The Daily for Thursday August 26, 2021

richwmn

A busy day on the Daily.

@JazzyV Vanessa, contragulations on your appointment for your booster.  Unless they change it to 6 months after the secnd shot, we will be due in late Octorber.  Never thought I'd look forward to getting a shot.  😄💉

@grapau27  Graham, after the second day, I was beginning to wonder if you had gone away.  Glad you could celebrate at sea.  

@Sharon in AZ  Have a safe trip to Seattle and a wonderful cruise.

@durangoscots  Great news that the fund raiser was a success.  Even better, a senior dog found a home.  👋

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @dfishand @Quartzsite Cruiser.  Happy news for a change this week.  Yeah, the keyboard is built into the laptop so no replacing that.  And when you're typing your hands can touch the touchpad even when you don't want to do that.  No wonder the cursor was flying around all the place!

• Like 12

Good afternoon.  Just back from getting our 2nd Shingrix shots.  Now regular flu jabs next month and 🤞Pfizer boosters in October.  Then we will be armed and ready to 🛳 😍🥂

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Prayers the treatment works for her too 🙏🏻 

MY Sister had stage4 breast cancer.Had her left breast removed and went through Chemo and she survied and that was 15yrs ago. 

So there is hope for your friend Sending prayers for her.

Jim

• Like 18

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you bennybear.

For our 40th wedding anniversary we spent 4 night's on P&O Britannia doing a seacation cruise around the South coast of England.

We dined every night in the Epicurean speciality restaurant which was fantastic.

Pauline doesn't like me saying when we are away.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

Oh that is a lovely way to celebrate.  No wonder the food looked so nice 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tyler is doing fantastic!  Thanks for asking.  He says he has no pain in his back or legs, just a little discomfort in the incision area.  I'm so glad there wasn't any damage to his nerve.

Wonderful news.  Thanks for sharing.  Hope he continues to improve.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Catching up here a little bit after working in the yard.  It's really hot out there today.

@StLouisCruisers, glad things have quit jumping around.  That really is a frustrating thing to have happen.  And good to hear that young Tyler is doing well!!

@garlictown, my nephew lives in Oahu and he has been sending me articles featuring politicians over there calling for a "time out."  We have been trying to schedule a visit with him, but things are not good there right now.  I'm sure they will begin requiring a test again, as well as vaccination.  He thinks they will just close to tourists for awhile.  I'm glad you got your nice vacation in during the window of opportunity.  Hawaii is such a special place.

@grapau27, you and Pauline continue to amaze.  Keep posting your wonderful photos.  They offer a delightful escape.

@cat shepardand @bennybear, prayers for your loved ones going through a tough journey.  I have great faith in modern medicine.   They have amazing tools in the drawer now.

Well, that's all the break I get.  Back to pulling and planting.  🥵

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Ann, praying for your friend. How long are the chemo treatments?

This is her first week of twelve weeks. Then a break, tests and a second yet-to-be-determined course. 

She has a tough time with drug allergies. She can’t even take Tylenol and Motrin. Luckily her doctor was prepared and had a back up plan today, since 15 minutes into treatment this morning my friend had an allergic reaction. So far she is tolerating the backup drug. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

This is her first week of twelve weeks. Then a break, tests and a second yet-to-be-determined course. 

She has a tough time with drug allergies. She can’t even take Tylenol and Motrin. Luckily her doctor was prepared and had a back up plan today, since 15 minutes into treatment this morning my friend had an allergic reaction. So far she is tolerating the backup drug. 

Good that your friend's doctor had a backup plan.  It sounds like she is in for a rough time, but hopefully, the drugs will work, and it will be worth all she has to face.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

MY Sister had stage4 breast cancer.Had her left breast removed and went through Chemo and she survied and that was 15yrs ago. 

So there is hope for your friend Sending prayers for her.

Jim

Thank you, Jim. She is a feisty woman.

This is the first time in the decades that I have known her that she admitted she was scared. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you bennybear.

For our 40th wedding anniversary we spent 4 night's on P&O Britannia doing a seacation cruise around the South coast of England.

We dined every night in the Epicurean speciality restaurant which was fantastic.

