Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

26 minutes ago, Sascol said:

We are in the ship 4 weeks from today. Curious about your thoughts on the reduced capacity. Is it awesome or does it feel kind of kill the atmosphere?  Just want to know how different the experience feels. Thanks. 

The Martini Bar is still the place to be!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Thank you. We're getting closer to Medicare, but not quite there. I'm semi-retired and DH will semi-retire shortly before our October cruise😊 We have mostly sailed in Veranda & Concierge cabins, along with two suites (one way back before Luminae existed). Our second suite was just before shutdown. We made our Equinox booking aboard that cruise. Compared to current prices, we got a fabulous deal on a corner aft SS, so we'd definitely hate to give it up. We can only hope capacity will still be controlled in December😉 We had a SS booked on Edge for last May, on which we planned to celebrate our 30th anniversary in the Greek Isles. We had made final payment before the shutdown. We used the FCC from that cruise to book a similar SS on our October Edge cruise, on which we'll have our belated 30th anniversary celebration. Next year we have four Veranda cabins booked (mostly Sunset Verandas). That said, should we love our suites, it's possible we may upgrade. Don't tell DH I said that😂

We lost my beloved mother to an unexpected medical issue when she was only 60, and this week we mourn my BIL, who succumbed to a dreadful movement disorder at 60. We have had ample evidence that we shouldn't wait for some magical "perfect" time to follow our dreams. We fully intend to make final payment if we see no evidence of another shutdown.

Good for you and hope that you have a FANTASTIC cruise!!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, LisaDee said:

Would you mind posting a photo of the suite room service menu?  Thanks!

If you have access to the Celebrity App you can view the Room Service menu along with other menus. On the App bring up the current Equinox sailing and click on Dining. Scroll across the top to the Loyalty and Suites tab and then look on the left for Room Service Suites. Both Breakfast and All Day Dining are listed. 

13 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

If you have access to the Celebrity App you can view the Room Service menu along with other menus. On the App bring up the current Equinox sailing and click on Dining. Scroll across the top to the Loyalty and Suites tab and then look on the left for Room Service Suites. Both Breakfast and All Day Dining are listed. 

And we can all just continue to enjoy reading any updates these good folks decide to post while enjoying their vacations.  I will say someone asked for a photo of their cabin door for an upcoming cruise 🙄

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

And we can all just continue to enjoy reading any updates these good folks decide to post while enjoying their vacations.  I will say someone asked for a photo of their cabin door for an upcoming cruise 🙄

I asked for a photo of the cabin from the OUTSIDE. I don't think the door of the cabin from INSIDE the ship qualifies...

Edited by SonuvaBeach

16 minutes ago, LisaDee said:

@RICCruisers  thanks!   I didn’t realize I could look up sailings I’m not on.  We board the Edge in October for our first Celebrity cruise and I’m beyond excited to learn everything I can.

I certainly understand. I was like a little kid in a candy store when I boarded Edge for the first time😎 You may want to also check out this great Edge review by @graphicguy Also check out the lovely Edge review by @Ken the cruiser

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, LisaDee said:

@RICCruisers  thanks!   I didn’t realize I could look up sailings I’m not on.  We board the Edge in October for our first Celebrity cruise and I’m beyond excited to learn everything I can.

@LisaDee Many people don’t realize they can follow along current cruises that are supported on the App. Lots of the questions about menus, activities and hours are listed. 

I saw you are on Edge in October. We recently booked the 10/16 Edge cruise. Will we see you onboard?

• Like 1

We did lunch today in Sushi on 5. Great service and food. My wife a non sushi lover found plenty of non sushi to eat. Another nice wine and Sake by the glass menu that is not in the Celebrity app. Everything under $15 is covered by PDP. i can rrecommend the Dassai Sake, it was delicious 

20210829_120118.jpg

20210829_120129.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I saw you are on Edge in October. We recently booked the 10/16 Edge cruise. Will we see you onboard?

