Unable to enter USA- what are X offering

little britain

13 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

You can cancel for free… what else should they do? 
Totally out of their hands and most probably nothing they really approve upon 
🤔

My friend on RCI had to take an FCC… which is why I’m asking if X handle things differently. I do not want another FCC 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, little britain said:

My friend on RCI had to take an FCC… which is why I’m asking if X handle things differently. I do not want another FCC 

🤔 if it’s a cancellation within the CWC program, refunds will be in FCC.

Not being able to enter the US should be reason for a cancellation outside of the program, so the refund doesn’t have to be FCC. Under European law it is… don’t know what currently applies in the UK though…

We were due to cruise Panama Canal next month. We got an email from X advising that they were aware of the travel restrictions in Australia (is that we can’t leave), and unless we could prove otherwise they were cancelling us and a full refund would be provided. We didn’t need to do anything. It took about 2 weeks for the cruise to disappear from the planner and the refund came about a week later.

A polite way of kicking us off.

• Like 1

We were somewhat affected recently as we were booked on the Oct 10th Apex TA leaving Barcelona to Florida and the people affected (non-Americans) have been given the option of a refund, transfer to another sailing (same type I believe)  or 125% FCC,  

I believe this will be the same terms regardless of where you booked or where you’re from.... hopefully 🤞🏻😜

Edited by MR_T
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I suggest you call and see if you can move your reservation to a later booking using the deposit from the cruise you are concerned about. I did that.. I did lose some OBC that was tied to a promotion...but I did not lose my deposit..just applied to a new cruise. Now I am in the US..so not sure this would work. Another benefit is that I have more time before final payment to decide if I want to go or not... Also once I did this I contacted my travel insurance company and they graciously allowed me to move the coverage to the later cruise

A second thought... if you do choose to try to move...there is a sale going on right now... while it did not appear that great to me... perhaps you can get a better deal or at least come close to what ever you paid for the earlier cruise... I dont know if this applies outside the US or not...but worth a try... I read that wait times are long... so you may have to keep that in mind too.

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

I dont know if this applies outside the US or not...but worth a try... I read that wait times are long.

Not quite the same 20% off sale in UK, but offers of Balcony (2D) cabin for Ocean view price and UP to £600 off (I was quoted £400 off for a balcony cabin).

Also, Double Captain’s Club points on selected cruises.

7D153AF0-1528-43C4-9E06-833194832DCE.thumb.jpeg.44c7f2e0f797ca47dd90072f391072a2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:14 AM, little britain said:

Have you contacted X to figure out what is going on and what the cancel situation is in terms of refunds or FCC's???

I believe that would be your first step in the process vs asking here on CC and then reporting back on what you found out, as we can only speculate.

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.ft.com/content/ed63aca3-baf7-4e6c-90bb-5630cef34c01

US to relax EU and UK travel restrictions for vaccinated passengers.

Vaccinated passengers will be able to travel to the US from the EU and UK from November onwards, the Biden administration will announce on Monday, in a major diplomatic victory for Brussels and London.

The White House will announce a new travel policy on Monday morning, marking the end of the 18-month blanket ban on travel imposed by Donald Trump, the former US president, at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic that was maintained by Joe Biden.

Three people with knowledge of the policy told the Financial Times that Monday’s announcement will mean that fully vaccinated passengers will be able to travel once the ban is lifted within weeks. Those involved in clinical trials for vaccines that are not yet approved in the UK will also be allowed to enter the US, a policy which will apply to around 40,000 people.

One person added that the policy is part of a wider framework the Biden administration is developing to cover all international travel, which is intended to replace the patchwork system of bans and restrictions that apply to different parts of the world. Under the current policy, only American citizens, their immediate families, green card holders and those with national interest exemptions can travel to the US if they have been in the UK or EU in the previous 14 days.

The White House’s change of direction comes at the start of the UN General Assembly in New York and marks the culmination of weeks of intense diplomacy between Washington, London and Brussels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:59 AM, little britain said:

As Brits and Europeans are still unable to enter the USA ( and not looking like this will change anytime soon) …

According to CNN, an announcement is expected today by the U.S. changing this for fully vaxxed travelers:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/politics/biden-administration-international-travel-restrictions/index.html

Edited to add: and see @ShipFan13’s comment immediately above, which I had not seen when I posted 

Edited by Turtles06

On 9/19/2021 at 6:14 AM, little britain said:

Your friend could have also received a full refund from RCI but the CSR aren't promoting it that way. You have to ask for a refund.  I would call your TA or Celebrity to find out.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ShipFan13 said:

https://www.ft.com/content/ed63aca3-baf7-4e6c-90bb-5630cef34c01

US to relax EU and UK travel restrictions for vaccinated passengers.

Vaccinated passengers will be able to travel to the US from the EU and UK from November onwards, the Biden administration will announce on Monday, in a major diplomatic victory for Brussels and London.

The White House will announce a new travel policy on Monday morning, marking the end of the 18-month blanket ban on travel imposed by Donald Trump, the former US president, at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic that was maintained by Joe Biden.

Three people with knowledge of the policy told the Financial Times that Monday’s announcement will mean that fully vaccinated passengers will be able to travel once the ban is lifted within weeks. Those involved in clinical trials for vaccines that are not yet approved in the UK will also be allowed to enter the US, a policy which will apply to around 40,000 people.

One person added that the policy is part of a wider framework the Biden administration is developing to cover all international travel, which is intended to replace the patchwork system of bans and restrictions that apply to different parts of the world. Under the current policy, only American citizens, their immediate families, green card holders and those with national interest exemptions can travel to the US if they have been in the UK or EU in the previous 14 days.

The White House’s change of direction comes at the start of the UN General Assembly in New York and marks the culmination of weeks of intense diplomacy between Washington, London and Brussels.

This article makes no mention of Canada. In early August, we began allowing fully vaccinated Americans to enter the country again, but the US didn’t reciprocate. If it now allows the UK and EU residents entry but continues to deny Canadians reciprocal entry, relations will definitely suffer.

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

This article makes no mention of Canada. In early August, we began allowing fully vaccinated Americans to enter the country again, but the US didn’t reciprocate. If it now allows the UK and EU residents entry but continues to deny Canadians reciprocal entry, relations will definitely suffer.

From what I'm reading between the (press) lines....the US is not allowing the northern border population entry if they can't allow the southern border to open.  What???  100% fence sitting.  Time for them to 'man up' and make a decision which make sense as it pertains to border crossing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Maybe only relations of those who live along the northern border and crossed frequently as a matter of course?

Yet, for the rest of the country does it matter all that much, at the moment when there are other ways to enter, maybe not easily e.g. flying or train vs driving?

Not sure, yet what is your perspective on this?

bon voyage

On 9/19/2021 at 3:59 AM, little britain said:

As Brits and Europeans are still unable to enter the USA ( and not looking like this will change anytime soon); what are X doing?

Are they reaching out? Offering a full refund? L&S? 
Final payment approaches soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/us-to-ease-travel-restrictions-for-foreign-visitors-who-are-vaccinated-against-covid.html

• Thanks 1