Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

28 minutes ago, Cruise2End said:

I have read some posts indicating they haven’t been offering them since the pandemic.   Hoping they return in the months to come.

They are still having them on most ships but without the gallery portion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise2End said:

I have read some posts indicating they haven’t been offering them since the pandemic.   Hoping they return in the months to come.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

They are still having them on most ships but without the gallery portion 

Yes, I have read the same and hoping for a WMD this October.  Just to clarify - the WMD is a dinner only and never included a galley visit, nor the extra gifts that come with the CT and CTL.

• Like 1

Yes I’ve done WMD, CT and CTL many times.   I prefer the WMD over Chefs Tables because the amount of food although beautifully presented is just way too much to enjoy at one time.   Definitely will check that out after boarding.   😉

Edited by Cruise2End
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

Cruise2End,

I am not familiar with the WMD although I have done the Chef's Table many times. Can you enlighten me ??

Dru

Winemakers Dinner 3 courses I believe and not the humongous portions of chefs dinner

New to Princess...need some help booking dining.  We are with another couple.  Both cabins have dining credits.  How do we book a table for 4 and use the credits assigned to each couple?  Do we have to book 2 separate reservations and join them up onboard?  Advice?

54 minutes ago, Graycruise said:

New to Princess...need some help booking dining.  We are with another couple.  Both cabins have dining credits.  How do we book a table for 4 and use the credits assigned to each couple?  Do we have to book 2 separate reservations and join them up onboard?  Advice?

Designate them as traveling companions on the app. Then you can book dining together

29 minutes ago, memoak said:

Designate them as traveling companions on the app. Then you can book dining together

Tried that...but it seems to want to charge our cabin for all of the dinners.  We wanted to use our dining credit for us and their credit for their meals.

2 hours ago, Graycruise said:

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Yes, but doesn't solve the issue.

53 minutes ago, Graycruise said:

Tried that...but it seems to want to charge our cabin for all of the dinners.  We wanted to use our dining credit for us and their credit for their meals.

I have mentioned this previously (but understand that older posts are not easily found).  So, DMW just isn't that sophisticated.  It would have to have additional intelligence in the programming to detect the dining companions credits and then ask the booking guest if they want to cover for all or not.  It isn't any different if you were booking for you and dining companions and paying for four cover charges.  DMW isn't going to offer that the other couple pay their own way (in effect you would be authorizing a charge to their credit card for the meal). 

DMW only accesses your own credits.  If you happened to have two credits each, it would use them all to pay. 

You really need to wait until on board and then go and book your night on embarkation day.  If you book separately, the restaurant is going to have you at separate tables and you still need to go and re-book once on board.

Another option that works - if you are planning to go 2X - is one of you make the first booking and the other make the second night booking and it's all even in the end.

• Like 1

I cancelled my mid cruise SD reservation which had been charged to my credit card on the morning of the Diamond Princess cancellation notifications later that day. The refund hit my credit card this morning, so just a few days for it to show up. That said, it was going to come back to me at some point after the cruise was cancelled.

• Thanks 1

I have just tried to book for the whole cruise a shared table on the Coral Princess   They offer3d 6pm only  which I did accept but they have given be different restaurants each night alternately  and I cannot change it as the same one is NOT offered each night   What to do  I like to get waiters who know our needs and not start afresh every day

6 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I have just tried to book for the whole cruise a shared table on the Coral Princess   They offer3d 6pm only  which I did accept but they have given be different restaurants each night alternately  and I cannot change it as the same one is NOT offered each night   What to do  I like to get waiters who know our needs and not start afresh every day

Speak to DR mgmt first day and make your request.  You might diplomatically have to remind them that Princess promises this, but of course it isn't their fault - it's stupid IT.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, windsor26 said:

You could talk to the head waiter (or whoever) on the first day at lunch or dinner.

OR you could type up a list of your likes/dislikes/requirements and hand it to the waiter at each dinner.

19 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Forgive me for stating the obvious but did you try changing the time? When I made reservations, I initially thought it was showing the only time available but then found I could change the time.

I thought the same thing - that the time that came up was all that was available. Changed the time and got what I wanted.

Anybody noticed that Princess took away the pre-cruise testing but so far Canada has not. Keep your eyes open hoping they will change, too.

59 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

I thought the same thing - that the time that came up was all that was available. Changed the time and got what I wanted.

Anybody noticed that Princess took away the pre-cruise testing but so far Canada has not. Keep your eyes open hoping they will change, too.

How long can you keep your eyes open without blinking?  I bet you blink before our federal government does.  😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:07 AM, Tedferg said:

Forgive me for stating the obvious but did you try changing the time? When I made reservations, I initially thought it was showing the only time available but then found I could change the time.

I could not find another time that had sharing and when I returned to the site the 6pm was no longer sharing  so obviously busy 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 8:52 PM, windsor26 said:

Are you trying to do "general sharing" (which is what the app means when you select "sharing") or do you want to share with the same people each night?  If it's the same people then "sharing" is not what you want. You will need to add the people as Travel Companions using their booking number. Then you can book with them as part of your dining party. Worked well for us in May and we ended up with the same table every night (except for the first night) so we had the same wait staff each night.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

We recently sailed on Sky and booked a mini suite plus which enabled us to bypass the queues for dining, we are just about to book on Enchanted Princess but I cannot find any reference to a similar club arrangement for dining. Can someone kindly confirm either way please.

oldmovieguy,

Yes, Enchanted Princess does have the same. You are looking for M1 or M6 Club Class Minisuites.

There are 12 midship on Baja, 12 midship on Aloha, 10 midship on Riviera, 2 all the way forward on Marina, and 2 all the way forward on Lido.

Good luck.

Cruiserdru

5 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

What about using OBC to pay in advance for specialty dining? Sorry if this has been asked before. 

You cannot use obc for that. When you book in advance, payment is taken via your regustered credit card.