No, we are on the 10/30 sailing so we’ll miss you unless I can persuade DH to tack on a couple more for a B3B 😀.  We just booked recently as well, I wasn’t planning on cruising that month (we have other land trips already booked plus a Dec cruise which would have been our first one since Dec 2019) but after reading all the trip reports and live reviews I just couldn’t wait any longer and added this one to our schedule.  The prices in Oct seem reasonable, they tick up afterwards.  And with the lower capacity they’re currently sailing at I think this will most likely be our best cruise ever.

Enjoy!  I’ll look forward to reading about your experience.

1 minute ago, LisaDee said:

No, we are on the 10/30 sailing so we’ll miss you unless I can persuade DH to tack on a couple more for a B3B 😀.  We just booked recently as well, I wasn’t planning on cruising that month (we have other land trips already booked plus a Dec cruise which would have been our first one since Dec 2019) but after reading all the trip reports and live reviews I just couldn’t wait any longer and added this one to our schedule.  The prices in Oct seem reasonable, they tick up afterwards.  And with the lower capacity they’re currently sailing at I think this will most likely be our best cruise ever.

Enjoy!  I’ll look forward to reading about your experience.

Smart move, this current small capacity cruising we may never see again. We do not like crowds and waiting in lines which is why we never sail in the mega ships.

23 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Last night because it was our 50th anniversary,  when we came back from Dinner our room steward and Retreat Host had decorated our cabin. It was an expected surprise. 

20210828_201405.jpg

20210828_201442.jpg

20210828_201449.jpg

20210828_201512.jpg

How incredibly nice. Enjoy the rest of your cruise you two Love Birds!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Last night because it was our 50th anniversary,  when we came back from Dinner our room steward and Retreat Host had decorated our cabin. It was an expected surprise. 

20210828_201405.jpg

20210828_201442.jpg

20210828_201449.jpg

20210828_201512.jpg

Expected or not….lol…..how lovely !

congratulations ! 

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Corrections on Retreat Concierge managers and Luminae manager

Retreat Concierge Jonathon and Yuliia

Luminae manager Aurica

I know there are at least a couple of Yuliia's on Celebrity. Is this the one that used to be a bartender at the World Class bar? Fun girl. 

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

I know there are at least a couple of Yuliia's on Celebrity. Is this the one that used to be a bartender at the World Class bar? Fun girl. 

I think she mentioned being a bar tender before. She is really super.

4 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Thank you, Jim! Where did you find these?

A website called cruise deck plans dot com.    They have both a free and members only log.   I  signed up years ago and got a lifetime membership for about $10.00   Now they charge 8.99 for one year or 14.99 for 3 years.

They  also pay  50  cents per stateroom picture or 25 cents for other pictures.  

The show all the deckplans for most cruise lines and then if there are pictures or movies they have a symbol on the cabin.    I use it all the time.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

We will be in Cabin 7305, not a Sunset Veranda, but just around the corner, next to the Sky Suite. If you could, would you be kind enough to take an OUTSIDE photo of the cabin? I can not find any online pics. Thanks!

We were moved from deck 6 to this cabin last week.  We haven't seen any pictures of the cabin either, but looks like it has a nice size balcony.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A website called cruise deck plans dot com.    They have both a free and members only log.   I  signed up years ago and got a lifetime membership for about $10.00   Now they charge 8.99 for one year or 14.99 for 3 years.

They  also pay  50  cents per stateroom picture or 25 cents for other pictures.  

The show all the deckplans for most cruise lines and then if there are pictures or movies they have a symbol on the cabin.    I use it all the time.

Jim, anything you can pass on of  do's and dont's I will be sailing on the Equinox 10/29/21. Traveling with friends, probably going with the speciality dining package for all 9 nights. Any pic you could provide of Martin Bar or World class bar would be appreciated, my 2 favorite night time hangouts while during daylight hours I hang at Cafe Al Bacio. 61 days for me and counting.  I would have liked to sail sooner, but still recovering from my hip replacement.Tomorrow will be the first day I drive to PT since my surgery , watch out all you drivers on 101,ha ha.

Norma H20cruzer

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Corrections on Retreat Concierge managers and Luminae manager

Retreat Concierge Jonathon and Yuliia

Luminae manager Aurica

Auri is awesome. We were on one of her first cruises as Luminae manager several years ago. Amazing she is still there this long.