The Daily for Thursday September 02, 2021

richwmn

24 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Thanks!

He still doesn't know, I have all the luggage tags and documents, I really don't think he's going to figure out something is up until we step off the elevator on deck 7 instead of 4. 

Bon voyage and have a great cruise.  Hope DD remains in the dark until you get to the cabin.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Good morning, a quick check in today.  It's our last full day at home before we sail.  We lost yesterday, the covid tests were a full day endeavor.   Only have today and tomorrow morning to finish the last of the packing and other odds/ends.

Prayers to all that are having weather challenges.  Thoughts and prayers for everything/everyone else.  Thanks to all the listers.  Please keep us in your prayers for a safe cruise.  

Will check in again upon our return, with some pictures I hope. 

Have a great Labor/Labour Day weekend everyone!

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise.

I'm sure your dad will be delighted with your upgraded cabin.

Graham

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! VJ Day is an important date to always remember. Thank you @grapau27for explaining Calendar Adjustment Day! 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family!
Hello @billfishwelcome to the Daily!
@CrabbyPattipraying all is well. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy 54th Anniversary. Now that is “sticking

power “!

It is a lovely morning here. Another Fall teaser. Today is back to the doc day. Hoping I lose two pounds as quickly as the British and their colonies lost 11 days. Would love to lose the brace and start therapy. I have a tiny bit left in my file project. Should finish up today. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Paltrinieri 2019 Radice (Lambrusco di Sorbara)Central Italy

Not a huge Lambrusco fan, but this superbly rated sparkling wine deserves further investigation.  Several online distributors with prices starting at $19.99.

Winemaker Notes

#21 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

The Radice Lambrusco di Sorbara is a salmon pink colorwith very fine and persistent perlage. Notes of raspberry and grapefruit on the nose with freshness and marked acidity on the palate.

WE95 Wine Enthusiast: Made by carrying out the second fermentation in the bottle, this radiant, lightly sparkling wine opens with heady aromas of citrus, violet and a yeasty whiff of bread dough. Bone-dry and delicious, the energized palate delivers tart sour cherry, juicy pomegranate, pink grapefruit and white pepper alongside crisp acidity and a savory hint of saline. One bottle probably won’t be enough. Editors' Choice.

I developed a new appreciation of Lambrusco when we spent a week in the region,  there are many dry and off dry versions.  Much different to the Riunite on ice, nice, of the 70’s! 

this is a recent buy,  yummy,  slightly off dry,  think bubbly rose.  

90 Points Wine Enthusiast

Lovely, fresh and lightly sparkling, this vibrant, delightful wine opens with heady violet and red berry scents. The refined, almost ethereal palate delivers crushed raspberry, strawberry, tangerine and ginger notes alongside tangy acidity.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f663693d32999b1e2822e6f7f71cc4b.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sweet photos of the twins' first day back to school.  My DD teaches 4th (or sometimes 5th) grade students and she loves that age.  They still adore their teachers!

Her baby Austin is 13 years old today and this was his first day back to school last week.  8th grade Catholic school.  enhance

Looks like he's got a Beatle's haircut this year!  

Happy 13th birthday to Austin today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow, already page 5.  Such a lot going on!  @sailingdutchy, I'm so sorry Natascha will miss her visit to you, hope everything clears up and she can make it a little later.  @mamaofami, do take care of yourself after that fall.  Happy Anniversaries to those celebrating, now I am thoroughly confused....  I need to write notes to myself as I read the posts so I can respond properly.  Welcome, newcomers!  And Bon Voyage, @atexsix, good luck with the big surprise.  We definitely want to see pictures!  And for those in the East getting hit by Ida, please send a bit this way.  Now we just have the "possibility of rain" on Saturday.  

Pat is going now for his first physio session.  He got mad at me yesterday for posting that his game of golf caused the bad shoulder!  He will be very disappointed if he has to give it up for a while.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
Today was going to be such a wonderful day when after 19 months our DD was coming home to visit us from Rye, NY until I saw the warnings last evening on my iPad of flash flooding and tornado warnings in her area because of the tropical storm Ida.

After I emailed her at about midnight and asked if they were OK there I received a message back half an hour later : Dad I can not come tomorrow our home is like an island with water all around us the water is about two and a half feet high the brand new car of our DSIL has water up to the door handles and the new 3 door garage is surrounded by a couple of feet of water . The crawlspace below the house has a couple of feet of water and some water is seeping into one of the windows ……..

