Coco Cay

ljk76

On 9/22/2021 at 9:53 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Maybe they were low on towels on the island that day for some reason? Even when we went there pre-Covid we got towels on the island. 

They ask you to bring your own towels so that they don't have to haul thousands of towels from the ship all the way to the beach. The number of people exchanging towels or to lazy to bring their own is small compared to having everyone queue and sign out a towel at towel stations on the island. 

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, the crew was asking people at the gangway to get a towel (if it looked like you didn't have one). We didn't have one because we were going to the Coco Beach Club which provides its own plush towels. 

Edited by BirdTravels

54 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

is the pool on the island restricted. if not , why not. why would 10 people be ok the pool on the ship but them not have capacity on the island . or do not that many people go in the island pool?

No the Oasis Lagoon pool is not capacity restricted but the lounge chairs are socially distanced. Don’t bother trying to make sense of any of these protocols because none of them make sense for people who should be deemed healthy enough to sail and have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 2:46 AM, bigal3967 said:

Off topic a little but has anyone been in Feb and is the water temp ok in the water park so it is enjoyable?  

I was there late Jan 2020, and the water in the lagoon pool was chilly, but not to bad.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:05 AM, luckyinpa said:

is the pool on the island restricted. if not , why not. why would 10 people be ok the pool on the ship but them not have capacity on the island . or do not that many people go in the island pool?

The Oasis Lagoon (the pool on Coco Cay) is just so much larger than the pools on the ship. I'd think it would be very hard to keep a head count. Plus, the pool's size makes it much easier to keep somewhat distanced. Although, there are spots where it does tend to get crowded, specifically, around the swim-up bar.

I’m heading to Coco Cay in April 2022 on the Wonder. The beach club pass today is being offered at $160.99 - is that a good price or should I wait and see if it goes down? 

The beverage package is at $58 per day which I thought was pretty good. 

11 minutes ago, kenns said:

I’m heading to Coco Cay in April 2022 on the Wonder. The beach club pass today is being offered at $160.99 - is that a good price or should I wait and see if it goes down? 

It’s expensive. I booked at that rate in the summer and then the prices were slashed recently. I ended up getting the club for $85 each on our sailing next week. 

18 hours ago, kenns said:

Book it, if the price is acceptable to you.  If it goes down, you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.

we are just back from Freedom. Coco Cay is amazing. 1100 on an island built for 2 mega ships. YES PLEASE!

We spent most of our 1st day at Chill island area there are 4 free beaches you can easily walk to all of them. There are free umbrellas and beach chairs. Drink hosts are always ready to get you your next cocktail. There is also a free buffet and "snack shacks" where you can get food for free

In the afternoon we walked to the Oasis Pool area and had a blast there as well. All activities are free. We did not pay for anything additional.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 7:43 PM, flamingos said:

There were lots of unused hammocks.  Beach chairs were plentiful.

You have to bring your own towels from the ship and oddly, you had to go to the pool deck to check them out.  I didn't see the rolling desk at the embarkation deck. Maybe they don't want people congregating there because of social distancing? 

We were on Symphony last week and we were able to get towels on Coco Cay and leave them there.  Made it much easier.  

On 10/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, kenns said:

That is high.  Keep looking for a sale.  I got mine for $89 and then $94

It really varies by ship/sailing.  Mine are currently priced at:

$169.99 on Freedom (November 2021)
$188.99 on Symphony (November 2021)
$160.99 on Symphony (April 2022)
$169.99 on Explorer (May 2022)
$199.00 on Explorer (twice in October 2022)
$160.99 on Symphony (October 2022)

Get it if you're happy with the price, and recheck it on Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend -- if the price goes down, you can cancel and rebook.

• Like 1

I got off the Mariner last Monday.  Coco Beach Club was offered prior to the cruise at about 87 but then went up to about 95 just before locking.

Also, no one mentioned this.  You can get funnel cake at the Snack Shack next to Oasis Lagoon!!!  Its complimentary!

I think I'm the only one that's excited about funnel cake.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

I got off the Mariner last Monday.  Coco Beach Club was offered prior to the cruise at about 87 but then went up to about 95 just before locking.

Also, no one mentioned this.  You can get funnel cake at the Snack Shack next to Oasis Lagoon!!!  Its complimentary!

And it was really good! I also got the mozzarella sticks and the chicken sandwich from that snack shack and all were good. That was my fried food day!😂 If you walk behind the swim up pool bar toward the ocean, you’ll run into it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Love funnel cakes. When at Coco Cay we always go to Shack Snack for them. This time we have the beach club but will probably walk over for them before getting back on ship. 

43 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Thank you!  I did not know that, and we will be partaking next weekend!

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

so why do beds totally disappear from the planner when sold out vs when other things are sold out they actually say sold out

It may depend on which beds. South Beach beds and cabanas were removed because it’s been comped out as a crew zone.