The Daily for Sunday October 03, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Boyfriends Day, International Blessing of the Fishing Fleet Day, and Intergeneration Day

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - Isaac Asimov

Meal suggestion for today - Pumpkin Ravioli

Drink of the Day - Mudslide

Wine of the day - Terrazas del los Andes Malbec Reserva Mendoza - Argentina - Red

Destination of the Day - Castries Saint Lucia

Ships with Passengers

At Sea destination Avalon US
Nieuw Amsterdam 00:00 - 24:00

Rijeka, Croatia Anchorage
Eurodam 08:00 - 17:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Noordam Destination Puerto Vallarto MX eta 10/4
Zuiderdam Drifting

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Rotterdam NL
Oosterdam

San Diego
Koningsdam

Scheveningen
Rotterdam Anchorage

1003World.thumb.png.d54e4a20c356e23017d5e0695d361243.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

My boyfriend is my husband.  He makes everyday special.❤️ 

Bless all those that go to sea.  All generations must honour each other and realize how important they are.

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, but it sounds like it could be a lot of work, and I want something easy for tonight.

The  drink sounds like dessert.  Hope the wine is good.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Sunday.  Stay safe.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Sunday Daily, Rich.  Blessing the fishing fleet sounds like a good idea; it's both hard and dangerous work.  A big salute to both boyfriends and intergenerational closeness.  Azinov's quote is thought provoking.  I've been to Castries a few times but I don't think ever on a BHB.  I think I'll pass on the ravioli.  My alternative is Melon Bisque, Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam September 3, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/dishes03.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kakalina
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
Lindaler recovering from a fall
smitty34877 DDIL testing positive
From the rotation:
Me awaiting PET test results
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Cruising-along on Eurodam
Welcome home Jajmd
Aliaschief in Pinnacle Suite
Bon Voyage  Sea Viewer (Odyssey OTS)
4 days for Vict0riann, VMaxx1700, sailingdutchy and NextOne
7 days for Sharon and Koningsdam
Mr Boston on Cape Cod
Sharon with her mom
JAM37 with DMIL
Good caregiver for Sam
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 10

Good morning, everyone.

It is going to be gray and gloomy all day with rain.  A nice day to hunker down with some great soup or stew and watch those movies you've been planning to see.  I bought Cooking Light's book of soups and stews for this fall and winter and I am all set.   I'm looking forward to trying some different soups.  

Today's meal sounds great, but it is a little too high on the carbs for me.  I wouldn't make it, but I'd sure try one ravioli.  This first recipe looks more like dessert than dinner and I'm sure it could easily be turned into a dessert by adding a little brown sugar to the brown butter sauce.  https://juliasalbum.com/pumpkin-ravioli-with-brown-butter-sauce-and-pecans/

177141390_Pumpkinravioli.jpg.67632d015c86e862da543932c3bc4bb0.jpg

Ree Drummond suggests using wonton wrappers instead of pasta to make the raviolis.  It does sound a lot easier!  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11879/pumpkin-ravioli/

1385863515_pumpkinravioli2.jpg.a47ec8d52f9095dc18caf8ebc66176ba.jpg

Finally, we have a little twist to the sauce as this one uses apples.  https://www.awickedwhisk.com/pumpkin-ravioli-in-apple-sage-butter-sauce-3/

Pumpkin-Ravioli-in-Apple-Sage-Butter-Sauce28-2-683x1024.thumb.jpg.eaab812f0f0f5eca7cefad5f7a70c820.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Thank you Rich as usual for a great today's daily.

Thanks to Roy for the care, celebrations and shout outs.

I am Pauline's boyfriend since she was 16.

Intergenerational day is a good idea.

As someone who likes fish I bless the fishing day.

Interesting quote.

Nice food and drink today.

We have been to St Lucia a few times and the shopping centre just off the ship is our first stop.

We are waiting for our lunch.

Prayers 🙏 for those on the care list.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20211003_115849.jpg

IMG_20211003_120612.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  @dfish I like your idea of turning the first recipe into a desert.  I might like it that way, as a meal I’ll pass.   I’m happy to report that there have been no new mouse sightings.  The cats seem to be off high alert.  
We are preparing to head to PA on Friday.  It’s the granddaughter’s birthday this month.  I’m also taking some Christmas presents down with us for the kids.  Just in case travel becomes problematic during the fall.  The gifts will be held until Christmas.  We are planning on going back next month.  Things can change on a dime and we can’t depend on shipping.

