Celebrity revolution

WorldTraveler151208

Does anyone know when Eclipse, Solstice or Infinity will be refurbished?  I know that the revolution program will include all ships in the future, but is there any chance that it will happen before summer 2022? I am considering booking a cruise on one of these three ships for the next summer, but I prefer to wait until they are renovated.

13 minutes ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Does anyone know when Eclipse, Solstice or Infinity will be refurbished?  I know that the revolution program will include all ships in the future, but is there any chance that it will happen before summer 2022? I am considering booking a cruise on one of these three ships for the next summer, but I prefer to wait until they are renovated.

I was on Summit pre-refurb, needed a little TLC, but it was still an amazing ship/cruise

We were pleased with Summits revolution. We didn't think we would like the stateroom color changes (pre cruise pictures) but we did like the changes once onboard. We were surprised that Rendezvous Lounge didn't get a facelift. The MDR facelift turned out really nice. We didn't like the looks of those high backed chairs. The Oceanview Cafe turned out nice also. 

• Like 1

Another point of view from someone who has not been on a revolutionized ship yet due to COVID cancellations.  We were on Solstice in March 2020 and think the ship was in great shape.  Also sailed her in February of 2017 right after some dry dock work, and felt the rooms were in better shape last year.  Some of the fabric items (towels, robes, sheets, curtains, even chairs in a few lounges) were tattered in 2017, and appeared to be newer/refreshed last year, so they must update as needed.  Also the restaurants on the 2020 trip held a few special lunches and dinners, that we didn’t recall from 2017.  The events sort of compensated for the lack of additional dining venues you find on the Edge and bigger Solstice class ships.  We would sail Solstice again tomorrow if we could.

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

We were pleased with Summits revolution. We didn't think we would like the stateroom color changes (pre cruise pictures) but we did like the changes once onboard. We were surprised that Rendezvous Lounge didn't get a facelift. The MDR facelift turned out really nice. We didn't like the looks of those high backed chairs. The Oceanview Cafe turned out nice also. 

I completely agree. Summit looks wonderful right now, but those high-backed chairs are a bit odd. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I'd be interested to know if there is any update on this.  I was thinking about booking the 2023 Cabo from LA on Eclipse but would prefer it to have been revolutionised.

We sailed Millenium and Equinox shortly after they were done and loved the general decor and atmosphere on board.  I worry that areas will look work and tired, particularly in the cabins, although it sounds like they have already been updating furniture around the ship. 

• 1 month later...

Hopefully,  Solstice is getting revolutionized now. Last Winter she was removed from service for Winter/Spring 2022. Her first sailing is May 6th. 

My fingers are crossed because we're sailing her in February 2023.

Anyone have any current information?

34 minutes ago, Diane&4girls said:

Hopefully,  Solstice is getting revolutionized now. Last Winter she was removed from service for Winter/Spring 2022. Her first sailing is May 6th. 

My fingers are crossed because we're sailing her in February 2023.

Anyone have any current information?

In general they have halted the Revolution upgrades.  Not sure when or if they will complete them.  There is an overall lack of capital and the amount they have is being spent on the new builds like BEYOND.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:21 AM, davekathy said:

We were on Millie last year. I remember Rendezvous Lounge looked updated. I also thought the OC turned out really nice. Not sure why Celebrity did not update Summit Rendezvous Lounge.

1112885148_RendezvousLounge.thumb.jpg.aa04725f79f29376b5f808770ab2c980.jpg

8 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We were on Millie last year. I remember Rendezvous Lounge looked updated. I also thought the OC turned out really nice. Not sure why Celebrity did not update Summit Rendezvous Lounge.

1112885148_RendezvousLounge.thumb.jpg.aa04725f79f29376b5f808770ab2c980.jpg

I know many folks that are glad that some ships were only partially revolutionized.  The new furniture is very difficult for some passengers to deal with.  It was designed more for looks than comfort or utility, and I have some friends that truly have difficulty with it.

With $20 billion dollars of debt, mounting losses of billions of $ and just after raising another $700 million to make debt repayments, can't see RCG undertaking any substantial spend on older ships other than essential maintenance for some considerable time, if ever.

1 minute ago, BigAl94 said:

With $20 billion dollars of debt, mounting losses of billions of $ and just after raising another $700 million to make debt repayments, can't see RCG undertaking any substantial spend on older ships other than essential maintenance for some considerable time, if ever.

Agree.  Some like and some hate, but E-class (EDGE, APEX, BEYOND and two more) are the ships of now and the future.  Spending billions to build but they will be the revenue producers due to much higher passenger sailing costs, high demand of the Retreat suites etc.  I can't see them "investing" on a ship that is already 10++ years old.

52 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Maybe they ran out of money after doing the Millennium. 😉