What are Labadee options?

jsf

I'm sure it would have to be cruise by cruise, juggling around other ships' porting schedules at other islands on any given day. Oasis class doesn't have a wide range of options anyway.

I'm not cruising there 'till May. Sure hope the situation doesn't last nearly that long, for everybody's sake.

• Like 1

I'm scheduled to stop in Labadee on Jan 3rd.  Since the cruise is sailing from Bayonne, there's not a lot of options.  Current stops are Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten.  I'm going to assume either a sea day or Nassau.  Possibly Coco Cay if they bump one of the two scheduled ships or rearrange the itinerary to another day.

And then there is the potential cancellation of the San Juan stop.

Edited by Another_Critic

23 minutes ago, MichiganMan4 said:

Harmony departure on Dec 26th just nixed Nassau, Labadee & Jamaica today.   Went fully Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Roatan).  Not a surprise.  

That sucks. I’m on Harmony Jan 16th and 23rd, and booked them to get away from Coz, Costa Maya and Roatan. We usually sail out of Galveston and have been to those ports a jillion times…. 🙄

On 10/1/2021 at 7:05 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Probably to perfect day at coco cay!

Less likely. Royal has done a good job at booking the island full most days so there's no room at the inn for itinerary changes. Some might get lucky and have a day open up that's in line with only one ship at coco, but most would be rerouted somewhere else or get a sea day. 

17 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm scheduled to stop in Labadee on Jan 3rd.  Since the cruise is sailing from Bayonne, there's not a lot of options.  Current stops are Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten.  I'm going to assume either a sea day or Nassau.  Possibly Coco Cay if they bump one of the two scheduled ships or rearrange the itinerary to another day.

DR is not a option?

18 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

We're on the same cruise and have been wondering what the plan will be, assuming no Labadee. Hopeful things get worked out for San Juan, but I suspect we'll know soon. My guess was an additional stop in US VI, but it would depend on how many ships are around and so on. With less ships sailing there should be a bit more in the way of options, but it will be interesting to see.

We're on 28 Nov and 5 Dec Harmony.  We just got notified that our Labadee (and Jamaica) ports for the 28 Nov leg got changed to Cozumel and Costa Maya.  Labadee was the cancellation and Jamaica got lost due to distance issues.  No one was surprised as we had been expecting it.  I think it will be a long time until Labadee is a port call again.  Nothing has really changed and won't anytime soon. 

Edited by BND