About 15.000 homes in Rye according to police estimates are under water and they told us to shelter into place. The crawl space where the furnace is is filled with water and we can’t go down there due to live wires . We are unable to flush toilets and don’t trust tap water ……….

Sorry dad I have to cancel my flight ………….

Natascha 

😢😢

This is dreadful news.

Sending prayers 🙏 for your daughter and son in law.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all,  I’m behind,  and will read later today.  I got  distracted by the wine and the port.   We’ve spent six weeks in Crete one of our favourite places so I’ll share some spots near Heraklion, which is not my favourite!  If you visit Crete do yourself a favour and spend at least two weeks!  It’s a massive island. 

E189BC33-E8AB-40DB-80D3-E8555D6FC446.jpeg

9C9793F3-5959-4224-8213-91EF6BD4CB66.jpeg

419FB525-1E4D-474E-B257-2D1F54E2302D.jpeg

4E718A5F-3D37-456E-939F-78067FB3D520.jpeg

45D9D3D1-51B7-46C5-AFD7-38B85740E6E7.jpeg

AFBED7EF-F322-411D-8E80-3A71FBD072D2.jpeg

B5CEC0CA-E576-4FCA-BA0D-E8D3D00924E7.jpeg

EB1D3B3D-35B3-4AE7-89ED-BE00A1FB58C4.jpeg

11C89DF1-FDCA-482B-A123-17F5105C728C.jpeg

FDC15B99-29ED-4622-B3E4-60A80E268A15.jpeg

6297C11F-98EE-48B9-80E2-B8AA1B852A95.jpeg

9BCEB4A1-B3B4-470A-AEB4-ACB3EB64967E.jpeg

• Like 25

24 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all,  I’m behind,  and will read later today.  I got  distracted by the wine and the port.   We’ve spent six weeks in Crete one of our favourite places so I’ll share some spots near Heraklion, which is not my favourite!  If you visit Crete do yourself a favour and spend at least two weeks!  It’s a massive island. 

E189BC33-E8AB-40DB-80D3-E8555D6FC446.jpeg

9C9793F3-5959-4224-8213-91EF6BD4CB66.jpeg

419FB525-1E4D-474E-B257-2D1F54E2302D.jpeg

4E718A5F-3D37-456E-939F-78067FB3D520.jpeg

45D9D3D1-51B7-46C5-AFD7-38B85740E6E7.jpeg

AFBED7EF-F322-411D-8E80-3A71FBD072D2.jpeg

B5CEC0CA-E576-4FCA-BA0D-E8D3D00924E7.jpeg

EB1D3B3D-35B3-4AE7-89ED-BE00A1FB58C4.jpeg

11C89DF1-FDCA-482B-A123-17F5105C728C.jpeg

FDC15B99-29ED-4622-B3E4-60A80E268A15.jpeg

6297C11F-98EE-48B9-80E2-B8AA1B852A95.jpeg

9BCEB4A1-B3B4-470A-AEB4-ACB3EB64967E.jpeg

Nice photos.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thanks for the good wishes.

I'm surprised with all that is posted to be included in both lists, you can keep everything in order as well as you do.

Lenda

PS I would prefer the hot chocoate to the pea soup anyday.  😁

I'm surprised too, it's a big job to keep us all straight but Roy does a great job!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Not sure I've ever been so late. Thanks Rich for the Daily.

Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to Sandi's grandson, and Bon Voyage to Bruno and others. Prayers,  Cheers and Blessings! 

I jumped out of bed and completed chores by 7:30. Fed our birds again as the "herd" of bucks came thru last night and wiped us out. Our neighbor caught them on the deer cam and said the deer were taking turns drinking out of the bird bath.

Allen for whatever reason is craving beef vegetable soup. I had shredded and frozen pot roast, so just ran to market for veggies and baguette. Done with that!

We had an awesome time at the Tina Turner tribute last night. This gal is fabulous and engaged with audience. I'll see if I can post the picture of her coming over to sit on Allen's lap. You can see Allen was kinda shocked!!

Fired our lawn mower this morning. They are new, there is a language barrier and they are not good at mowing or proper billing. We are #6 in letting them go. A shame but no time for emailing back and forth.

Mahjongg tonight and looking forward to Happy Hour!

