Medallion with Princess Plus

Eddie1

My understanding is that, yes, they will deliver to your stateroom but that there *may* be a surcharge involved.  That's the way it was explained when we were on the Majestic in July.  Doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion.  Walk down to the elevators and have them deliver there! (Hah!)

On these boards I read that you can use Ocean Now and the server will locate you in your cabin, no extra charges. Also read that the service was not prompt and that when each ordered a beverage they arrived at different times. The current terms & conditions do not exclude room service.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/disclaimer/ 

• Like 1

Yes you can order on the app to be delivered to your cabin at no extra cost on Princess plus. We are currently on Sky and ordered some drinks earlier, they showed as being prepared in seconds and then on it's way and delivered in less than 10 mins!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, sammybonny said:

Yes you can order on the app to be delivered to your cabin at no extra cost on Princess plus. We are currently on Sky and ordered some drinks earlier, they showed as being prepared in seconds and then on it's way and delivered in less than 10 mins!

did you order drinks for multiple people with each having their own medallion and placed their own individual order ?

On 10/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, Eddie1 said:

We have Princess Plus for our cruise 12/12/21. My question is, will they deliver cocktails to our cabin? Can't wait to try the Medallion system.  Thanks

Yes, but each person must order under their own sign-in. If two drinks are ordered at the same time with the same sign-in, there will be a charge for the second drink.

Because the must be ordered separately, they will be delivered separately and the delivery times might not be close together.

1 minute ago, jimbo1683 said:

Given that all passengers in the cabin have to travel on the same fare/ purchase the drinks package why isnt itjust done on a 'household' basis rather than individual?

Because if you order 2 drinks, they have no idea if one is for your spouse who also has Princess Plus, or for someone else who might not have Princess Plus.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Given that all passengers in the cabin have to travel on the same fare/ purchase the drinks package why isnt itjust done on a 'household' basis rather than individual?

Because it is 15 drinks per person not 30 per couple

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Hmm true. There could be easy ways around that if they made better use of the technology

Right.  They need to add a feature whereby the MC App recognizes that cabinmate or travel companion also has the package and offers option to charge two drinks as one to each package count.  Or, order a drink by travel companion and as long as each one has the package, no $$$ charged to on-board account.  If the other person doesn't have the package, then the drink is charged to the person ordering, assuming they are buying the other a drink. 

IDK if the App should also check and see if the other person indicated to get the 2nd drink is in proximity of the ordering guest.  It would seem odd for me to order two beers in the Piazza where I am sitting and expect the second one to be delivered to my wife in the cabin or elsewhere.  I think most everyone posting about this would like the typical situation of ordering two drinks for them and companion/SO and have them come at the same time with the same wait staff and have one drink charged to each PLUS package.  This would be a lot more efficient for Princess bar staff as well.

I think Princess has yet to figure out how to deal with the situation they have created by the combination of encouraging passengers to book the Plus package (with the beverage package) and the implementation of using the app to request delivery of beverages to almost anywhere on the ship.

Before Princess Plus pricing, the majority of passengers did not have the beverage package. As a result, many orders for an alcoholic beverage were at a charge and each such order represented a profit for Princess. The quicker drinks could be prepared (after ordering at a bar or with waitstaff), the faster Princess was able to prepare another profit generating order.

But now that a large majority of passengers have the beverage package, each such beverage ordered is a cost to Princess and not an incremental profit. If the crew is busy scurrying around the ship delivering the beverages, order filling and delivery can slow down the ordering of (and cost to Princess of) new drink orders and actually save Princess money by needing to provide less drinks.

So far the ships have not been sailing at full passenger loads. Once ships are again filled to capacity, the bar staff may not be able to provide drink delivery all around the ship in a timely manner, especially when two drinks to the same location are delivered at separate times because they could not be placed as one order.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Poor programming by individuals that don't know how passengers on a voyage really order. Princess needs to fix this. It would not be a difficult fix. 

Edited by skynight

Ok Thanks Guys. Thank you for all the information. This a great platform for information. Can't wait to try my first cruise in 2 years. I think the Plus program is a great way to go. Time will tell again THANKS.

22 hours ago, sammybonny said:

May I ask, are you in a suite or a regular cabin?

1 hour ago, Marelaine said:

May I ask, are you in a suite or a regular cabin?

We are in regular cabin. We ordered the drinks on 2 phones,  got as far as choosing the drinks and added to basket then pressed 'place order' simultaneously on the 2 phones. The confirmation appeared immediately on both of them then moved onto being prepared in seconds. 

The service is very good on the ship at the moment probably because there are only 1295 passengers on this cruise instead of 3500+. I'm not sure if it would be as quick if the ship was full. 

There were more waiters than passengers in the MDR at lunch!

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, Eddie1 said:

We have Princess Plus for our cruise 12/12/21. My question is, will they deliver cocktails to our cabin? Can't wait to try the Medallion system.  Thanks

No, the drink package on Princess Plus works pretty much anywhere on the ship drinks can be ordered, but not in your room.  See the FAQ for Princess Plus:

What’s NOT included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

No, the drink package on Princess Plus works pretty much anywhere on the ship drinks can be ordered, but not in your room.  See the FAQ for Princess Plus:

The Premier Beverage Package does not include souvenir items, room service, vending machine or mini-bar items.

On the Majestic they delivered to our room many times. Average wait was around 10 min. 

3 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

The Premier Beverage Package is not the same as Princess Plus. Totally different rules.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sammybonny said:

We are in regular cabin. We ordered the drinks on 2 phones,  got as far as choosing the drinks and added to basket then pressed 'place order' simultaneously on the 2 phones. The confirmation appeared immediately on both of them then moved onto being prepared in seconds. 

Were they brought in a single delivery or did it take two?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

The Premier Beverage Package is not the same as Princess Plus. Totally different rules.

The PBP is one of the perks included when you purchase Princess Plus, so the same rules apply.

In my opinion, the web site has not been modified to reflect the implementation of the app to order beverages.

• Like 1