Parking Car at Newark Airport

njgirl

2 hours ago, njgirl said:

Any advice / recommendations of where to park your car (safe & not overly expensive) at Newark Airport to catch a flight for a cruise leaving from Florida?

Official short term lots that are located by each terminal are $44 a day with easy access to the terminal. Thats where I usually park if I have a biz trip that I have to fly from EWR which isn't often. They have longer term lots at P4 (with the Airtrain access) for like $38 a day and a lot that requires a bus for $21 the first day and $10.50 each day after that. 

Offsite lots abound and there are too many to name (and I don't have much experience with them because I always try to avoid parking at the airport). Not knowing where you live, it could just be easier to take a car service or train (there is an Amtrak stop at EWR). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You beat me to the punch. 

Exactly -  airport parking costs have reached the point where, except for very short trips, car service or train and taxi make a lot more sense than driving and parking.  - Especially when you consider the often less-than-convenient transition from lot to terminal.

It depends on the airport.

When I fly, my local airports are Boston Logan or TF Green in Providence.

At Logan, the off airport lots really aren't that convenient to begin with. The one I used to use now appears to charge around $25 a day. Parking at the airport is $38 a day ($25 a day with reservation, economy is still closed).

At TF Green, most of the offsite lots are closed. On airport parking ranges from $17-$32 depending on location. There is a third garage, the furthest from the terminal (longer walk) that is $10 a day with a reservation.

Pre covid we used CORPORATE PARKING...i think technically it's  in Elizabeth...i think Virginia Street...10 min from airport...they have vans that take you to your terminal. Inside and outside parking.  They used to have coupons online. Used them for over 30 years.  Check and see if they still exist. Gated, guarded lot.

Just now, Mrs f. said:

Pre covid we used CORPORATE PARKING...i think technically it's  in Elizabeth...i think Virginia Street...10 min from airport...they have vans that take you to your terminal. Inside and outside parking.  They used to have coupons online. Used them for over 30 years.  Check and see if they still exist. Gated, guarded lot.

Just checked google...says on Jefferson Street

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Mrs f. said:

This is the one I've used in the past.

Whenever we have flown from Newark, the flights have been so early that we would have to leave say around 4-5 AM. So we have always found motels with a shuttle that have a rate for an overnight stay with allowing you to leave your car and a shuttle to and from the airport.

They have generally been in Elizabeth. I'd recommend one, but the one we used last was not so great, The one we liked and generally used was sold to Red Roof Inn, and no longer had that feature.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you cruised already but I’m a frequent traveler out of EWR. I park at The Parking Spot - Haynes because they are closest and have very frequent shuttles. I think they’re up to $19.99/day now but if you join their frequent guest program (Spot Club) it’s cheaper and they offer a AAA discount 5-10% (see how little one knows about cost when someone else pays🤣).

ABC Parking is also close with frequent shuttles. Also Airport Long Term Parking not to be confused with long term parking at the airport. When I used to park for leisure travel I could score better deals booking through https://airportparkingreservations.com/search/ewr?checkindate=2022-04-24&checkoutdate=2022-05-02&date=2021-11-30&token=1d8d1238-51a3-11ec-a1ca-f30b8bec4b0c rather than directly with the vendors.  It also lists all the lots around the airport with prices and ratings. 

Sorry I’m so late to the party.  If I was unable to help you, hopefully someone else will benefit. If you’ve already sailed, I hope you had a wonderful time!

Edited by WanderingRN84

On 8/27/2021 at 2:04 PM, njgirl said:

Thanks all of you that replied.

My Question is:

Can anyone recommend an off site parking lot at EWR that they used and were happy with?  Need to park for 2 weeks.

Thanks!

If you were able to find a safe lot at $25 per day, you are talking $325 - where do you live in Jersey that would cost you much more than $162 to get to the airport (even more, if you were planning to get to the port before embarkation day)?

7 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

If you were able to find a safe lot at $25 per day, you are talking $325 - where do you live in Jersey that would cost you much more than $162 to get to the airport (even more, if you were planning to get to the port before embarkation day)?

You don't have to live that far from EWR to equal or exceed $162 . I live  about 45 minutes away and the limo service I prefer charges over $175 including tolls and tip. Yes. I'm sure I can go for less with another company, but the point is that you don't have to live in far corner of the state to exceed $162, particularly with the price of gasoline being so high. 

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You don't have to live that far from EWR to equal or exceed $162 . I live  about 45 minutes away and the limo service I prefer charges over $175 including tolls and tip. Yes. I'm sure I can go for less with another company, but the point is that you don't have to live in far corner of the state to exceed $162, particularly with the price of gasoline being so high. 

Agreed - our preferred car service from CT to JFK runs about $175 - but for someone interested in limiting cost, alternatives are worth pursuing.

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2021 at 5:04 PM, princeton123211 said:

Official short term lots that are located by each terminal are $44 a day with easy access to the terminal. Thats where I usually park if I have a biz trip that I have to fly from EWR which isn't often. They have longer term lots at P4 (with the Airtrain access) for like $38 a day and a lot that requires a bus for $21 the first day and $10.50 each day after that. 

If you are referring to EWR's P6 lot I didn't there was a price drop after the first day.  I thought the rate was $21/day.  This is the lot I usually use for about 15 day or less travel. More than that I do limo service.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, njgirl said:

Any advice / recommendations of where to park your car (safe & not overly expensive) at Newark Airport to catch a flight for a cruise leaving from Florida?

Thanks so much

!

Trinity reservations for park sleep fly! Used em several times a great savings.

• Thanks 1

The Parking Spot - Haynes is clean, reasonably safe, and reasonably cheap.  I've used it many times.

They can have issues with courtesy van driver staffing, esp in the late evening.  Very good in the morning for early flights.

(The place I really liked was the Parking Spot - McClellan, about two miles south. Valet parking, your car would be warmed up, with the trunk open, under cover of a roof, when your van arrived in the parking area.  That's now closed, I understand.)

22 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

The Parking Spot - Haynes is clean, reasonably safe, and reasonably cheap.  I've used it many times.

I have used the Spot and the Parking Spot before covid.  The Spot is no longer there.  When I checked the Parking Spot at Haynes, it was $28 a day.  NOT reasonable.

This month we are parking at the Renaissance Hotel for $15 a day.  They have very good reviews.

23 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

I have used the Spot and the Parking Spot before covid.  The Spot is no longer there.  When I checked the Parking Spot at Haynes, it was $28 a day.  NOT reasonable.

This month we are parking at the Renaissance Hotel for $15 a day.  They have very good reviews.

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...