Moon substituted for Dawn - my TA just sent to me

bitob

Dear Travel Partner, 

I hope this email finds you safe and well. 

We are writing today to advise you that due to the ongoing global situation, Silversea has made the decision to operate your client’s upcoming South America voyage aboard Silver Moon, Silver Dawn’s sister ship, as Silver Dawn won’t start service until the Spring. This ship change will have little to no impact on your clients’ Silversea experience as the new Silver Moon, who debuted this summer in the Greek Isles, features many of the same innovative hallmarks of Silver Dawn, including the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodation, as well as the all-new S.A.L.T. programme (Sea and Land Taste), an immersive culinary concept that enables guests to travel deeper through a range of destination-based gastronomic experiences. We will share this information with your clients tomorrow.

In the coming days, your clients’ reservation will be amended, moving them to their same suite aboard Silver Moon. The cruise fare will not change and at the moment we do not foresee itinerary modifications, however should there be any, rest assured we will communicate with you as soon as we know.

Should your clients choose to cancel their voyage, please note that they will be subject to our standard cancellation terms. 

We sincerely appreciate your partnership, especially during these difficult times, and look forward to welcoming your clients aboard for a safe and memorable cruise.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann

Chief Commercial Officer

Edited by bitob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bitob changed the title to Moon substituted for Dawn - my TA just sent to me
1 hour ago, flyingshoes said:

Well, that's that for us Moon passengers.  Oh well, now they have extra time to finish the Dawn in the shipyard instead of trying to sail across the Atlantic with workers crawling all over the ship.

It's quite possible that it has nothing to do with whether they are on schedule or behind schedule in  finishing the Dawn. The Moon is fully up and running, and fully staffed. It just wouldn't make sense to bring on the Dawn's crew and then send everyone on the Moon home for 6 months, and to put the Moon into layup. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

It's quite possible that it has nothing to do with whether they are on schedule or behind schedule in  finishing the Dawn. The Moon is fully up and running, and fully staffed. It just wouldn't make sense to bring on the Dawn's crew and then send everyone on the Moon home for 6 months, and to put the Moon into layup. 

Yeah, the heck with those annoying booked passengers.  Whatever.  

Edited by flyingshoes

46 minutes ago, 0 cont left said:

Not if you were scheduled for the moon

But isn't it the case that the Moon Asian itinerary would have been cancelled in any case because of the COVID situation in that part of the world?

In many ways, this would appear to be a situation entirely beyond Silversea's control. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Observer said:

But isn't it the case that the Moon Asian itinerary would have been cancelled in any case because of the COVID situation in that part of the world?

In many ways, this would appear to be a situation entirely beyond Silversea's control. 

I think this is totally out of SS's control. Welcome to the Covid world!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

We do not care which ship we go on.  We are just glad to be going.

I was thinking about all this year straight lol. I don't really care what ship or company to go with as long as I do go somewhere =D. But again, I dont want to go on some cheap cruise, I want to have an ocean cruise that will take some 7-10 days of my life 

I had a fall Asian cruise on Seabourn from Athens to Singapore via Mumbai, that was canceled months ago. Also had one on Regent scheduled for Spring 2022 ( Tokyo to Singapore) that also was canceled a few months back. Silversea was being overly optimistic in my opinion for what it’s worth.

and this came to us today

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We are writing today to advise you that due to the ongoing global situation, Silversea has made the decision to operate your upcoming South America voyage aboard Silver Moon, Silver Dawn’s sister ship, as Silver Dawn won’t start service until the Spring. This ship change will have little to no impact on your Silversea experience as the new Silver Moon, who debuted this summer in the Greek Isles, features many of the same innovative hallmarks of Silver Dawn, including the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodation, as well as the all-new S.A.L.T. programme (Sea and Land Taste), an immersive culinary concept that enables guests to travel deeper through a range of destination-based gastronomic experiences. 

In the coming days, your reservation will be amended, moving you to your same suite aboard Silver Moon. The cruise fare will not change and at the moment we do not foresee itinerary modifications 

Should you choose to cancel your voyage, please note that you will be subject to our standard cancellation terms. 

On behalf of everyone at Silversea, we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a wonderfully enriching experience.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann
Chief Commercial Officer

42 minutes ago, bitob said:

and this came to us today

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We are writing today to advise you that due to the ongoing global situation, Silversea has made the decision to operate your upcoming South America voyage aboard Silver Moon, Silver Dawn’s sister ship, as Silver Dawn won’t start service until the Spring. This ship change will have little to no impact on your Silversea experience as the new Silver Moon, who debuted this summer in the Greek Isles, features many of the same innovative hallmarks of Silver Dawn, including the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite accommodation, as well as the all-new S.A.L.T. programme (Sea and Land Taste), an immersive culinary concept that enables guests to travel deeper through a range of destination-based gastronomic experiences. 

In the coming days, your reservation will be amended, moving you to your same suite aboard Silver Moon. The cruise fare will not change and at the moment we do not foresee itinerary modifications 

Should you choose to cancel your voyage, please note that you will be subject to our standard cancellation terms. 