I hope that everyone has a good day today.

• Like 33

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Have a great Sunday!

Love today's quote! So applicable to the anti-'s in society today.

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 24

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! And a wonderful combination of days!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy!

We had a nice soaking rain about an hour before Bindi and I headed out. We both enjoyed the light drizzle we encountered when we went out.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Terrazas del los Andes Malbec Reserva Mendoza - Argentina

I used the info for the 2018 vintage of this Malbec, but since all released vintages share the same excellent ratings, and decent prices - pick up a couple of different ones. The 2017 is definitely drinkable now and the 20178 will be soon, if not all ready.  I found the 2018 for a low of $9.99 online. 
Winemaker Notes

Bright red color with purple shades. Intense floral and fruity notes. Presence of violets, ripe black cherry and plum aromas. Reveals a toasty and spicy character of black pepper and chocolate. Its sweet and juicy mouthfeel delivers finesse, delicate tannins and an elegant finish of black fruits.
JS93 James Suckling: This is very reserved and polished with blackberries, smoke and sesame. Medium body. Delicious, soft finish. Nice transition from the 2017. Drink or hold.
D91 Decanter: A blend of fruit from several Uco Valley vineyards yields a fresh, fruit-driven Malbec with a heady mix of plum and black cherry, smoke and spice, and engaging layers of earth and herb. Fuller-bodied with well-woven tannins, this is defined and focused with an extended spicy mocha-laced finish.
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Here are some photos from Koningsdam's visit to Castries, Saint Lucia on February 17, 2019

A nice sunrise

59664359_Arriving1.thumb.JPG.3fc2dde5caf3ba0c8d09dfaba4b4bba7.JPG

The Governor's Residence

174875704_3GovernorsResidence.thumb.JPG.55caf473de861a5efa7d1b3e17130d3f.JPG

A Steel Drummer

969677188_1SteelDrummer.thumb.JPG.34a674690bea75eadd6802fd2d1b8963.JPG

As we departed, we sailed past Peit Piton, Sugar Beach and Gros Piton. The Rotterdam had been in St. Lucia that day as well

598734661_9PeitPitonSugarBeachRotterdamGrosPiton.thumb.JPG.518dbefb53696ea8c93c194f6337fb7e.JPG

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday.  Great group of days today @richwmn.  Thank you @rafinmdfor our care and celebrations list.  @dfishI always look forward to the recipes. And @cat shepardwonderful reports on the wine.

Bright sunshine again today with a high in the 90's.  Can't wait for the break in the weather.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask.

We have not been to today's port but I've been to a great restaurant for today's drink of the day.  Puritan Backroom Restaurant in Manchester NH serves the most fantastic Mudslide.  Actual picture of what we order.

Mudslide:

Ingredients

Chocolate syrup, for glass
4 oz. vodka
2 oz. Kahlua
2 oz. Baileys
1/4 c. heavy cream
Ice
Chocolate shavings, for garnish

Directions

Add chocolate syrup to inside of two cocktail glass.
Add vodka, Kahlua, Baileys, and heavy cream to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until well chilled.
Strain into glasses and garnish with chocolate shavings.

IMG_0851.JPG

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Sunday smile 🙂 

Interesting combination of days.  Like many my boyfriend is DH.  The fishermen need blessings - it can be a dangerous vocation.  Intergeneration day is celebrated here on June 1st but should be celebrated daily IMO.

Love the quote by Asimov.  The meal suggestion is interesting - especially with wonton wrappers.

@Crazy For Catssafe travels.  You are wise to take the Christmas presents “in case”. Good planning 🤙

We have been to St. Lucia a few times so the last time we were there, we chartered a catamaran for a group on our roll call and we had a fantastic day exploring St. Lucia by water.  The food was delicious,  drinks flowed and of course we had a beach stop where we were the only ones there.  It was an absolutely wonderful day.

