess. I have managed to reserve tables for 6 of the 7 nights on the app at the three main restaurants so twice at each of them. (Is this the correct thing to do) On the other night we will prob go to one of the speciality restaurants to celebrate my wifes birthday ( any reccomendations appreciated) 19:30 each night, we would prefer later but a later time option isnt there. Also we prefer a table for 2 each evening but although it does say private dining im still not sure if this is for 2 or sharing a table ?. Can anyone please advise.

Private means you and dining party (if you created one) are at your own table with no one else.

1 hour ago, takemeaway2008 said:

It looks like all three are opened. Well, I can and have made a reservation on different nights for all. At the time, I thought it was no big deal to sit with others because I thought Covid would die back down for the summer but now I've changed my mind. 

I am surprised with all 3 DR's offered that you cannot find Private space for 2 as long as okay with switching DR's.  So, who knows if they held back inventory, but you can always ask on board.  Don't delay - do it as soon as you can on Day 1.

• Like 2

I have booked at Sky princess Cielo restaurant for all 7 nights and wanted to have  large table in order to meet people as the Traditional dining always allowed   I have asked for share the table on each night at 6.20 and just wondered if we would have the same group each night or always different ones

6 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I have booked at Sky princess Cielo restaurant for all 7 nights and wanted to have  large table in order to meet people as the Traditional dining always allowed   I have asked for share the table on each night at 6.20 and just wondered if we would have the same group each night or always different ones

There is zero guarantee of that and I believe it would be a fluke. 

The best advice I have is to speak with your companions on Night 1 and see if they booked similarly or if they were there randomly by booking single nights or were a walk-up.  I hope someone else who has gone through this sees your note and replies with their RECENT experience.  There are some small signs I have seen where the DRO (formerly MD) seems to have more flexibility than in the beginning???  Try to recruit other diners on your first night and then speak with the DRO or a HW and see if those interested can be blocked into the same table each night. 

I booked a couple of nights in the Crown Grill on the app.  Rather then taking the charge off of my credits I have on the cruise, they charged my credit card.  While I don't mind, past experience had it come out of the credits.  Is this something new or an app thing?  Anyone know?

49 minutes ago, Tweedy said:

I booked a couple of nights in the Crown Grill on the app.  Rather then taking the charge off of my credits I have on the cruise, they charged my credit card.  While I don't mind, past experience had it come out of the credits.  Is this something new or an app thing?  Anyone know?

It is SUPPOSED to recognize the credits and apply them, but this is quite random.  When you first enter DMW for individual nights, there is a banner message at the top of the screen, near the dates line, that indicates you have dining credits to be applied (as a promo to book specialty of course).  This is a fairly new feature.  If you don't see that then DMW doesn't know about your credits.

You should check your Cruise Personalizer under Onboard Services to make sure those credits are there that you believe you have.  Or, print the Travel Summary document off.

4 hours ago, Tweedy said:

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is SUPPOSED to recognize the credits and apply them, but this is quite random.  When you first enter DMW for individual nights, there is a banner message at the top of the screen, near the dates line, that indicates you have dining credits to be applied (as a promo to book specialty of course).  This is a fairly new feature.  If you don't see that then DMW doesn't know about your credits.

You should check your Cruise Personalizer under Onboard Services to make sure those credits are there that you believe you have.  Or, print the Travel Summary document off.

It is supposed to recognize the credits only if you have a free specialty dining promotion. It does not apply OBC to specialty dining reservations. The only thing you can book pre-cruise with OBC is shore excursions.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, Fjord4Fun said:

I don't have much confidence that listing the allergies in the app will work. Whether or not you are successful in listing them pre-cruise, the most important thing is to speak with a head waiter in the dining room. This is pre-COVID experience, so I don't know what's changed. Anyone with any dietary restrictions would order their food the day before from the head waiter (not the waiter). With the advance notice, they can often modify dishes to meet your restrictions.

It may be helpful to eat in the same dining room every night so you can deal with the same head waiter. Once they understand your restrictions, I have found them very helpful in making suggestions for modifications that would work.

• Like 1