No more mailed luggage tags

39august

1 minute ago, 39august said:

Just got off the phone with CC who advised me that X will no longer mail out luggage tags. So far, mine are not yet available to print and we are 20 days out. 

We are 23 days out and ours are not available yet either. eDocs are also not available. Did they tell you when they would be available to print? 

Mine were included in the cruise booklet that I received last Thursday, 9/2 for my Edge cruise which is this Saturday, 9/11.  I was previously told by my travel agent that I would not receive any luggage tags directly from Celebrity but would get them from the porter in Ft. Lauderdale.  It was a nice surprise to receive them the other day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I plan to call One Touch tomorrow and see what they say. Have gotten them mailed for every X cruise we have taken since we started X in 2017.  So much sturdier than the home printed ones from the on-line cruise docs booklet. 

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

Actually, I plan to call One Touch tomorrow and see what they say. Have gotten them mailed for every X cruise we have taken since we started X in 2017.  So much sturdier than the home printed ones from the on-line cruise docs booklet. 

They stopped sending out tags in the UK years ago.

We received our e-docs on August 19th for a cruise departing on September 17th.  We have already received our mailed luggage tags for that cruise.  I've just measured those tags.  They are 1" wide  and 14" in length.

I also bought a set of the plastic holders from Amazon several years ago.  Very sturdy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We received our e-docs on August 19th for a cruise departing on September 17th.  We have already received our mailed luggage tags for that cruise.  I've just measured those tags.  They are 1" wide  and 14" in length.

I also bought a set of the plastic holders from Amazon several years ago.  Very sturdy.

How long is the 'business end' of the tag that shows cabin# and deck location that needs to be visible?

Why do you need mailed tags?  Print them out. Put your name on them and fold. 

Put them on when you get to port or have person staple them when you turn your luggage in. Been using this method for years. Yes,  cruise average 7 times a year. It is safe. Put two per bag if you want. 

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why do you need mailed tags?  Print them out. Put your name on them and fold. 

Put them on when you get to port or have person staple them when you turn your luggage in. Been using this method for years. Yes,  cruise average 7 times a year. It is safe. Put two per bag if you want. 

Maybe because Celebrity used to offer that service?  Not everyone has a printer at home.  I don't. I use one at work.  I tried buying an ink jet but found it stopped printing because I didn't use it enough.

• Like 3

Just now, zitsky said:

Maybe because Celebrity used to offer that service?  Not everyone has a printer at home.  I don't. I use one at work.  I tried buying an ink jet but found it stopped printing because I didn't use it enough.

Maybe - yes cruise lines did alot of things before. But, with PnL, cutbacks are a must. I understand your lack of a need for a printer. Just wait until you get to the port. The porter will provide you with them. 

14 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Maybe - yes cruise lines did alot of things before. But, with PnL, cutbacks are a must. I understand your lack of a need for a printer. Just wait until you get to the port. The porter will provide you with them. 

And if having tags before hand is absolutely necessary for some reason, and you don't have a printer at home, there are office supply stores and other locations where one can have them printed if you don't want to ask a friend, neighbour or relative. So many possible solutions.

I've read this before (even pre covid) on another thread earlier when limited cruising resumed this year. Ohers posted they had the option (USA and Canada) to order the luggage tags and received them. The time frame to do so appears to be less days to do so pre covid. 

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I bought these on Amazon a few years ago.  I think they were for Viking.  I think the luggage tags for Celebrity might be longer and more narrow?  I'll compare the sizes.

wrong size, you need this size:  https://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Holders-Waterproof-Clear-Tag-Zip-Seal-Etag/dp/B083TMWHK7/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2YBW05G8GY5GV&dchild=1&keywords=royal+luggage+tag&qid=1631041012&sprefix=royal+lug%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-8

43 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

And if having tags before hand is absolutely necessary for some reason, and you don't have a printer at home, there are office supply stores and other locations where one can have them printed if you don't want to ask a friend, neighbour or relative. So many possible solutions.

Usually, your local public library has printers for public use

• Like 2

It’s an event worth celebrating when the luggage tags arrive!

We would miss them greatly.

Its easy to print them yourself, OR the luggage porters will tag them at the pier, so lots of ways to solve the problem but it’s FUN, FUN, FUN to get them in the mail….

• Like 6