After our mouse stories here I came across this and it seemed so appropriate:

2BB5274A-99A2-40F4-99C9-35F5C9D3B105.jpeg.9b56d5dee5d0bf9dcaea74acea1a9228.jpeg

Got some housecleaning done with the cold weather and reported on FB.  I guess that was mistake 😉 

214961F9-2648-4B4C-A1AF-5BBCFE20BF4F.jpeg.cb24d760597b6a31553eac32371b9e8b.jpeg

We had a frost warning last night so I covered the chilies.  Hopefully they made it.  @bennybearmy Black Pearls have lots of fruit but they are still purple.  They need to turn red to be hot enough for DH.  Not sure if that will happen in time or not 🤞

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!!!!

4F688430-A44E-46DE-96F6-83EF22959AB8.jpeg.7c0b22f7158f4605e9ddf7ee3234ab3f.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks !!!!!!

• Like 28
  • Haha 13

Good morning everyone. A very nice quote and collection of days. We will have 3 generations here today as we celebrate grandson Jared’s birthday. My son and his son, Matthew, my daughter and her husband and the birthday boy and Sam and me.

Yesterday we had 10:people sitting outside around our driveway and extending into the street. Sam was so happy to see everyone. 
A bunch of women are taking out a friend next Saturday because she is moving. I’m only going if the weather is ok. The restaurant has a tent and heaters so I’m hopeful I’ll be able to go. No eating inside for us.

Weve been to St. Lucia but I have no pictures.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 35

Good morning all!  Hoping for a nice day but the weatherman predicts rain.  Not sure how that will affect the fish fry this evening.  Thank you Rich for the Daily today with our fleet report.  Also thanks to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  I'm happy to see the Celebration list is at least twice as long as our Care list.  Yay!  @grapau27are you two at a different restaurant/hotel than yesterday?  Such wonderful meals you two have!  

@Cruise SuzyI see you included the Rotterdam on your Feb. 17, 2019 visit to Castries.  We were actually there on the Rotterdam that day and remember the Koningsdam left port just ahead of us and we followed the K. to see Soufriere Bay and the Pitons.  Here you are turning around to leave.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDqaE05xwA2NZu1pZq3-t5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119847

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjLarOZZKHCtY-QhDmCUs4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551117435

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISrQ8FtPDMHd04j6-Mrgiq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551117456

We hadn't taken a tour that day, just walked about town.  But on my first visit to Castries on the Ruby Princess in 2015 I took a tour of Marigot Bay.  Feb. 4, 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwm9lOFLBHgFlOW8I6Yq-W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427212779

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning all!  Hoping for a nice day but the weatherman predicts rain.  Not sure how that will affect the fish fry this evening.  Thank you Rich for the Daily today with our fleet report.  Also thanks to Roy for the Care and Celebration lists.  I'm happy to see the Celebration list is at least twice as long as our Care list.  Yay!  @grapau27are you two at a different restaurant/hotel than yesterday?  Such wonderful meals you two have!  

@Cruise SuzyI see you included the Rotterdam on your Feb. 17, 2019 visit to Castries.  We were actually there on the Rotterdam that day and remember the Koningsdam left port just ahead of us and we followed the K. to see Soufriere Bay and the Pitons.  Here you are turning around to leave.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDqaE05xwA2NZu1pZq3-t5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119847

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjLarOZZKHCtY-QhDmCUs4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551117435

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISrQ8FtPDMHd04j6-Mrgiq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551117456

We hadn't taken a tour that day, just walked about town.  But on my first visit to Castries on the Ruby Princess in 2015 I took a tour of Marigot Bay.  Feb. 4, 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwm9lOFLBHgFlOW8I6Yq-W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427212779

Yes.

We had a 3 course Sunday lunch with Champagne and it was absolutely delicious.

Nice photos Sandi.

Graham 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks for the daily report.  Nice collection of days, I wonder if there will be a blessing of the fleet here in Provincetown, many fishing vessels here.  Not sure about the pumpkin ravioli I think fish this evening.  The quote is funny, seems like I’ve seen it used as someone’s quote in an old high school yearbook.  I’ve been to St. Lucia twice, both times before I had my iPhone so no pics.  We did swim into the cave where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed, very cool.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event.  Can’t wait to walk down to the shore although we’re being warned of rip currents.

• Like 25

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

DH and I are on our way home. Much later start today than Wednesday. About to stop for coffee and switch drivers so I just wanted to check in.

Yesterday DD, DGS and I went to the Celebration Porch & Yard Sale. It was a hot, long and fun day.

I'll catch up on yesterday's and today's Daily later.

Wishing everyone a Super Sunday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 22