The Daily for Sunday August 29, 2021

richwmn

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I visited bats at Carlsbad Caverns NP. Also had one in the house years ago, that frightened me.  Had to have someone come, then seal up the area where it got in. More herbs and less salt is good for us all in meal preparation.

Great quote.

The meal is nice but carby; could be made with zucchini slices instead of noodles. I like the drink and wine.

I sailed by Cristobal as we exited the Panama Canal, but there was no stop. 

I'm feeling much better today. I started sweating last evening and realized my fever broke. No more muscle aches or any of the other symptoms. Now I have to fight with the CVS, as their record shows it was shot #2, not #3. I went there this morning and the guy just said there's a glitch in the system! I'm going to email corporate. Medical records need to be accurate.

@grapau27 So sorry to hear your vicar has Covid. Hopefully he doesn't get too sick.

@JAM37 Hoping your DH is feeling better.

@TiogaCruiser Have a good trip!

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear Brenda is still so weak.

@mamaofami So sorry all the insurance stuff is so stressful; you did the right thing in hiring someone.

@smitty34877 Thanks for the precious photo of Miss Camilla.

@HAL Sailer Welcome back. So sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. I'm praying for your DH's health challenges.

@Sharon in AZ Looks good! Thanks for checking in.

Prayers for the care list, all in the path of Ida, our troops and those lost, and the people of Afghanistan. 

Cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, wear your mask, and social distance if needed.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

After having a meltdown over the insurance issues and filing a complaint with the state insurance board, I’ve decided to try to hire someone to deal with the LTC company for me because it’s causing me a lot of stress that I could do without.Rather than feel defeated, I feel I’ve done the best I could with it and it’s time to take care of me..

I think that is a an excellent idea, Carol 👍 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday from the Nieuw Amsterdam!

We are at the Pinnacle Grill having breakfast. 

5C5823C5-00AB-4CB3-850B-6226D15959E5.thumb.jpeg.dc055c61609f3c25b88a4cfd96d4a556.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

What a lovely way to start the day 🙂. Enjoy the PG and time on the BHB.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I held this one back for a day when the news is just so hard to take in.

She is just the cutest!

She sure is.  Absolutely precious 👍 

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I haven't posted since Christmas 2020 nor even looked at CC till recently. Losing two friends to Covid just before vaccinations were available and my DH's increasing health challenges including three falls have occupied my days and, truthfully, at times had me feeling underwater.

DH's recent completion of ten weeks of physical therapy and the addition of a walker that folds sideways to allow use in narrow passages give me the hope that time aboard a BHB might be possible again. 

So, I began 'lurking' a week ago and have been catching up by reading the months of The Dailys I'd missed. Until my DH's situation is more certain, it's too soon to book a BHB  but I'm again ready to send my greetings to all.

And, send our prayers for those in Ida's path... 

Welcome back.  So sorry you have been through so much 😔 Glad to hear your DH has been improving.  We’re here to give you any support we can ♥️ 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I haven't posted since Christmas 2020 nor even looked at CC till recently. Losing two friends to Covid just before vaccinations were available and my DH's increasing health challenges including three falls have occupied my days and, truthfully, at times had me feeling underwater.

DH's recent completion of ten weeks of physical therapy and the addition of a walker that folds sideways to allow use in narrow passages give me the hope that time aboard a BHB might be possible again. 

So, I began 'lurking' a week ago and have been catching up by reading the months of The Dailys I'd missed. Until my DH's situation is more certain, it's too soon to book a BHB  but I'm again ready to send my greetings to all.

Welcome back!!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I'm so sorry to hear you had 2 friends die with Covid19 and your husband has not been very well.

We also have lost a number of friends with Covid19 so I can understand your grief.

I hope your husband's health improves significantly and you are able to cruise again in the future.

This thread is very friendly and helpful and will certainly improve your spirit.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@HAL Sailer, Welcome  to  this  very supportive  group. I  am  glad  you  are  doing  better and  that  your  DH  is  improving. May  we  all  see  BHB's  in  our  future!

@grapau27, sorry  to  hear  about  the  Vicar  but  hope  he manages  well  through  the  illness.It  looked  like  a  cloudy,rainy  day near  your  beach  today  but  just  love  the  pictures. I  will  have  to  take  some  outdoor  pictures  here  when  the  sun  returns.

Thank you for your best wishes for our vicar David.

It was 56°F cloudy with a little rain today so we stopped in the car for an hour then went home for lunch.

Graham.

• Like 9

Good morning and thanks all!  
@cat shepard that wine sounds really interesting!  
@grapau27 love seeing your local photos,  takes me away.  Would love to see other daily ites local areas!    Prayers for your vicar,   My best friend in school is one and married one as well😄

@mamaofami good for you!  I think insurance is purposely trying to evade paying. 
@smitty34877oh she makes my heart sing! 
@HAL Cruisersorry you have been going through such a hard time, welcome back! 
@Sharon in AZ enjoy for me! 

We’ve done a partial transit but don’t think we made it to Cristobal,  just Gatun lake. 

Some of the local ospreys,  I wouldn’t want to take that first flight,  the parents are working overtime feeding these not so little guys!  

