SEPTEMBER VAX REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CRUISES

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As far as I read for florida. Not Galveston. 

The title says all cruisers. .. 

Royal Caribbean always required all passengers sailing from Galveston that are 12 and older be vaccinated on their sailings.

Same with Seattle.

Same with Cape Liberty.

And now, at least for every September sailing leaving from a Florida port, the same is true for all Florida ports.

So, at least for September, one can now say "all cruises."

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

Royal has changed the info on their website to reflect sailings from Florida in September will be all vaxed for those 12 and over. Proof of vax and negative Covid 19 test required at embarcation.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

As far as I read for florida. Not Galveston. 

The title says all cruisers. .. 

That’s what the title says, but in her first post she mentions Florida.

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Negative Covid test at least 3 days prior to embarkation. If your cruise leaves on a Saturday, the earliest you can get the test is on a Wednesday. 

Not accurate. The requirement is NO MORE than three days prior to your sail date, so for a Sunday departure, the earliest you can get a test is Thursday. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not accurate. The requirement is NO MORE than three days prior to your sail date, so for a Sunday departure, the earliest you can get a test is Thursday. 

?  isnt that what davekathy basically said?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

"At least 3 days" implies 3 day minimum which is not accurate.

"No more than 3 days" implies a maximum of 3 days which is accurate.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Test Wednesday for a Saturday cruise.  Test Thursday for Sunday.  Same thing.  I will test on Tuesday for Friday departure. 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

Twangster’s point is “at least 3 days” indicates it can also be 4-5-6 days when this is not true.  “No more than 3” would indicate only days 3-2-1 are included which is correct.  Grammar matters.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

LOL ... I kept reading it and reading it thinking I was missing something (guess I was.)

I see the difference now.

Edited by poffles

49 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

No, that statement if followed would have produced a result that would be rejected as being too old to be valid (if reports from the ports are accurate). No more than 3 days and At Least 3 days are completely different.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

RCI really needs to put up a FAQ with examples. eg:

My ship is scheduled to depart from Port Canaveral at 6:00 PM on Thursday, September 9. Would a test taken at 11:00 AM on Monday, September 6 meet the requirement?

1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Just do your test three days before tou check in. 

Eg cruise check in thur at 1pm. Test has to be done no earier then mon 1pm.

No they don't use hours its just three days,  So I got my Test very early on Wednesday and Boarded in very late (we were one of the last, don't ask) Saturday.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

No they don't use hours its just three days,  So I got my Test very early on Wednesday and Boarded in very late (we were one of the last, don't ask) Saturday.

Correct...don't get caught up on the "72hrs"...its just 3 days prior...NOT 72hrs

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

My ship is scheduled to depart from Port Canaveral at 6:00 PM on Thursday, September 9. Would a test taken at 11:00 AM on Monday, September 6 meet the requirement?

They already have that:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Where and When to Get Your Test

COVID-19 testing is very common nowadays. Most local pharmacy chains offer it, and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Some additional things to keep in mind when scheduling your test:

• For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than 3 days before your sail date. How to calculate “3 days before”: The day you set sail is not included as one of the days. So for example, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday before. 
  • Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel. 
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

They already have that:

People are stupid*. You have to beat things into their heads. Have many examples. Say the same thing over and over again hoping they finally get it. I’d also change the language. Saying things like “you will be asked” or “can take” is just asking for trouble. Much better to say “you must take” etc. 

* Source: me, a stupid person. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Last I looked their website does gives examples.    Test day is day zero, so you can test no earlier than monday for a thursday sailing.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you think they will be stricter or less strict?

The florida departures page states that the vax-only policy will stay in effect until 11/1 and may be extended based on decisions by the Governments of the Bahamas and USVI.

"After September 1, 2021 and including select August departures (see details below)

The vaccine protocol communicated here applies to cruises departing Florida on or after September 1 2021, as well as Allure of the Seas departing August 22nd and August 29th; and Symphony of the Seas departing August 21st and August 29th. 

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older departing from Florida homeports must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. This is a requirement of The Bahamas and St. Thomas governments for a cruise ship to enter their waters, and is currently planned to remain in effect until November 1, 2021, at which point the policy may be updated. We remain in contact with local governments in the ports we visit and will update the policy if advised.

Guests under the age of this requirement don't need to be vaccinated and will complete COVID-19 testing requirements depending on the length and departure port of their sailing."

i am sailing on Independence from Galveston on the 12 September sailing.  I am all checked in, etc. and this morning received an email from Royal specifying the COVID protocols and i am wondering if anybody else has encountered a similar question.  It specifically said that you have to have the COVID results from an accredited lab - no doctor's note - and i am wondering if you go to the doctor's office, you don't see the doctor, you go to the lab for the test and they give you paperwork, is that considered a "doctor's note"?  I have requested from my doctor's office which lab actually does the processing or if they do it in house and whose name appears as the lab of record.  

With this new vaccine policy I find it frustrating that Royal won’t refund our deposit for our November Florida sailing.  We are Canadian so our two doses aren’t considered valid because they’re more than 42 days apart.  Now they’re saying we aren’t allowed to sail and when I try to cancel they want to give us an FCC for our deposit.  We aren’t the ones choosing to cancel, they are now saying we aren’t allowed to cruise.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The florida departures page states that the vax-only policy will stay in effect until 11/1 and may be extended based on decisions by the Governments of the Bahamas and USVI.

"After September 1, 2021 and including select August departures (see details below)

The vaccine protocol communicated here applies to cruises departing Florida on or after September 1 2021, as well as Allure of the Seas departing August 22nd and August 29th; and Symphony of the Seas departing August 21st and August 29th. 

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older departing from Florida homeports must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. This is a requirement of The Bahamas and St. Thomas governments for a cruise ship to enter their waters, and is currently planned to remain in effect until November 1, 2021, at which point the policy may be updated. We remain in contact with local governments in the ports we visit and will update the policy if advised.

Guests under the age of this requirement don't need to be vaccinated and will complete COVID-19 testing requirements depending on the length and departure port of their sailing."

Yes, I know this.  I was asking the other poster that expects changes for their 10/15 sailing what they expect or hope will change.

6 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

With this new vaccine policy I find it frustrating that Royal won’t refund our deposit for our November Florida sailing.  We are Canadian so our two doses aren’t considered valid because they’re more than 42 days apart.  Now they’re saying we aren’t allowed to sail and when I try to cancel they want to give us an FCC for our deposit.  We aren’t the ones choosing to cancel, they are now saying we aren’t allowed to cruise.

Did you call this morning now new policy is released? 

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you call this morning now new policy is released? 

No, it was yesterday afternoon so maybe I should call back. When I fought their policy they offered 50% refund/50% FCC that had to be used to book by April.  They even fully admitted my husband wasn’t allowed to sail and considered unvaccinated, and they still wouldn’t refund me 100%