Medallion Booked Arrival Times

gmcwalker

As I have several cruises coming up, I would like to share on my roll calls: How long before your departure were you able to book your Arrival Time on the App?

I would appreciate if only those who did book would respond thank you.

Have you been reading the threads where CC members are reporting live from the ships?  There have been posts about selecting Arrival Groups there and also in the Medallion Class App threads (Part 3 and "Working Again"). 

The times have been all over the map so to speak and quite unpredictable right now.  Perhaps you should mention the dates and then people who are sailing then can report if they have had access to Arrival Groups or not.  Has anyone on your Roll Calls had access as yet? 

Don't expect to be able to do this months ahead of time.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:03 PM, Steelers36 said:

Have you been reading the threads where CC members are reporting live from the ships?  There have been posts about selecting Arrival Groups there and also in the Medallion Class App threads (Part 3 and "Working Again"). 

The times have been all over the map so to speak and quite unpredictable right now.  Perhaps you should mention the dates and then people who are sailing then can report if they have had access to Arrival Groups or not.  Has anyone on your Roll Calls had access as yet? 

Don't expect to be able to do this months ahead of time.

Thanks for the input but this is not about me or my Cruises but to help others get  an idea of the wait time to book their Arrival time as not all of us have the time to search through 800 posts. The more answers we get the more future cruisers will know.

How long before your cruise were you able to book an Arrival time?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I am on the UK seacation in September and I was able to select 40 days before my cruise.

We booked at 39 days out but could only choose embarkation time at 33 days out, so there doesn’t seem to be a fixed time.

• Thanks 1

My first Princess cruise is out of LA October 27, 2021 and I cannot schedule a arrival time yet. According to the Medallion team it has to do with the ports. My guess is that they have not worked out the procedures with the LA port yet. Here is the email response I received:

B9C5FFB0-489F-4789-B08E-F754D4A3677F.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

choices for Arrival Group is Not available for Sept 25th cruise from LA on Grand (40 days before departure). for Alaska cruise on Majestic it was available much earlier (i think it was about 2 month prior to departure date)

1 minute ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I was able to select a boarding time on June 23rd for my July 25th sailing. So 32 days before departure.  But we were the first so maybe not typical? Or what it will be for future sailings?

I was able to choose a boarding time on 6/23 also - for an 8/29 sailing. Odd, huh?

Lucky me.  Checked app this morning for my usual check in for arrival time.  

What?  automatically logged me out overnight.  That's okay, just log back in with booking number, blah, blah.

Go to get arrival time.  What?  white screen of death.  

Sign out.  Close App.  Go to App store and re-open.  Start process all over again.  Now I can't get past log in with booking number.  Server issue?  

Error message.  Does not match booking number.  Look up to confirm booking number...app magically logs in????  Health data now missing.  Click on Health data...white screen of death.  Health Status back, but no photo.  Wait...photo appeared.  

What's going on today?  Friday was the 13th.  Solar Flares?  It's not a full moon.

App is broken.  I give up for now.

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Lucky me.  Checked app this morning for my usual check in for arrival time.  

What?  automatically logged me out overnight.  That's okay, just log back in with booking number, blah, blah.

Go to get arrival time.  What?  white screen of death.  

Sign out.  Close App.  Go to App store and re-open.  Start process all over again.  Now I can't get past log in with booking number.  Server issue?  

Error message.  Does not match booking number.  Look up to confirm booking number...app magically logs in????  Health data now missing.  Click on Health data...white screen of death.  Health Status back, but no photo.  Wait...photo appeared.  

What's going on today?  Friday was the 13th.  Solar Flares?  It's not a full moon.

App is broken.  I give up for now.

OUCH!

• Haha 1

I was just able to select my arrival time for a 15th October Sailing, so 60 days out. 
When I checked this morning it showed the arrival times but said there were no groups available, but when I can looked just now they were there to chose from. 

We’re happy we got arrival group A, and now just hope the drive through testing goes okay! 

• Like 1

I know our cruise in 2022 is way too far out to book arrival time. My problem is minor compared to problems experienced by others but still annoying. How do you log out of the ap? I need to shut down both my phone and tablet ( both android). Also am unable to find a way to search for specific threads. Can someone help.

5 hours ago, gubby said:

I know our cruise in 2022 is way too far out to book arrival time. My problem is minor compared to problems experienced by others but still annoying. How do you log out of the ap? I need to shut down both my phone and tablet ( both android). Also am unable to find a way to search for specific threads. Can someone help.

Click on your photo in the top left hand corner. At the bottom, below support is a Sign out button in red

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I have seen others ask this question, but haven't yet seen an answer.

Are you able to book the arrival time for another cabin connected to yours at the same time as you book your time? Just trying to coordinate since we are traveling together....

I'm curious about the same thing. We are a family of 4 traveling in two cabins. We will all get there at the same time. Hoping it's not a problem to get on together. We also have another cruise with 8 of us, where all 8 will be arriving together. 

Honestly, I had not even thought about this detail! Thank you so much for reminding me to keep an eye out for a response on this. 

Edited by jennybenny

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I have seen others ask this question, but haven't yet seen an answer.

Are you able to book the arrival time for another cabin connected to yours at the same time as you book your time? Just trying to coordinate since we are traveling together....

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

I'm curious about the same thing. We are a family of 4 traveling in two cabins. We will all get there at the same time. Hoping it's not a problem to get on together. We also have another cruise with 8 of us, where all 8 will be arriving together. 

Honestly, I had not even thought about this detail! Thank you so much for reminding me to keep an eye out for a response on this. 

We have traveling companions.  If you go into Arrival Groups and attempt to select one, you will see there is only you and cabinmate listed and available to select.  Both of you are selected by default, but you could de-select one (would seem odd unless arriving separately).  Travel companions are for booking dining res or activity res - they have not connected them for Arrival Groups at this time (and IDK if any plans to do so).

I would suggest pinging the other party(ies) when the first one notices they have access to select and have all go in and select.  Otherwise, just show up together if groups end up different.  I am sure they will keep a family of 4 together.  But various friends traveling together can just check-in whenever they arrive as independent travelers.  There is no particular need to check-in together.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I would suggest pinging the other party(ies) when the first one notices they have access to select and have all go in and select.  Otherwise, just show up together if groups end up different.  I am sure they will keep a family of 4 together.  But various friends traveling together can just check-in whenever they arrive as independent travelers.  There is no particular need to check-in together.

My DD might have a different opinion about the 'need'. 😁

There will be 7 of us together (2 cabins). When 2 of the 7 are 2 and 5 years old.....the more available bodies to help corral them and carry on 'stuff' the better.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

My DD might have a different opinion about the 'need'. 😁

There will be 7 of us together (2 cabins). When 2 of the 7 are 2 and 5 years old.....the more available bodies to help corral them and carry on 'stuff' the better.... 

Obviously a cruise not in the near future since 2 and 5 year old children cannot be vaccinated yet and thus are not allowed on cruises this year.

• Like 1