The Daily for Sunday September 12, 2021

richwmn

11 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Thanks everyone. I have printed my boarding passes, selected my seats and suitcase is packed. This is my first trip without my service dog in forever. I will miss her. Usually I have driven to ports or taken the train. This will be the most flights and layovers I have experienced in 20 years. And add to that, I have to leave here at 3am to drive over the coastal mountain range to make the 6am flight. Watch out deer, I am coming through.  

Safe travels!

• Like 12

Good afternoon everyone!

Love the selection of days....my DH and I have never had any pets together (we had 2 sons, I refused to get a dog until the boys were housebroken....still waiting!), but I had a 4 legged brother (black poodle) when I was growing up.  He would sit on the end of the couch and watch TV with the family!

I only knew my 2 grandmothers. One grandfather died long before I was born, and the other died when I was only 2, so I really don't remember him at all.

I know I don't post every day, but I definitely read everything (even going back if I missed a late post).  I will be missing a few days - I'm having surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor and fluid from my chest.  I'll be back as soon as possible!!

Prayers for all on the care list, and cheers to the celebration list.  Congratulations on those already cruising, either leaving for a cruise or returning....looking forward to ours next August!

Laura

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is Chocolate Milk Shake Day.................................

Pin by The Dairy Alliance on Happy Chocolate Milkshake Day! | Chocolate  milkshake, Milkshake recipes, Milkshake

Milkshake Puns

Making a milkshake joke - (With Picture)

IsEqualTo is a education app for the whole family. It is safe for children,  easy to use, with content moderated and updated every day.

Ever try to figure out who the first person was to see a cow and think "I wonder what will happen if I squeeze those dangly things and drink whatever comes out of them?"

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 7
  • Haha 22

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

2 years ago today we were touring Quebec for a few days before boarding NCL Gem for a 10 day cruise. Loved Quebec!

Joy, where did you stay in Quebec City?  We will be there in a year, October 2022, prior to a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam. We’ve been there before but it was at the end of the cruise and overnighted on the ship. 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Joy, where did you stay in Quebec City?  We will be there in a year, October 2022, prior to a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam. We’ve been there before but it was at the end of the cruise and overnighted on the ship. 

Manoirdauteuil.com  Has a nice meeting/sitting area, a bar, small restaurant food, serves a nice breakfast (crepes..omg) loved their coffee! 

If you have a day, the hotel will call a driver. For a full day it was 125 CAN. We went to cathedrals, the copper showroom (Albert Gilles) several wineries and waterfalls. He even waited an hour in the downstairs restaurant while we cleaned up and he dropped us off at:

Le Continental restaurant was amazing for dinner. 

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, kplady said:

I know I don't post every day, but I definitely read everything (even going back if I missed a late post).  I will be missing a few days - I'm having surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor and fluid from my chest.  I'll be back as soon as possible!!

Laura

Laura, positive thoughts and prayers coming your way for your surgery tomorrow. 🙏 Please keep us updated on your recovery.

• Like 13

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. Prayers to everyone on the Care list and also Sam and Joy. 

I knew 3 of my grandparents. My mother’s father died when she was 5 in 1934 in the Dust Bowl on the Eastern Plains of Colorado. He was a farmer and had gone out in the field to work and he had collapsed. His older sons found him , brought him home and he passed away soon after. He left 13 children for my grandmother to raise, the older ones helped. My DM tells stories about the hardships of her childhood (like using cardboard for the soles of shoes) but the entire family was very close and very happy. 

I miss all our pets now long gone. Craig never wanted anymore pets after our last one passed but when I started working part time I decided I needed a dog and found Blue. 

I am not a fan of chocolate milkshakes but I’ll take a vanilla one. I’ll pass on the meal suggestion today. I think I’m making more fish. 

Last night I finished checking in for our October 10th cruise and our boarding time is later, 1:40 pm. I think the earlier boarding times are given to passengers using HAL hotel and/or transportation. I’m disappointed because I love having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Just got home from church. The choir rehearses briefly before the service, then after the service we have our weekly hour-long rehearsal. Followed by a stop at the grocery store - it was afternoon before I got home!

Thanks for the Daily and the Care /Celebrations lists.

I'd rather have a coffee milkshake than a chocolate one! I only knew my paternal grandmother, but she died when I was five, so my memories of her are dim. All of our pets have left a pawprint on my heart.

Thanks for the information and pictures about Fuerte Amador. The NA stops there in October before going through the Canal - this will be my first visit. I booked the rain forest tram ride -- has anyone done that?

Prayers for everyone!

Edi

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Manoirdauteuil.com  Has a nice meeting/sitting area, a bar, small restaurant food, serves a nice breakfast (crepes..omg) loved their coffee! 

If you have a day, the hotel will call a driver. For a full day it was 125 CAN. We went to cathedrals, the copper showroom (Albert Gilles) several wineries and waterfalls. He even waited an hour in the downstairs restaurant while we cleaned up and he dropped us off at:

Le Continental restaurant was amazing for dinner. 

Thank you Joy!  I’ve saved your recommendations. 

• Like 8

Good morning, 

Now back from NA cruise #2 and the suitcases are unpacked but not everything put away yet. It will happen. Meanwhile I've made chopcolate chip cookies and chocolate snickerdoodles are in the fridge waiting to be baked. 

I knew all 4 of my grandparents. My maternal grandparents lived a ways from us but I spent a week in the summer with them several years. Then they moved closer. My paternal grandparents lived just a few blocks away and I have lots of good memories of riding my bike over to visit, etc. They celebrated 69 years of marriage before grandpa passed away and grandma lived to 104. She was sharp and lived on her own until she was 98 - still riding the bus into town to go lawn bowling! 

