Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I do not know if it because of the pandemic or just being a suite but the service has been like nothing before. We ordered room service for lunch after it was delivered by our butler they called to make sure everything was good. The consierge called to see if we needed anything from him. I have never had this service before. Our waiter in Luminae last night, Nicolas said he will be our waiter for every meal no matter where we sit, I like that since he knows what we like. We ordered a glass of the Bordeaux wine $15, and the sommelier opened a new bottle and our glass was never empty, no extra charge,  the wine was excellent and we love good wines. There is no reason with Premium drink package to ever order a bottle. I think we ended up drinking the whole bottle BTW.

I'll be in Blu so not sure whether the same wine will be available but would you please let me know the name of it so I can try to order it?  Thanks!  

Nevermind....I just saw the answer.

Sue

Edited by MartinsCruise

15 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

I'll be in Blu so not sure whether the same wine will be available but would you please let me know the name of it so I can try to order it?  Thanks!  

Nevermind....I just saw the answer.

Sue

The one we had in Luminae was Mouton Cadet, my app shows no French wines available in Blu, but you may be able to ask for it. Murano has a Chateau Amour Cru Bourgeois at $15 a glass which we will try tonight. It seems every restaurant has a different wine by the glass list but plenty under $15. 

Edited by terrydtx

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

So how did you get crab cakes for room service lunch?  I have not seen them on a room service menu. And good to hear about the champagne.

They are on the Suites room service all day menu, not the best ever but still good.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Here are pictures of our Sky Duite 2153 aft facing with huge balcony and full size table and chairs. Lorenzo set the table up for breakfast this morning on the balcony. We will do this every morning now.

20210827_114411.jpg

20210827_114458.jpg

20210827_114503.jpg

Hi Terry,  Thanks for all the great info. We will be in the same cabin on the other side in Nov and have a couple of questions. Is there any noise from above, or from the adjoining suite?  Is there only one reclining chair and ottoman on the balcony? Just wondering Lorenzo would bring another if asked, and if it would fit? Glad to hear the food, service, and wine is great! We can’t wait to stare at the wake. Happy cruising 😀

23 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Hi Terry,  Thanks for all the great info. We will be in the same cabin on the other side in Nov and have a couple of questions. Is there any noise from above, or from the adjoining suite?  Is there only one reclining chair and ottoman on the balcony? Just wondering Lorenzo would bring another if asked, and if it would fit? Glad to hear the food, service, and wine is great! We can’t wait to stare at the wake. Happy cruising 😀

Some noise from Ocean View above us after about 7am, not annoying. No noise from adjoining cabin at all.There is room for second lounge chair and from my limited experience so far I bet they would bring a second one if available. They seem to do what ever they can to make suite guests happy. Here is the wake with sound.  With door closed you do not hear the noise of the wake.  This cabin is awesome as is the Equinox. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

Just an observation.  The balcony dividers seem very “flimsy” and not very private.  I remember a time when sailing on HAL in the PS on the Amsterdam and that class of ship that the huge balcony was totally surrounded by steel walls.  No gap at the top or bottom. 

‘Even in the PS on the Summit class ship I’ve always felt that the divider could have been of a better quality for more privacy.  Granted, that’s a first world problem in that suite.

6 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Just an observation.  The balcony dividers seem very “flimsy” and not very private.  I remember a time when sailing on HAL in the PS on the Amsterdam and that class of ship that the huge balcony was totally surrounded by steel walls.  No gap at the top or bottom. 

‘Even in the PS on the Summit class ship I’ve always felt that the divider could have been of a better quality for more privacy.  Granted, that’s a first world problem in that suite.

You have total privacy unless you stick you head around it to see your neighbors.  You have thick plexiglass that is totally opaque. You would have to be 7ft tall to see over it.

16301838102281333533757639579543.jpg

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Some noise from Ocean View above us after about 7am, not annoying. No noise from adjoining cabin at all.There is room for second lounge chair and from my limited experience so far I bet they would bring a second one if available. They seem to do what ever they can to make suite guests happy. Here is the wake with sound.  With door closed you do not hear the noise of the wake.  This cabin is awesome as is the Equinox. 

Thanks so much Terry!

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

The one we had in Luminae was Mouton Cadet, my app shows no French wines available in Blu, but you may be able to ask for it. Murano has a Chateau Amour Cru Bourgeois at $15 a glass which we will try tonight. It seems every restaurant has a different wine by the glass list but plenty under $15. 

I'm starting a list to see what I can get.  Your new position on board is a pre-cruise sommelier. 😁🍷

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Thanks Terry. I didn't know there was a special suite room service menu. We typically don't use room service, but with a suite menu, we just might. 

It is really nice menu but Lorenzo told us whatever you want, from room service I will do my best to get it for you. He is earning a nice gratuity from us so far.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

You have total privacy unless you stick you head around it to see your neighbors.  You have thick plexiglass that is totally opaque. 

16301838102281333533757639579543.jpg

@goldsmip115's concern appears to be the gaps above and below the dividers. While I've never stayed in a suite, no balcony on any ship I've sailed has had a completely sealed, floor to ceiling divider. I suppose that would preclude someone peeping over or under the divider, but given the open nature of balconies, wouldn't provide much additional privacy otherwise.

3 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

I'm starting a list to see what I can get.  Your new position on board is a pre-cruise sommelier. 😁🍷

When you download the Celebrity app you can see all the restaurants wine lists online and so far it is very accurate to what they have. Huge difference between classic  and premium packages wine quality and offerings. 

Just now, Fouremco said:

@goldsmip115's concern appears to be the gaps above and below the dividers. While I've never stayed in a suite, no balcony on any ship I've sailed has had a completely sealed, floor to ceiling divider. I suppose that would preclude someone peeping over or under the divider, but given the open nature of balconies, wouldn't provide much additional privacy otherwise.

You would have to be laying on the ground to see under the divider there is maybe 6 inches of gap.

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When you download the Celebrity app you can see all the restaurants wine lists online and so far it is very accurate to what they have. Huge difference between classic  and premium packages wine quality and offerings. 

I'll check it out.  We have the premium package and I don't mind paying a little more to try different wines.  

1 minute ago, MartinsCruise said:

I'll check it out.  We have the premium package and I don't mind paying a little more to try different wines.  

As we go along I will try to do better with my wine lists.  BTW the stream internet is slooooow, I am so use to my 5G.

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Pictures of us leaving Nassau.  In port today was  Mariner of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas and the Crystal Serenity. 

20210828_160423.jpg

20210828_160637.jpg

IMG_20210828_160515.thumb.jpg.466780a0d9e9e491e5ad626cf7fca27a.jpg

My view as well 😄

<Atlantis (pink) on the left>

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

As we go along I will try to do better with my wine lists.  BTW the stream internet is slooooow, I am so use to my 5G.

Truly appreciate you making the time to share your experience!  I’m not sailing again until May 2022 and this really gives us something to look forward to.  Enjoy!!

• Like 1