Live from Equinox 8/27/21 Sailing

Beba-Beba

11 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I want to add , I do not know your circumstances,  but I retired last year at 70 from a job I really liked my wife is same age and retired 3 years ago. This is our first suite cruise thanks to 125% FCC from canceled Celebrity Cruises.  Previously we sailed Aqua or Concierge. Financially we are able to travel anywhere we want, anyway we want and when we want.  We figure we have X number of good travel years ahead of us and already lost 1 1/2 years to the pandemic. If we, you or anyone waits for Covid to end none of will ever travel again, reality is Covid may be with us forever.

This is exactly the thought process my parents are taking.  They have followed all the guidance over the last year.  They limited going out other than when it was necessary and got vaccinated as soon as we could get them scheduled.  They wore/wear their masks when they are not able to be socially distant.  My dad turns 94 this coming Wednesday and his traveling days are obviously closing.  I spoke with my parents this past Friday just to be sure they still wanted to go with the recent CDC guidance against cruising and they're still all in.  Dad said he wanted to do whatever can while he can still do it.  So, the good lord willing, we're just 4 negative Covid tests away from setting sail in a week. And my husband and I are looking forward to it as much as my parents. 

• Like 20

42 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

Jim, anything you can pass on of  do's and dont's I will be sailing on the Equinox 10/29/21. Traveling with friends, probably going with the speciality dining package for all 9 nights. Any pic you could provide of Martin Bar or World class bar would be appreciated, my 2 favorite night time hangouts while during daylight hours I hang at Cafe Al Bacio. 61 days for me and counting.  I would have liked to sail sooner, but still recovering from my hip replacement.Tomorrow will be the first day I drive to PT since my surgery , watch out all you drivers on 101,ha ha.

Norma H20cruzer

Norma -

I will be posting a Live review for the 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox cruises.    I'll post a bunch of pictures and will try to fill all requests.    I will probably fire it up around Wednesday or Thursday with the per-cruise testing and some of the preliminaries. 

We fly out on Saturday out of SFO. 

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Norma -

I will be posting a Live review for the 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox cruises.    I'll post a bunch of pictures and will try to fill all requests.    I will probably fire it up around Wednesday or Thursday with the per-cruise testing and some of the preliminaries. 

Looking forward to your posts !!! 

Thank You

(we are on the 9/26 Equinox sailing - can't wait !)

I read on another thread that the captain reported tonight that 2 guests and 1 crew member tested positive.  All are fully vaccinated.  Close contacts are being tested and isolated.  The affected 3 will debark in Aruba.  The transparency is refreshing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Auri is awesome. We were on one of her first cruises as Luminae manager several years ago. Amazing she is still there this long. 

Yesterday at 6pm the captain reported we have 2 passengers and one crew member who were experiencing Covid symptoms have tested positive for the virus.  They and all close contacts are being quarantined and retested. All 3 will be leaving the ship when we dock in Aruba tomorrow and transported home. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Norma -

Jim, thanks for being the official correspondent for our Sept 5 cruise.

5 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Jim, thanks for being the official correspondent for our Sept 5 cruise.

5 days and counting and I could not be more ready.   

TerryDTX has really been getting me excited about getting back on a ship.  I love his writing style and  perspective.    

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

TerryDTX has really been getting me excited about getting back on a ship.  I love his writing style and  perspective.    

Thank you Jim for the kind words.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I look forward to it. You and lain have a safe flight into FLL.

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

the WiFi has been down most of the day. The stream package is so slow and spotty   i would hate the AI surf package. If you need internet connections for work forget it.

Terry. Sorry you are having wifi trouble. Just post what you can. What ever we can get is a plus.

49 minutes ago, robinsra said:

If possible can you see if Johnnie Walker Black is on Premium package? Last list I saw didn't have it listed. Thanks so much

i am sitting in the Martini bar and just asked  the answer is YES. Black  Red and White

20210830_150917.jpg

20210830_150947.jpg

16303507777357421966979386410520.jpg

Edited by terrydtx

Last night dinner in Luminae was unimpressive terrible choices of Entrees.  So I tried the Daniel Baulud Signature Moroccan chicken and if this is his Signature dish I can't see how his restaurant stays in business,  it was dried tasteless over cooked chicken and the first real dinning miss so far.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

So I tried the Daniel Baulud Signature Moroccan chicken and if this is his Signature dish I can't see how his restaurant stays in business,  it was dried tasteless over cooked chicken and the first real dinning miss so far.

I wonder if it was the same menu as the night I almost made that mistake, fortunately I was warned off by another unfortunate who had arrived earlier so I ordered something from the MDR menu.

Has anyone actually enjoyed that option?

21 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I wonder if it was the same menu as the night I almost made that mistake, fortunately I was warned off by another unfortunate who had arrived earlier so I ordered something from the MDR menu.

After I ordered, I notice a lot of dinners ordering from the MDR menu, it had rack of lamb that looked just like the ones we had in Murano. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thanks!  I'll add it to my list.  They used to also serve a Cherry Tart Pino Noir that was decent.  

We have enjoyed the Cherry Pie…..( seriously the wine lol)

it is also a Pinot…

please feel free to try….but please save some for us in November lol

cheers

Brockmom

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

I haven't tried the entree but I love the desert.