Do you think there is enough for kids to do on Royal Princess?

jspitz1

We had a Royal Princess cruise in Australian booked for this year and another next year, but one has been cancelled and the other got changed to another ship which I was less keen on.  So I now have to decide whether to do the replacement cruise in 2023 or just get a refund.  I had been keen to go on this ship (as I love large ships),  but after reading a few reviews, it is mentioned there is not a lot for kids (mine are 8 and 10) to do.  The kids club looks great but apart from that it looks like there is just the pools/spa/sport court/mini golf.  This may be enough but wondering if there is anyone who has kids around this age that could write about their experience.  We have only cruised with Princess before kids and since kids have been cruising on RCC and NCL which they loved.  

We took our grands to Alaska at about those ages, and they had a blast. There is none of the carnival atmosphere, but they do creative activities, swim, have pj movie night, and lots more. Our 7 year old wrote and directed  a skit for the talent show that we still laugh about (she’s a college freshman now). It depends on what you want for them.

Our granddaughters were 6 and 4 when we took them on a 7 day cruise on the Royal.  They are begging to go again.  They loved the kids area and were there morning and afternoon.  They loved getting dressed up for dinner.  We took them to the pool everyday and walked around the ship.  We got off the ship for two of the stops and they didn't enjoy that as much, so next time we will stay on board.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

As with any cruisr, they can run up and down the corridors at all hours, sit on and block one set of stairs, steal door decorations, rearrange room service breakfast orders, and push all of the buttons on the elevators.

(sarcasm alert)

They can also do face painting if they find an elderly person asleep in a public area.

Regards John

• Haha 1

We've done the Regal and the Royal with our kids (kids were a little older) and our kids loved the sports court and mini golf.  There was plenty for them to do.   It's not always all about water slides... definitely depends on the kids.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

My nephews 7 and 9 and my grandson 4 are all kids that are not into that type of thing. They didn't want to go to the kids clubs. But being loving parents, aunt and uncles and grandparents we signed 'em up and dropped 'em off. They all loved it! Due to different age groups they were not together (Princess is very strict on that).  But all of them loved it. Couldn't keep them away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sail away MK said:

One time on the Island, my 8 year old was too small to go on our zip'lining excursion so she stayed on board in a special kids only excursion to go into the kitchen and bake a cake with the pastry chef.  She LOVED Princess!

I would LOVE to do that and I'm 63 😉

• Like 1

My grandchildren grew up on Princess. 🙂  They are now teens and love the kids' clubs.  They were on track to becoming Elite before they turned 18, but the shut down stopped that.  Our last cruise was Dec 2019 on the Royal, and they had a great time with the teen club activities.  The youngest gchild is still in the kids' club (or will be when she can cruise again.)  She was in the tiny kids' club as soon as she turned 3, and we usually had to drag her out because she was having so much fun.  I am a big fan of Princess' kids' facilities.