Contact Tracing Traclets Coming Soon to a Cruise Near You

CruiserRob

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

As long as you can carry it on your person, instead of wearing it, I am fine with it.

Yes. It’s fine if you put it on a lanyard - at least it was in September. My husband has large wrists and it really didn’t fit well. 

• Thanks 1

We did not have one for our Adventure of the Seas cruise. We were told that they installed a facial recognition system along with a bunch more cameras in common areas to track contacts. 

We did not have on on our Freedom of the Seas cruise. I did not ask how contract tracing was being done on that ship. We did have to wear our vaccination bracelet for the entire cruise. 

Edited by BirdTravels

9 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We had them on our August cruise -- Serenade of the Seas to Alaska.  Between my watch, my gummy band showing I was vaccinated and my Tracelet, I was all blinged out.

Yea I’m wondering about that myself…those tan lines are not gonna look good. 😎😅

on my Independence cruise on 8/15,  they asked us to wear contact tracing bracelets even when we get off the ship on all ports.   Do contact tracing bracelets work on land ?   How exactly does it works?   I don't think it has a GPS in it.

The only thing annoying about the contact tracing bracelet is that for some reasons my DW bracelet have some issues several times during the cruise and each time they left message in our cabin ask her to go down to the customer service desk to re-register it.   They said her bracelet some how was un-registered with their system.   She wore it all the time,  follows the instructions and does not get it wet.   It's just waste of time on vacation to go down to customer service desk some time there are long line for her to re-register her bracelet.

Edited by StrikeEagle

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They are not using tracelets or facial recognition on Oasis either.

Nor Allure.  Our purple bracelet was a hit and miss....I kept forgetting it.  No worries, only had one person ask me about it.  Generally, people were wearing them.  But sure seems redundant when the whole ship except a handful are vaxed!  I think they should wear non vax bracelets and the rest of us, not.  I think tracelets are also silly, the only people we were within 6 ft of was our traveling companions and the bartenders.

Edited by BecciBoo