6259D689-1066-4F10-893C-629DD6512F09.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Some very good news to share today. We have been enjoying Seattle for the last 2 weeks awaiting the birth of our next granddaughter. DD and dear SIL are proud parents of third daughter born 08/28/2021 @Swedish Hospital, Cherry Hill. All are well. And,  when calling my Mother in AZ to share the great-grandchild news, I learned that nephew Wil, and his group from the 82nd Airborne are safe. Prayers for Graham and Pauline’s Vicar, the best to Sam and his new vaccinated aide, hope for Carol’s insurance outcome, and smiles for Sharon’s Pinnacle Grill breakfast. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Some very good news to share today. We have been enjoying Seattle for the last 2 weeks awaiting the birth of our next granddaughter. DD and dear SIL are proud parents of third daughter born 08/28/2021 @Swedish Hospital, Cherry Hill. All are well. And,  when calling my Mother in AZ to share the great-grandchild news, I learned that nephew Wil, and his group from the 82nd Airborne are safe. Prayers for Graham and Pauline’s Vicar, the best to Sam and his new vaccinated aide, hope for Carol’s insurance outcome, and smiles for Sharon’s Pinnacle Grill breakfast. 

Congratulations on this wonderful news! 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@cat shepard that wine sounds really interesting!  
@grapau27 love seeing your local photos,  takes me away.  Would love to see other daily ites local areas!    Prayers for your vicar,   My best friend in school is one and married one as well😄

@mamaofami good for you!  I think insurance is purposely trying to evade paying. 
@smitty34877oh she makes my heart sing! 
@HAL Cruisersorry you have been going through such a hard time, welcome back! 
@Sharon in AZ enjoy for me! 

We’ve done a partial transit but don’t think we made it to Cristobal,  just Gatun lake. 

Some of the local ospreys,  I wouldn’t want to take that first flight,  the parents are working overtime feeding these not so little guys!  

6259D689-1066-4F10-893C-629DD6512F09.jpeg

Thank you Bennybear.

Our vicar seems well.

These are a few recent photos from our local area.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210829_194830.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194802.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194635.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194611.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194551.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194454.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194310_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210829_194425.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Some very good news to share today. We have been enjoying Seattle for the last 2 weeks awaiting the birth of our next granddaughter. DD and dear SIL are proud parents of third daughter born 08/28/2021 @Swedish Hospital, Cherry Hill. All are well. And,  when calling my Mother in AZ to share the great-grandchild news, I learned that nephew Wil, and his group from the 82nd Airborne are safe. 

Very good news indeed! Congratulations to the family. Also wonderful to hear that Wil and his group are safe.

• Like 11

Today's alternate dinner suggestion is my final dinner on the Crystal Symphony on the Grand Alaska-Panama trip.  It is Assorted Lettuce Leaves, Grilled Black Angus Fillet Mignon, and Strawberry Ice Cream, all coming from the "Crystal Classics" section of the menu.  I always take my salads without dressing:

https://morethangetaways.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/dinner0829.pdf

dishes29.jpg

Roy

• Like 22

36 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Congratulations!

Wonderful news regarding your nephew, Wil.

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Great news on both counts.

Welcome back @HAL Sailer.

Roy

• Like 12

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all. I see bats at night here and I am glad that they stay high up in the trees and eat insects.I rarely use salt but love herbs in my cooking

The recipe sounds great but we are  grilling veggies and burgers for our extended  family tonight.It is cool and cloudy today.

@kazu,enjoy your family visit!I have DB and DSIL stopping by for lunch tomorrow  and so look forward to it.

Someday I will see the Panama Canal.

I am also very worried  about all the people  in Ida's path as well as all of those trying to get out of Afghanistan. 

a picture of Miss Camilla taken a week ago 

5248.jpeg

IMG_2393 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2397 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2399 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2404 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2409 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2412 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2414 (2) - Copy - Copy.JPG

IMG_2415 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2416 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2417 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2420 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2421 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2422 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2423 (1) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2424 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2427 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2431 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2436 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2443 (2) - Copy.JPG

IMG_2444 - Copy.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

Congratulations, you two!🎉🥂🎈

• Like 10

Great news today!  Congratulations on the new granddaughter. 🎈

Glad Will and his group are safe. 🥂

Lenda

• Like 10

Wonderful news all around.  Thank you for sharing and brightening the day for us all.

@mamaofami Insurance companies complicate the issue on purpose as most people will simply give up and pay.   Congratulations to you on persevering and hiring someone to take care of this and not let them off the hook.  Sometimes, they get the message and then don't mess with you later.  It took me a year to get my insurance company to pay an ER bill for a kidney stone.  We were at the point where I threatened legal action and suddenly they figured out how to pay it.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Wonderful news about the new granddaughter!  Congratulations to all of you.👶

And I'm so happy to hear your nephew and his unit are safe.  Great news!

• Like 8

Hello all and thanks for the daily report.  Cheers to bats who due so much good and get such a bad rap.  Using fresh herbs from the garden in our first pot roast of the season since its on the cool gray side today.  Great quote today, sometimes it’s overwhelming to look at the end result rather than focus on the tasks at hand.  Have not been to today’s port but it’s on the bucket list. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and congratulations to all celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 13