Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

21 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm on sunset verandah.

What would you like to know?

🙂

We will be in Cabin 7305, not a Sunset Veranda, but just around the corner, next to the Sky Suite. If you could, would you be kind enough to take an OUTSIDE photo of the cabin? I can not find any online pics. Thanks!

For the Foodies here. We had dinner in Murano last night. I had the porcine and Morrell mushrooms risoto and the diver scallop wellington appetizers. My wife had the phyllo baked pear and the scallop. I loved the risotto could eat more, but the scallop was not impressive, the scallop filling was sliced scallop that tasted real fishy. The rest of the appetizers was delicious.  We both had the crusted rack of lamb and they were as good as i have had in any restaurant 

Here are pictures of the food

20210828_183707.jpg

20210828_184210.jpg

20210828_184231.jpg

20210828_191014.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We figure we have X number of good travel years ahead of us and already lost 1 1/2 years to the pandemic. If we, you or anyone waits for Covid to end none of will ever travel again, reality is Covid may be with us forever.

I agree completely. I have had several life threatening injuries over the years and understand the  "X number of years left" concept better than most. We are making a final payment soon on 35 day cruise to Tahiti/ French Polynesia. Friends say we are crazy to pay. I say we are crazy if we DON'T pay. A close friend , just 4 years older than I, just died of pancreatic cancer..funeral yesterday. We are GOING!

Also, We will be in Cabin 7305, not a Sunset Veranda, but just around the corner, next to the Sky Suite, similar to if not identical to cabin 2149.  If you could, would you be kind enough to take an OUTSIDE photo of the cabin? I can not find any online pics. Thanks!

Looking forward to reading about  the rest of your trip...we will be on September 17!

HAPPY 50TH Anniversary!

Edited by SonuvaBeach
  • Like 4

For those with standard internet (ie: surf from always included), can you post your speeds from Google speed test?

And the day/time you took it?

Want to compare to my upgraded 'stream' internet.

Currently 8/29 10am, I'm getting 2 mb/sec download.

Thx

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Cruising under current smaller capacity is something we may never see again, no crowds anywhere and sanitation like we have never seen on a ship. Notice no Norovirus outbreaks. When we were deplanning in FLL a woman told us we were crazy to be on a cruise ship petri dish. I told her 100% adults vaccinated on a ship was safer than being in a grocery store or restaurant where 50% or more are unvaccinated. She tried to give me more lip and the gentleman behind us said to her and "you just got off a long tube where no vaccination or testing is required and you sat next to 2 strangers, so you think a cruise ship is a petri dish?"

We each need to make our own decisions,  but we both feel so much safer than back home for the next 9 days.

I agree with you about the current sailing capacity, which is why DH and I made an impulsive booking on an October Edge cruise. We'd have booked an earlier sailing if our work schedules had allowed it. We also have a December booking on Equinox. We're much more concerned about the flights and the FL hotel than we are about being aboard a Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

The Oceanview just isn't crowded.  40% pax is pretty darn decadent.  I don't expect this next year so I'm just wallowing in the experience while I can.  It's wonderful!  I've said repeatedly I feel safer aboard a Celebrity ship than on land.  I feel X has done the best job for safe sailing.  All adults are vaxed and if there are any more children, they seem to be well hidden.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I want to add , I do not know your circumstances,  but I retired last year at 70 from a job I really liked my wife is same age and retired 3 years ago. This is our first suite cruise thanks to 125% FCC from canceled Celebrity Cruises.  Previously we sailed Aqua or Concierge. Financially we are able to travel anywhere we want, anyway we want and when we want.  We figure we have X number of good travel years ahead of us and already lost 1 1/2 years to the pandemic. If we, you or anyone waits for Covid to end none of will ever travel again, reality is Covid may be with us forever.

I hope you decide to make your final payment and take your upcoming cruise. We have met a lot of CC members on this cruise and everyone of them are happy they took this cruise and none I have talked with, feel unsafe.

Thank you. We're getting closer to Medicare, but not quite there. I'm semi-retired and DH will semi-retire shortly before our October cruise😊 We have mostly sailed in Veranda & Concierge cabins, along with two suites (one way back before Luminae existed). Our second suite was just before shutdown. We made our Equinox booking aboard that cruise. Compared to current prices, we got a fabulous deal on a corner aft SS, so we'd definitely hate to give it up. We can only hope capacity will still be controlled in December😉 We had a SS booked on Edge for last May, on which we planned to celebrate our 30th anniversary in the Greek Isles. We had made final payment before the shutdown. We used the FCC from that cruise to book a similar SS on our October Edge cruise, on which we'll have our belated 30th anniversary celebration. Next year we have four Veranda cabins booked (mostly Sunset Verandas). That said, should we love our suites, it's possible we may upgrade. Don't tell DH I said that😂

We lost my beloved mother to an unexpected medical issue when she was only 60, and this week we mourn my BIL, who succumbed to a dreadful movement disorder at 60. We have had ample evidence that we shouldn't wait for some magical "perfect" time to follow our dreams. We fully intend to make final payment if we see no evidence of another shutdown.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

But, now you’ve gone and done it…I’m perusing fares on the Celebrity site, again!

Booook the cruise. You know you want to book the cruise. Gazing into my crystal ball, I see you lounging on a beautiful ship, listening to the wake, and thinking up interesting ways to exercise your PALL🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

At sailaway, I saw two well-behaved young ladies, under 12, by the pool with their mom.  Both were masked.  Only children I have seen.

i have only seen on teen maybe 16 or 17.

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Nothing has been said about limits on use any Retreat venues. The UK cruises are sailing under different rules than US ones.

Curious as to what protocol the UK cruisers are using.   This is the first I've read of that.

58 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

@terrydtx…..looks wonderful. Congrats and Happy Anniversary to you and your beautiful bride.  Thanks for sharing.

But, now you’ve gone and done it…I’m perusing fares on the Celebrity site, again!

My favorite TV quote "Book'em Dano"

We are looking at an Edge sailing in January.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious as to what protocol the UK cruisers are using.   This is the first I've read of that.

I will not take this thread of track by commenting here, but head over here and we'll be happy to share the details...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

We will be in Cabin 7305, not a Sunset Veranda, but just around the corner, next to the Sky Suite. If you could, would you be kind enough to take an OUTSIDE photo of the cabin? I can not find any online pics. Thanks!

I didn't find any for 7305 but this is one from 7354 same cabin but Starboard.

7024.webp

7025.webp

If you can swing it, now is an awesome time to cruise for the shipboard experience.  You are SERVED in Oceanview.  We all have war stories about things we wish we hadn't seen up there.  I hope the serving continues as the standard operating procedure. Four in an elevator is crowded.  How many times I've kvetched about waiting for an elevator from Deck 3 up to 12 and then it stops at every floor.  At 40%, it's like being an executive with a private elevator!  Right now the port stops aren't thrilling, but I've been there and done that an am cruising solely for the shipboard experience.  Pricing is very good next month so "I'll  be back" (another great movie line).

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sascol said:

We are in the ship 4 weeks from today. Curious about your thoughts on the reduced capacity. Is it awesome or does it feel kind of kill the atmosphere?  Just want to know how different the experience feels. Thanks. 

Love the less crowded venues, like being on smaller ship