The Daily for Sunday October 03, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Finally here to sit down and read for a bit.  Good afternoon, all, it's a very interesting thread today!  We went to Castries on Koningsdam with DD and her boyfriend a few years ago.  We had a great time.  

I let my boyfriend chase me until I caught him.  Still caught!   We went out to breakfast this morning with my cousin and her hubby, a farewell before we fly out tomorrow.  That was brunch, and I think it will just be a light supper of soup.   

Evidently the internet is not great on the Eurodam, so I'm not sure how much I will be posting, but I hope everyone stays well and happy while we're away, and I will talk to you when we get back, if not before.

Safe travels tomorrow Ann for you and Pat and all the timings you have to do for covid tests, connections, etc.

Post when you can and if you can’t tell everyone about it later on your thread and here too, if you are so inclined.

Have an absolutely wonderful time and a very smooth flight.

Godspeed to you both and enjoy ❤️

• Like 19

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

A beautiful cruise experience. With our ten foot seas it’s a creaky noisy cabin but somehow we will manage.

Mariners lunch was well attended but I couldn’t eat much as I was still stuffed from breakfast. Tonight is our first Gala night so we’ll get to dine in MDR.

As I promised Jane here are some pics.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e53ef4238d9242d84d4cd86fa4a31af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.406f4e7a2556e88d48916a63dffed6a0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb10d1ea025aacc054c84a8a055076b7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.af178ef108b9bae9d4968a747ef459eb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3f2908ff3da6257e942435a2bd73f912.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bc311934762ab6e34a31582c39d43bfc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b1c945d046f3a032af55bd74a394e42d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50d5d7b767e10430a8015c0f125eb3f4.jpeg

Enjoy that PS Bruce 🙂 

Lovely and so nice.  Hope you are making full use of everything!

Just a note as I am surprised to see a 4 seater dining room table.  Ours on the Zuiderdam held 8 and even the PS on the P’dam had a table for 8 despite it’s size (it was the smallest PS in the fleet).  It’s a while since I had a PS (8 years ago on the P’dam) and I can’t count back for the Zuiderdam 😉 

I’m envious and very happy for you.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Enjoy that PS Bruce 🙂 

Lovely and so nice.  Hope you are making full use of everything!

Just a note as I am surprised to see a 4 seater dining room table.  Ours on the Zuiderdam held 8 and even the PS on the P’dam had a table for 8 despite it’s size (it was the smallest PS in the fleet).  It’s a while since I had a PS (8 years ago on the P’dam) and I can’t count back for the Zuiderdam 😉 

I’m envious and very happy for you.

We will be having another couple for dinner one night and maybe be tight but table  will seat five. There is another chair.

I just was talking with Hector our concierge about how much better the wi fi is. They have a new internet provider. So much better than in Aug. We also have the usual TV channels which did not work in August.

One other observation is that the cruisers on board seem to be better at mask compliance than in August.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aliaschief said:

We will be having another couple for dinner one night and maybe be tight but table  will seat five. There is another chair.

I just was talking with Hector our concierge about how much better the wi fi is. They have a new internet provider. So much better than in Aug. We also have the usual TV channels which did not work in August.

One other observation is that the cruisers on board seem to be better at mask compliance than in August.

excellent on hearing the report on the wifi and the mask compliance.

Thanks so much 😄 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Finally here to sit down and read for a bit.  Good afternoon, all, it's a very interesting thread today!  We went to Castries on Koningsdam with DD and her boyfriend a few years ago.  We had a great time.  

I let my boyfriend chase me until I caught him.  Still caught!   We went out to breakfast this morning with my cousin and her hubby, a farewell before we fly out tomorrow.  That was brunch, and I think it will just be a light supper of soup.   

Evidently the internet is not great on the Eurodam, so I'm not sure how much I will be posting, but I hope everyone stays well and happy while we're away, and I will talk to you when we get back, if not before.

Ann, hope you & Pat have a wonderful time! Whatever you want to share, whenever you are able is welcome!

Safe travels!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Great news on the internet.  Does that mean the websites are in English instead of Spanish?   Say hi to Hector from Debbie who had 17 Pinnacle Grill reservations.   

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks for shring the pictures of the PS. . Good to know that there is a new internet provicer and it is working better.  Also, encouraging that the mask compliance is better.

Lenda

• Like 11

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Great news on the internet.  Does that mean the websites are in English instead of Spanish?   Say hi to Hector from Debbie who had 17 Pinnacle Grill reservations.   

Was English for me! Will do.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 8

Thanks for all the daily information, photos and humour.

It's a wet foggy day, temperature 10 C. 

@Vict0riannwishing you and DH safe travelling and a wonderful cruise.

@Seasick Sailorbest wishes for successful surgery for your DH tomorrow.

@aliaschiefpleased to hear that Captain Baijens continues to wish Happy Birthday to members of the crew. We remember him doing so to a wine steward  during dinner one evening.  