On behalf of everyone at Silversea, we look forward to welcoming you aboard for a wonderfully enriching experience.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann
Chief Commercial Officer

Just received the same letter!

22 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Just booked the Dawn t/a this morning, however, very happy to finally get to do the Moon maiden crossing that was cancelled from last year instead. 🤩

The first thing that crossed my mind after getting that email was, oh I'm doing the cruise I booked that got cancelled!

The email tells me a couple of things. The intent is to sail. 

My problem is.... But I still can't go on it because 7 of the 8 countries are red. (That may have been reduced to 6 now... And the US finally thankfully will let me in!)

Oh and insurance!

It's concerning also because, I'm currently on Viking Sea. We were supposed to be on Montenegro yesterday but we got an overnight instead in Dubrovnik. (Leaving in 45 mins!)

Anyway, that was good news. We kept out of the red.

However, after this sailing, all future sailings on Viking to Montenegro are going ahead..... And all UK bookings cancelled because we can't get insurance and need to quarantine for £2500 per person for 11 nights.

Obviously you TA is fine and looks set to go.... I feel a gotcha coming!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Obviously you TA is fine and looks set to go.... I feel a gotcha coming!

In a different thread on this forum, a SS passenger has said they have inside information from a SS exec that the Moon sailings will now be canceled, too. I don't know if that information is correct or not; one would think they would have not moved everyone from the Dawn to the Moon and then canceled the Moon cruises within the same week, but I guess we'll find out shortly.

"Inside info" cruisers have been posting from SS executives seems to be flowing rapidly these days. On a Facebook forum, someone is reporting inside info that the Silver Wind cruises in Antarctica are going to be canceled, just weeks after SS affirmed that they were going ahead. Is it because the current renovations to the Wind won't be done on time? Or because they have too many vacancies between the Wind, Cloud and Explorer, and have decided to only sail two of the ships? Or is this information not accurate? (We're booked on the Wind holiday cruise, so I'm sure hoping this report doesn't turn out to be true!) 

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

In a different thread on this forum, a SS passenger has said they have inside information from a SS exec that the Moon sailings will now be canceled, too. I don't know if that information is correct or not; one would think they would have not moved everyone from the Dawn to the Moon and then canceled the Moon cruises within the same week, but I guess we'll find out shortly.

"Inside info" cruisers have been posting from SS executives seems to be flowing rapidly these days. On a Facebook forum, someone is reporting inside info that the Silver Wind cruises in Antarctica are going to be canceled, just weeks after SS affirmed that they were going ahead. Is it because the current renovations to the Wind won't be done on time? Or because they have too many vacancies between the Wind, Cloud and Explorer, and have decided to only sail two of the ships? Or is this information not accurate? (We're booked on the Wind holiday cruise, so I'm sure hoping this report doesn't turn out to be true!) 

Time will tell. I've had the conversation regarding Panama for some time and my SS consultant has been in agreement it's highly unlikely to happen. I accept he's not in the loop.

I'm on a Viking cruise at the moment. Their Croatian schedules visit Montenegro. Every person I have spoken to in the company have said "if it's red, Viking will avoid". My cruise did avoid (thankfully),

However passengers on 2, 3 and 6th October sailings (starting Malta) from the UK have now been told their cruise is cancelled because they can't sail to Montenegro.... Despite the previous few sailings having an overnight in Dubrovnik to replace Montenegro. Hundreds of customers and bookings sacrificed. Nothing to do with SS I know, but it sets the mind.

I spoke with the captain tonight. He wasn't aware and was surprised at what I was telling him, but diplomatically said these decisions were above his pay grade.

Being honest about it is possibly not a good thing to do.

This is the third attempt on this booking. Id like nothing more than to be able to sail, I'm worried SS go ahead like Viking are young and stitching up uK passengers.

Viking have offered a full refund. SS has offered T&C's apply.... Great when 120 days have just passed..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bitob said:

Inside information -- from a butler?  a cabin steward?  Ridiculous.

No, hardly. One last week was from a highly-respected longtime traveler here on this forum, who has direct contact with the senior VP for destinations. The one about the possible Wind cancelations and the one about the possible Dawn-now-Moon cancelations come from a cruiser who said they were told by a senior SS executive. That still doesn't mean it's correct or final, but this isn't coming from the bartender. 😉

People get annoyed when a rumor/tip of this sort isn't immediately confirmed or denied by Silversea, but they don't want to confirm things in a Facebook post to a small group of people who then set of a stampede of other guests hitting their cruise consultants and travel agents for complete information when they are clearly still assembling complete information about policies, exchange/refund/rebooking options, etc. I'm booked on a Wind trip and would very much like to know its fate, but other than passing along what's been reported, there's no point in reaching out to my TA, or posting on FB to try to get Barbara or Conrad to confirm/deny when they are still working on putting details together.

Edited by cruiseej
  • Thanks 1