Speculating when "Fully Vaccinated" means having the "3rd" booster shot.

MikeKl

3 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Thank you... it was NEVER touted as 100% to avoid infection. However, the likelihood that one would not experience hospitalization and/or death is drastically improved. It works just fine.

No vaccine protects you from becoming infected.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No vaccine protects you from becoming infected.

I am putting you on the spot , but what is your professional opinion on the booster? I am on the fence and I guess until my pulmonologist says I need it I may hold off.  I would love to know your thoughts and appreciate them,. You can contact me at the below email address if you do not want to answer publicly. I have been retired from nursing now for a year so not in the "know" as I was before.

vlrothwell at prescriptiontravel dot com.

35 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

My GUESS is that we are headed to a world where people get an annual Covid/Flu combo shot, and cruisers will be required to have the current or previous year’s shot to cruise. 

At what point does RCL and the other cruise lines have so much debt because of this that they file BK? The current path will not work long term.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I don’t think they will bother with booster requirements unless the CDC makes them jump thru that hoop. Can you imagine the mess they would have, trying to figure out when the booster is needed, since everyone got them at different times?

I personally think they will depend on those of us vaccinated keeping up with it for ourselves. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just my opinion. That and $8 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 😂

To add to that, the time interval may not even be the same for the various vaccines.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I work in healthcare and am due to get the booster at the end of the month (or as soon as they're available), so I'll be all set!  

as @zekekelsopointed out, it's very likely that this will take the same course as the 1918 flu pandemic.  That's why we have a booster every year: although the shots aren't perfect, the main goal of the shot is to lesson your symptoms or chance of hospitalization if you do wind up with COVID.  My guess is each year, the shot will be tailored to whatever strain will be dominant that year as well, much like the flu shot.

*As*

We received our 3rd shot on August 26. It was added to our original CDC vaccination card. We went on Symphony on Saturday, at checkin the girl had to check with another rep about what date to put in her records for our last shot. They went with the date of our 2nd shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Curious to know, if you don't wish to share I understand, did they update your existing CDC card to reflect booster date/batch # or give you another card?

I received my Moderna booster last week at CVS. They just added it to my existing card. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We received our 3rd shot on August 26. It was added to our original CDC vaccination card. We went on Symphony on Saturday, at checkin the girl had to check with another rep about what date to put in her records for our last shot. They went with the date of our 2nd shot.

8 minutes ago, shari3 said:

I received my Moderna booster last week at CVS. They just added it to my existing card. 

Same, they just add it to your existing card. Was wondering how they are going to react at the port when they see a card with 3 dates on it...are alarms going to go off...flashing red lights....lol...glad you were the guinea pig 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Since the current definition of fully vaccinated is “2 doses of mRNA vaccine or one dose of adenovirus” a 3rd shot less than 14 days prior to embarkation would make no difference on ability to board. 

I maintain, given a choice of when to time your third dose, I would not receive it within 14 days of sailing. This is the vaccine requirement as currently stated for my cruise this week. 

"Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing." 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What is the. 9.20 date that was pushed back?  Immune compromised people have been able to get pfizer or moderna booster for a couple weeks.

I'm an RN, my hospital has told us we won't be getting access on 9/20 but hopefully in the near future. So yes, pushed back. It's a little frustrating because I'm seeing plenty of people getting third doses who don't meet the requirements but that's just how it goes.

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm an RN, my hospital has told us we won't be getting access on 9/20 but hopefully in the near future. So yes, pushed back. It's a little frustrating because I'm seeing plenty of people getting third doses who don't meet the requirements but that's just how it goes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/31/cdc-nearly-1-million-covid-booster-shots-have-already-been-administered-in-us.html

7 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I maintain, given a choice of when to time your third dose, I would not receive it within 14 days of sailing. This is the vaccine requirement as currently stated for my cruise this week. 

"Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing." 

In medical terms, final dose refers to the last dose of the primary series. This should not be confused with last dose which would be the most recent dose, either the most recent of the primary series or a subsequent booster.

However, I understand your point and to be safe from some RCI rep not understanding properly I might tend to follow your advice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Curious to know, if you don't wish to share I understand, did they update your existing CDC card to reflect booster date/batch # or give you another card?

In my experience, they prefer to add it to your first card if they can. The handful of people in my life who have already gotten their booster, it was always added to the first card.

In my case, Walmart used stickers big enough to cover 2 lines for the lot numbers, so my 4 lines of space was fully covered. Walgreens gave me a 2nd card, crossed off where it said 1st dose and wrote in 3rd. I'll be carrying around two cards now when I travel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, raiannon said:

In my experience, they prefer to add it to your first card if they can. The handful of people in my life who have already gotten their booster, it was always added to the first card.

In my case, Walmart used stickers big enough to cover 2 lines for the lot numbers, so my 4 lines of space was fully covered. Walgreens gave me a 2nd card, crossed off where it said 1st dose and wrote in 3rd. I'll be carrying around two cards now when I travel.

That was silly of walgreens to use large stickers.  I guess everyone that got their cards laminated will now get a 2nd card too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I took in my card that had my first two doses which had stickers. After the shot they hand wrote on my card but had a couple of numbers that were a store code or something. I also received a email notification from CVS that I had received my third dose. I think I should be good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

My husband is on day 8 of symptoms and each day it is worst. I on the otherhand have mild symptoms but tbh have not been sick in 20 years, 

Sorry for you all, my brother and wife had it too and I had a mild case before I got the shots...but my older brother died before he could get them, sad for us.  If he had he might still be here.  Hope your hubs gets over it quickly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

I am putting you on the spot , but what is your professional opinion on the booster? I am on the fence and I guess until my pulmonologist says I need it I may hold off.  I would love to know your thoughts and appreciate them,. You can contact me at the below email address if you do not want to answer publicly. I have been retired from nursing now for a year so not in the "know" as I was before.

vlrothwell at prescriptiontravel dot com.

I don't have an opinion yet. But I will say that I've never been a fan of one size fits all medicine. I'll leave it at that for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Again, not a problem for me, I take a flu shot every fall!  Just add it into the cocktail...

As an RN, I give flu shots every year.  Right now it is a quadrivalent vaccine which has incorporated 4 different viruses in it.  A few years ago it was a trivalent until an unexpected strain popped up.  I would imagine that in the future Covid-19 will be added to this mix for your annual inoculation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was told by my physician that it is recommended  to get the booster 6 to 8 months after the date that you were fully vaccinated.  This will be another nightmare because everyone has a different starting date as to when they got the first two doses.  I can't wait for the confusing emails and website updates.   

8 hours ago, bajathree said:

Same, they just add it to your existing card. Was wondering how they are going to react at the port when they see a card with 3 dates on it...are alarms going to go off...flashing red lights....lol...glad you were the guinea pig 🙂 

I also have the backup paperwork showing my 3rd date. There should be no issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoyalC said:

At what point does RCL and the other cruise lines have so much debt because of this that they file BK? The current path will not work long term.

I concur.  If they're filling ships to 35-50% now, what will another 'hoop' drive that number down to?

We, as hard-core cruisers, will go thru a lot to get on a ship; the general public?  Probably not.  So many vacation options out there, and many of them don't necessitate these ridiculous protocols.  Heck, even Celebrity is an attractive option....hope RCCG realizes that in the near future.

• Like 2