OMG The Horror

dkjretired

Celebrity will just alternate the North American style bacon with the British style. 

Of course this also means the whole breakfast style will alternate too. 

Some days you get the baked beans and black pudding (do they do that?); others hash browns and pancakes. The former comes with tomato sauce, the latter with ketchup. 

And ne’r The Twain shall meet. 

Cheers, h.

Im not surprised by this. A few years ago I use to sail with Carnival and the entire buffet was self service, except for the bacon. They always had someone there to dish it out. 

You can imagine the look on my face when I sailed with other cruise lines for the first time and the serving tongs were faced outwards toward the guests. LOL

8 hours ago, canderson said:

We call yours 'Canadian Bacon' here.  You call ours 'streaky'. It's ALL good!

The Canadian bacon that I had on Silhouette was what we in UK call ham.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sammyboots said:

I agree. I lived in the US for many years and Canadian bacon is not the same as UK back bacon, it’s more like ham. 

I love British Back Bacon!  Only Cunard, Celebrity and every once in a while NCL offer it in the buffet.  We did a World cruise on Cunard's Queen Victoria and I made back bacon BLTs almost every morning.  😋

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

They should just substitute it with Vegan Bacon, my vegan friends swear it tastes just like regular bacon!

If they're vegan, how would they know it tastes like real bacon?

Are they cheating?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

They should just substitute it with Vegan Bacon, my vegan friends swear it tastes just like regular bacon!

That’s what all vegans say about those highly processed veggie meat-like substitutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

If they're vegan, how would they know it tastes like real bacon?

Are they cheating?

Nahhh, in a previous life, some of us did eat such delicacies... LOL

As for it being called 'vegan bacon' it is only to let non-vegans know that the taste and flavour might come close to what they are use to....

bon appetit and bon voyage

17 hours ago, middlehaitch said:

Celebrity will just alternate the North American style bacon with the British style. 

Of course this also means the whole breakfast style will alternate too. 

Some days you get the baked beans and black pudding (do they do that?); others hash browns and pancakes. The former comes with tomato sauce, the latter with ketchup. 

And ne’r The Twain shall meet. 

Cheers, h.

British style bacon isn't bacon. I didn't full appreciate that until I took a trip to Australia. Most of our international trips were either cruises or on our own trips where we stayed at places that didn't include breakfast. So I didn't fully appreciate how different American bacon is from other bacons. But in Australia were on a group trip that included a breakfast buffet every morning. I love good, crispy, almost burned bacon. And every morning there was a station at the breakfast buffet that listed "bacon"... but it was never bacon 😞 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

British style bacon isn't bacon. I didn't full appreciate that until I took a trip to Australia. Most of our international trips were either cruises or on our own trips where we stayed at places that didn't include breakfast. So I didn't fully appreciate how different American bacon is from other bacons. But in Australia were on a group trip that included a breakfast buffet every morning. I love good, crispy, almost burned bacon. And every morning there was a station at the breakfast buffet that listed "bacon"... but it was never bacon 😞 

s - it is bacon as they know it, their style which like a few other food items are very different than we know them as...

Travel will provide a good insight as to other food preferences and desires for different meals... that is for sure.

bon appetit and bon voyage