Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

21 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Hi

We are on the Sky in a weeks time, how full was the ship out of interest?

which restaurant were you in that gave you this fast service?

thank you

There was 3200 passengers previous week there were 3600 (School Holiday). We went to Soliel as it was the first one we came to on the first night and did not try the others

Neil

14 hours ago, Neil_c said:

There was 3200 passengers previous week there were 3600 (School Holiday). We went to Soliel as it was the first one we came to on the first night and did not try the others

Neil

Thanks for that. I am hoping our cruise will not be too busy.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, KKB said:

We have ATD for our July cruise.

Hopped on the app today & booked our set daily time & a table for 2. 

Not 100% sure it will be the same table, we shall see. 

We do enjoy having the same wait staff nightly but have had less of that the last 10 years on all the lines we have sailed so we roll with it.

It was a different table each night when we were on the Sky earlier this year.

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

It was a different table each night when we were on the Sky earlier this year.

Yeah…those reservations disappeared😡

Now no tables for 2

Going to try in person when we get there…or just come early

Just thought I'd throw in a positive comment on our experience.  We were on the Royal from June 4 to June 11.  We (three couples) made reservations on the app in advance, but I warned my traveling companions that we may have trouble due to all of the posts I've seen.  We had absolutely zero problems.  They had our reservations and we got the same table and wait staff each night.  No begging required.  Everything was as smooth as it could have been.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Gramma of Boys said:

Just thought I'd throw in a positive comment on our experience.  We were on the Royal from June 4 to June 11.  We (three couples) made reservations on the app in advance, but I warned my traveling companions that we may have trouble due to all of the posts I've seen.  We had absolutely zero problems.  They had our reservations and we got the same table and wait staff each night.  No begging required.  Everything was as smooth as it could have been.

We were on Regal from 4th June for a week. I had pre booked via the app 7.40 pm in Allegro for each day. We observed this time on the first night but after that dined at different times; they quickly recognised us as “regulars” in Allegro and we weren’t concerned that we had a variety of tables and wait staff. It was, in effect, Anytime Dining. 

My wife can only drink organic wine and Princess only serves it in bottles in the MDR. We’ve come across this before and although the staff were insistent that the 25% off meant that a bottle was a good deal, a quick word with Arturo the restaurant manager resulted in glasses of organic wine being sourced from Vines each evening.

All in all we found the dining experience to be a very good one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gramma of Boys said:

Well your second sentence points to the difference in cruise experience.  The Royal is very different than the Crown at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

Well your second sentence points to the difference in cruise experience.  The Royal is very different than the Crown at this point.

Well for one it is a different class ship. Also staff is different. When we were in the Majestic and my wife ordered the duck with Asian noodles she asked for chop sticks and the sourced some from Harmony restaurant. Great service but not uniform throughout the fleet 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Well for one it is a different class ship. Also staff is different. When we were in the Majestic and my wife ordered the duck with Asian noodles she asked for chop sticks and the sourced some from Harmony restaurant. Great service but not uniform throughout the fleet 

Except we are not referring to food or service on the Crown it's known propulsion problems that are at issue.

6 hours ago, memoak said:

When we were in the Majestic and my wife ordered the duck with Asian noodles she asked for chop sticks and the sourced some from Harmony restaurant. 

At least the Harmony was good for something!  😂

when I used the app for the first time to hopefully do the equivalent of late traditional large table dining on the Sky  I found that only tablles for 2 were offered UNLESS  I SCROLLED down to  differente time where some times offered you the I would like to share a table option  but only a few times did this 

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

when I used the app for the first time to hopefully do the equivalent of late traditional large table dining on the Sky  I found that only tablles for 2 were offered UNLESS  I SCROLLED down to  differente time where some times offered you the I would like to share a table option  but only a few times did this 

I am not quite sure what steps you took in DMW.  First of all, DMW (unfortunately) does not offer table sizes.  The top offering is Sharing a Table and the bottom offering is Private table (per Dining Room named).  If there is no Private table available for the size of your Dining Party, DMW offers (stupidly) to Split your party (as if that is an option). 

If you elect Sharing, you have zero control over the table size in the App.  Also, you have zero guarantee of sharing with the same passengers each night.  If this is what you want, I suggest you try and arrange it on board, but you need the other table mates to cooperate.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:38 AM, Gramma of Boys said:

We were on the Royal from 05-28/06-11. Had a table for 2 ( Table 370, spaced apart from other 2 top and no one on otherside) at 6:20 in Concerto everynight. Never a hassle.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 9:46 AM, memoak said:

Curious, did your wife need chopsticks to eat the noodles because they were called Asian noodles? I’m Asian and I find a fork works just as well.

9 minutes ago, highloyo said:

Curious, did your wife need chopsticks to eat the noodles because they were called Asian noodles? I’m Asian and I find a fork works just as well.

We use chopsticks constantly at home. I remember my mother who was raised in Hawaii telling me to always use chopsticks with Asian cuisine 

23 minutes ago, highloyo said:

I"m also Asian and i NEED to have chopsticks to eat certain dishes or else I don't feel right. I actually hate forks for noodles.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

I"m also Asian and i NEED to have chopsticks to eat certain dishes or else I don't feel right. I actually hate forks for noodles.

As my mother told me if you ask for a fork in an Asian restaurant you will be laughed at

I'm disappointed . Months ago I booked Reserve for the same time each day option using the Dine My Way . I looked at the first night and the second and assumed that picking this option meant what it said . Wrong! Today I looked up my reservations while booking the Crown Grill and only  the first night is reserved . Now all options are either way too early or too late . I called Princess up but nada . The agent wasn't rude but said it was on me for assuming anything .

I now realize that dine same time each day option isn't . Lesson learnt .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, richstowe said:

I'm disappointed . Months ago I booked Reserve for the same time each day option using the Dine My Way . I looked at the first night and the second and assumed that picking this option meant what it said . Wrong! Today I looked up my reservations while booking the Crown Grill and only  the first night is reserved . Now all options are either way too early or too late . I called Princess up but nada . The agent wasn't rude but said it was on me for assuming anything .

Worked for us on Regal earlier this month. In reality the time reserved seemed to be irrelevant!

can we (2 of us) still just walk up and say we'd like to join a large group table (and usually be seated within zero to 5 minutes)? Pre-Covid, we did this both in Europe and Caribbean and it worked very well for us. 

Edited by elaine5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elaine5 said:

can we (2 of us) still just walk up and say we'd like to join a large group table (and usually be seated within zero to 5 minutes)? Pre-Covid, we did this both in Europe and Caribbean and it worked very well for us. 

Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richstowe said:

I am sorry this happened to you.  Very early on I started to check every night of our voyage since sometimes we would only be offered Split tables for our dining party instead of Private.  ( IDK who thought that would be an acceptable option).  

We now have all Private since the second DR was added to DMW.  It has been a struggle with that "feature" and it seems many guests don't receive what they thought they had booked.

• Like 2