Pauline doesn't like me saying when we are away.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

Fantastic way to spend your 40th Anniversary!  BTW, Craig doesn’t like me posting about being gone either so tell Pauline she isn’t alone. I just do it anyway and don’t tell him. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good that your friend's doctor had a backup plan.  It sounds like she is in for a rough time, but hopefully, the drugs will work , and it will be worth all she has to face.

Lenda

She has a great medical team on her side. She finds that comforting. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Does your friend live in the Baltimore area?  Is there extensive travel involved in the treatment?

Roy

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dfish said:

We didn't say we'd be right back to my sister's dog, Moose.  We always told him to guard the castle.  He had a job to do while we were gone.

When I had to leave Bear, my wonderful German Shepherd, I’d tell him to guard the house. He didn’t mind me leaving if he felt he was on duty. One day I dashed to the store for cream and my DM showed up early for coffee. Bear was beside himself. He was trying to welcome his Grandma and stop her from going to the house at the same time. She said he kept peering anxiously down the driveway hoping I’d get back and solve the dilemma.😂

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sounds like she has great doctors. I’m sure she will need your support during this time. Praying for her treatments to be a success. 🙏

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

A busy day on the Daily.

@JazzyV Vanessa, contragulations on your appointment for your booster.  Unless they change it to 6 months after the secnd shot, we will be due in late Octorber.  Never thought I'd look forward to getting a shot.  😄💉

@grapau27  Graham, after the second day, I was beginning to wonder if you had gone away.  Glad you could celebrate at sea.  

@Sharon in AZ  Have a safe trip to Seattle and a wonderful cruise.

@durangoscots  Great news that the fund raiser was a success.  Even better, a senior dog found a home.  👋

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Great collection of days today and will celebrate Dog Day the most. 
6721C5B0-EAC9-4BA8-8BC3-4FA7CB68B6F5.thumb.jpeg.f80a3450378d23bdf8aeca34605b084c.jpeg

As you can see Blue rules the roost. 

I have some last minute things to do today before our early flight tomorrow morning so I’m keeping this short. Have a great day everyone!

PS~~I’ll try and post when I can but probably won’t read much of the Daily while I’m gone. I like to disconnect while on vacation. And I’m not a “Live From” type of poster on CC, I’m happier staying here on the Daily. 

Hope you have a great flight and fantastic cruise.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sending our prayers 🙏and best wishes for your friend in this difficult time for her.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Catching up here a little bit after working in the yard.  It's really hot out there today.

@StLouisCruisers, glad things have quit jumping around.  That really is a frustrating thing to have happen.  And good to hear that young Tyler is doing well!!

@garlictown, my nephew lives in Oahu and he has been sending me articles featuring politicians over there calling for a "time out."  We have been trying to schedule a visit with him, but things are not good there right now.  I'm sure they will begin requiring a test again, as well as vaccination.  He thinks they will just close to tourists for awhile.  I'm glad you got your nice vacation in during the window of opportunity.  Hawaii is such a special place.

@grapau27, you and Pauline continue to amaze.  Keep posting your wonderful photos.  They offer a delightful escape.

@cat shepardand @bennybear, prayers for your loved ones going through a tough journey.  I have great faith in modern medicine.   They have amazing tools in the drawer now.

Well, that's all the break I get.  Back to pulling and planting.  🥵

Thank you for your kind words.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_114622.jpg

IMG_20210824_180633.jpg

IMG-20210822-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20210822-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210822-WA0002.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21

44 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

When I had to leave Bear, my wonderful German Shepherd, I’d tell him to guard the house. He didn’t mind me leaving if he felt he was on duty. One day I dashed to the store for cream and my DM showed up early for coffee. Bear was beside himself. He was trying to welcome his Grandma and stop her from going to the house at the same time. She said he kept peering anxiously down the driveway hoping I’d get back and solve the dilemma.😂

That's funny.  It sounds like Bear took his job seriously.  Moose just took advantage to crawl up on the couch and take a nap.  He wasn't allowed on the furniture.  One day the parents of the woman who lived in the cottage to the left hand side of the house came.   Moose was not going to let them on the property, so I guess he did  do his job.   

• Like 17

Good afternoon.  Those of us who aspire to sail on the BHB, that is the blue hulled beauties of Holland America, have you noticed other lines turning from the traditional white hulls?  Celebrity has gone back to a blue color.  Looks like Carnival is using a blue bow with white hull.  Royal has been using a light blue on its largest ships.  

• Like 10