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12

@Vict0riann Have safe travels and a great cruise!  Enjoy!

@Seasick Sailor Joy, best wishes for Alan's Moh's surgery tomorrow.  Prayers for quick results and clear margins.

@aliaschief Those pictures of the PS are amazing.  Enjoy all that space and WOW on the hot tub on the balcony!  Is your first stop Avalon?  Please let me know how the seas are sailing between San Fran and Avalon if you can.  Sounds like they were a bit rough outside of Seattle.  I am bringing my ginger just in case since the Yum Yum man is no longer outside the MDR.

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@Vict0riann Have safe travels and a great cruise!  Enjoy!

@Seasick Sailor Joy, best wishes for Alan's Moh's surgery tomorrow.  Prayers for quick results and clear margins.

@aliaschief Those pictures of the PS are amazing.  Enjoy all that space and WOW on the hot tub on the balcony!  Is your first stop Avalon?  Please let me know how the seas are sailing between San Fran and Avalon if you can.  Sounds like they were a bit rough outside of Seattle.  I am bringing my ginger just in case since the Yum Yum man is no longer outside the MDR.

Avalon is our first stop. Seas are calming but still know we are on a ship. Ginger ale, ginger tablets and green apples.

My experience is there usually is always some movement off the West coast especially from San Diego to Baja!

• Like 9

12 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning from the MS Nieuw Amsterdam. We have a little motion and creaking this morning. In Pinnacle for breakfast.

Here something new. Had a letter in mailbox this morning. We all get a free antigen Covid test this coming Tuesday. Just routine precaution or a Catalina requirement.

Back to eating my raisin bun!

Thanks for the Daily

There’s nothing on LACo HD or Catalina’s webpages about them requiring Covid testing, so maybe it’s a CDC thing, or because you are coming by cruise ship?

Just found this:

https://thecatalinaislander.com/council-oks-agreement-with-cruise-line-for-visits/

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

There’s nothing on LACo HD or Catalina’s webpages about them requiring Covid testing, so maybe it’s a CDC thing, or because you are coming by cruise ship?

Just found this:

https://thecatalinaislander.com/council-oks-agreement-with-cruise-line-for-visits/

Heard a couple of rumors it may be San Diego and the rumor was they wanted to do this at terminal. Whatever, we’re  having a great time and what ever it takes will comply.

First meal in MDR tonight.  Very few diners at 8 PM fixed so great venue if you desire social distancing. Wine service from dining room steward was quick and efficient. I will say that staying in a Pinnacle Suite does raise the flag some. We try to remind the staff we all put our pants on the same way if you get my drift.

We all had the truffle risotto which was very good. Pinnacle Suite comes with weight scale which we are all trying to avoid using.

Went to a Lincoln Center afternoon concert and onboard Naturalist gave a talk on Salmon’s and different species.

Life is good on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam.

Goodnight!

• Like 13

11 hours ago, aliaschief said:

A beautiful cruise experience. With our ten foot seas it’s a creaky noisy cabin but somehow we will manage.

Mariners lunch was well attended but I couldn’t eat much as I was still stuffed from breakfast. Tonight is our first Gala night so we’ll get to dine in MDR.

As I promised Jane here are some pics.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e53ef4238d9242d84d4cd86fa4a31af.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.406f4e7a2556e88d48916a63dffed6a0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb10d1ea025aacc054c84a8a055076b7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.af178ef108b9bae9d4968a747ef459eb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3f2908ff3da6257e942435a2bd73f912.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bc311934762ab6e34a31582c39d43bfc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b1c945d046f3a032af55bd74a394e42d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50d5d7b767e10430a8015c0f125eb3f4.jpeg

Lovely suite cabin.

Graham.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lazey1 said:

My boyfriend was a blind date set up by my best friend and her boyfriend. I was 16, he was 21. 11 months later we were married and 1 week after our wedding, our best friends were married. Everyone said I was to young and it wouldn't last. Boy, did we ever prove them wrong. Our marriage lasted through the death of our second baby 5 years later, the death of our only daughter 35 years later, and through several other crises, for a total of 57 years. He has been gone for 6 years and I miss him everyday.

I have not heard from Kakalena for a couple of days so I can not give any update. I do know that she is still in the hospital. Thank you Roy for adding her back to the prayer list.

Jane

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter, baby and your DH Jane.

I filled up reading your story to Pauline and she was upset too.

Hopefully you also had many happy memories.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 6

147912EB-2DC1-4BC5-AD40-4DB131711A3D.thumb.jpeg.017a4b08d2f8ff548c16f0250cd45109.jpeg

27C75C1F-4A07-422F-B7DD-86872A108295.jpeg

Edited by TXCruiser78660
Add additional info I wanted my first post to be a good one. I see I did not achieve that. Wrong day and upside down pictures of the Kpningsdam in San Diego today. I'm getting on Nieuw Amsterdam in 2 days! Yippee.
  • Like 3