Check in slots

Priszm

Hello.  Yesterday did all of our pre-boarding stuff for Oasis in November.  We were automatically assigned a check in time of 3pm. Does anyone know if earlier slots ever become available? Wondering if I should start checking for earlier times daily or if the time we have is it and shouldn't bother.  Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Priszm said:

Hello.  Yesterday did all of our pre-boarding stuff for Oasis in November.  We were automatically assigned a check in time of 3pm. Does anyone know if earlier slots ever become available? Wondering if I should start checking for earlier times daily or if the time we have is it and shouldn't bother.  Thank you. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My November Indy cruise has ONLY 3-3:30 as a check in time.  If they don't open up other times it's going to be a cluster ---- at 3pm😇

Oh, so maybe they'll open up other times as we get closer. I guess I'll definitely be checking daily.  This is only a 4 night cruise, and our first time on an Oasis class ship. I want as much ship time as possible. 

I just tried to do checking in for Symphony for Nov 6th and it took me all the way up to arrival times.

Then there was NO list of times only and blue exclamation point.

trying to call on  line support now.  I had no issues with other two cruises for Aug and Oct.  

I spoke with an RCI representative this morning.  She checked with her supervisor and she said our November Indy booking hadn't been loaded with all the available times yet.  So hang in there, folks!  No idea exactly when they would be loaded.

1 minute ago, Teeara said:

I spoke with an RCI representative this morning.  She checked with her supervisor and she said our November Indy booking hadn't been loaded with all the available times yet.  So hang in there, folks!  No idea exactly when they would be loaded.

yup I called and they said working on it.

I nicely suggested they have a comment saying "unavailable please check back" instead of a blue !

and he typed it up and sent to the IT dept.  

I chose 1 PM for my check in time for my August 30 cruise. When my sister did her online check in the 1 PM time slot was not available so she had to choose 2 PM. Since will be arriving at the pier together at 1 PM or before I wonder if they will allow us to check in together 

5 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

And...we also got a 3 pm slot for a November Allure sailing.  My question is what happens if we show up at noon or 11 am?

They are being super strict now and not letting people check in till their time. If you show up at 11 you will be waiting outside till 3. Better to just show up close to your time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

And...we also got a 3 pm slot for a November Allure sailing.  My question is what happens if we show up at noon or 11 am?

You stand around and wait  could be outside depending on where you are departing from

10 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

They are being super strict now and not letting people check in till their time. If you show up at 11 you will be waiting outside till 3. Better to just show up close to your time.

May I ask how you know this? 

11 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

Lately they have been making people wait until their check in time. They are doing this for social distancing.

45 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

May I ask how you know this? 

It has been reported in some of the reviews lately. They did it on my Allure cruise, but it was a test cruise. Hope they stick with it otherwise it’s a free for all. 🙄

• Like 1

@Marie51It has been reported on every review since the restart and I think it is even listed in the FAQS. They weren't even selling the Key because there really isn't priority boarding. Also on FB, couple of people tried to do this and had to wait in the heat until their scheduled time.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:18 AM, Marie51 said:

I chose 1 PM for my check in time for my August 30 cruise. When my sister did her online check in the 1 PM time slot was not available so she had to choose 2 PM. Since will be arriving at the pier together at 1 PM or before I wonder if they will allow us to check in together 

IMO, weigh out the risk/reward.  If you're willing to risk having to hang out in the beautiful weather for an hour (if you're into beautiful Florida sunshine), the reward may have you touring the ship an hour earlier.  The boarding police responders will let us know that this should be a crime punishable for 20 years....fact remains - risk/reward as decided by you and you only.

Edited by bucfan2