DH is the milkshake lover in the family and he'll do the basic flavors but his fave is the Oreo Cookie from Jack-in-the-Box. I keep a stash of $5.85 sent stacks in the car so we can stop when we are out. 

This cruise to Alaska was a lot of fun and we enjoyed ourselves. Next up is Hawaii in April on the Koningsdam. 

Karen

• Like 20

1 hour ago, kplady said:

Very best of luck with your surgery for your tumour 🙏🏻. Hope it goes well and you recover quickly 🙏🏻 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Last night I finished checking in for our October 10th cruise and our boarding time is later, 1:40 pm. I think the earlier boarding times are given to passengers using HAL hotel and/or transportation. I’m disappointed because I love having lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. 

Don't give up hope!  They're updating the boarding times several times before sailing, yours could be moved sooner.  I don't remember the exact sequence, something like one month, 2 weeks, and then finally 3 days out. We started with  a boarding time of 1:20, now have 12:20.  Our PCC said that handicapped will board first, (he didn't mention passengers having HAL hotels/transportation, but it seems to be happening that way) 4 and 5-star Mariners, Pinnacle and Neptune Suites, then the rest. 

• Like 13

Good Morning All,

Its a bit late to post, but I’ve been up since 5:30. Got marketing done, and dinner started. We’re having Greek food thanks to my neighbor’s fiancé. She was on the first Eurodam sailing and brought us back some spices. That’s becoming chicken marinade, and we will have fresh tomatoes, a Greek inspired salad and spaghetti squash. Dessert is a combination of kiwi gelato and frozen Greek yogurt. 

I knew both my paternal grandparents and my paternal great grandmother. Both grandmothers oversaw my learning to crochet. Both lived deep into their 90s.

Hoping it stays decent temperature- wise. Will try getting back on my MTB. My leg is still a little swollen and sore from a tangle/ pedal strike with a root last week, that threw me a little.

Prayers  for those on the care list.  Have a great day everyone!

For anyone with an ice cream maker who wants something quick and refreshing:

1 container (4 c) Trader Joe’s Honey Greek yogurt

2/3 c sugar 

2/3 c. Heavy cream 

juice and zest of 1 lemon 

1/4 c limoncello 

Thoroughly mix all together ( I used an emersion blender.)

Spin in ice cream maker. Oh my!

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Cruising-along said:

Don't give up hope!  They're updating the boarding times several times before sailing, yours could be moved sooner.  I don't remember the exact sequence, something like one month, 2 weeks, and then finally 3 days out. We started with  a boarding time of 1:20, now have 12:20.  Our PCC said that handicapped will board first, (he didn't mention passengers having HAL hotels/transportation, but it seems to be happening that way) 4 and 5-star Mariners, Pinnacle and Neptune Suites, then the rest. 

I sure hope it moves up. Our August 28th cruise happened just like your PCC said but once checked in there was no waiting. Our check in time was 11:30 but we were on a HAL transfer from our hotel and actually checked in earlier, about 11:10ish. The only time we waited was getting on the gangway , they didn’t want a bottleneck. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

For anyone with an ice cream maker who wants something quick and refreshing:

1 container (4 c) Trader Joe’s Honey Greek yogurt

2/3 c sugar 

2/3 c. Heavy cream 

juice and zest of 1 lemon 

1/4 c limoncello 

Thoroughly mix all together ( I used an emersion blender.)

Spin in ice cream maker. Oh my!

Yum!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I sure hope it moves up. Our August 28th cruise happened just like your PCC said but once checked in there was no waiting. Our check in time was 11:30 but we were on a HAL transfer from our hotel and actually checked in earlier, about 11:10ish. The only time we waited was getting on the gangway , they didn’t want a bottleneck. 

Fingers crossed for both of us!  We'll be boarding in Athens, and will be checking out of our hotel at 11:00...and it doesn't sound like there's any place for us to wait around at the pier. 

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, kplady said:

I will be missing a few days - I'm having surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor and fluid from my chest.  I'll be back as soon as possible!!

Wishing you an easy surgery and rapid and complete recovery.

Roy

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kplady said:

Good afternoon everyone!

Love the selection of days....my DH and I have never had any pets together (we had 2 sons, I refused to get a dog until the boys were housebroken....still waiting!), but I had a 4 legged brother (black poodle) when I was growing up.  He would sit on the end of the couch and watch TV with the family!

I only knew my 2 grandmothers. One grandfather died long before I was born, and the other died when I was only 2, so I really don't remember him at all.

Prayers for all on the care list, and cheers to the celebration list.  Congratulations on those already cruising, either leaving for a cruise or returning....looking forward to ours next August!

Laura

I will be praying your surgery goes well and for a speedy recovery.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kplady said:

Good afternoon everyone!

Laura

Praying that all goes smoothly tomorrow, Laura. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

Thanks everyone. I have printed my boarding passes, selected my seats and suitcase is packed. This is my first trip without my service dog in forever. I will miss her. Usually I have driven to ports or taken the train. This will be the most flights and layovers I have experienced in 20 years. And add to that, I have to leave here at 3am to drive over the coastal mountain range to make the 6am flight. Watch out deer, I am coming through.  

Have a wonderful visit!  I hope everything runs smoothly for you and you have a safe drive and flights.✈️

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

Enjoy your visit with your son. Always nice to see where they are living.  Safe travels.

• Like 7

Loved all four grandparents. Visiting one who had the zinc bathtub hanging on the fence.brought it in to the kitchen and boiled the water to help fill it. After my bath mom said “did you wash behind your ears?”  Grandma said “What! You washed your face in the same water your bottom was in!!!!” 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10