21442.jpeg

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Added photo
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 13th birthday to Austin today.

Thank you for your wishes for Austin.  I'll try to phone him after school today, but he's such a quiet boy it may be a short conversation.  But we at least have to sing Happy Birthday to him and ask what their dinner plans are to celebrate.🎂

• Like 11

3 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:
Today was going to be such a wonderful day when after 19 months our DD was coming home to visit us from Rye, NY until I saw the warnings last evening on my iPad of flash flooding and tornado warnings in her area because of the tropical storm Ida.

After I emailed her at about midnight and asked if they were OK there I received a message back half an hour later : Dad I can not come tomorrow our home is like an island with water all around us the water is about two and a half feet high the brand new car of our DSIL has water up to the door handles and the new 3 door garage is surrounded by a couple of feet of water . The crawlspace below the house has a couple of feet of water and some water is seeping into one of the windows ……..

About 15.000 homes in Rye according to police estimates are under water and they told us to shelter into place. The crawl space where the furnace is is filled with water and we can’t go down there due to live wires . We are unable to flush toilets and don’t trust tap water ……….

Sorry dad I have to cancel my flight ………….

Natascha 

😢😢

That is horrible. I hope they will be alright.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday from the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

C810295C-B9AA-4A8B-B5CF-C10435B7BB76.thumb.jpeg.9b4475a0eb10ec60371142c50a0cdb98.jpeg

Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.  I saw Rudi Sodamin as we entered but didn’t realize it was him until he was long past us. 
A774EB1D-6A83-4BC6-ACF0-D441214282FB.thumb.jpeg.4f6914f1a142922b18c0b5ab73382838.jpeg

3E4C71A2-51D7-428D-9B85-22C688B42464.thumb.jpeg.5198d96edb4646068fc3590a2c4ebb54.jpeg

Have a great day!

Your breakfast looks very good!  It's mid afternoon here but I could go for some of that right now!

So happy you're enjoying your cruise, and thanks for the photos.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

2 hours ago.

Hammond River is raging.  the little islands are getting buried.

F582C3B8-0A1D-4A4B-B645-48AFFE88F4CB.jpeg.afcd63351514160d4b7b7ae5387371ee.jpeg

this one is from 2 hours ago and now the road is closed.  It’s totally flooded.

AE5F2AB6-0BF2-4600-BA81-4927BFB2BC66.jpeg.f5e893c663faa4ad0dbc412acb0ba247.jpeg

What a horrible storm this has been!  I'm sorry for all who have been caught up in all the flooding and tornadoes.

• Like 4

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

What a horrible storm this has been!  I'm sorry for all who have been caught up in all the flooding and tornadoes.

So agree.  We have no subways here like New York so no one is stranded there.  People have been told to stay home.  And, of course a warning light came on the car that can’t be ignored.  No way am I trying to drive the car in with hydroplaning risk (not to mention you shouldn’t drive with the warning light on).  CAA to the rescue.  2. Hour wait with all the accidents and flooded vehicles.  The appointment is for tomorrow so it works 😉 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Just had to pop back in because we got the most fabulous news this morning!  Our son and daughter-in-law will be moving from Pasadena up to Bellevue, WA next year and we couldn't be more thrilled!

DDIL works for Disney but since they wanted to move her and other Imagineers to Florida, she's been looking for other work.  We never dreamed it could be somewhere closer to us -- DS hasn't lived near us in about 25 years!  His work allows him to work from home nearly anywhere in the country, so it will all work out.  The reason for waiting to move is the new company is all working from home anyway so they think it may be early-mid 2022.  🙂

I don't know if I'll ever come down off the ceiling. 😄😄

• Like 25

23 minutes ago, kazu said:

2 hours ago.

Hammond River is raging.  the little islands are getting buried.

F582C3B8-0A1D-4A4B-B645-48AFFE88F4CB.jpeg.afcd63351514160d4b7b7ae5387371ee.jpeg

this one is from 2 hours ago and now the road is closed.  It’s totally flooded.

AE5F2AB6-0BF2-4600-BA81-4927BFB2BC66.jpeg.f5e893c663faa4ad0dbc412acb0ba247.jpeg

Stay safe and praying  for no damage. The neighbors across the street from us, here in Florida, had Louisiana relatives evacuate  to their house. Neighbors brother’s house in La. was totally split in two by a large tree! They have all driven back here as they are without power in La.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5