Masking on long flights

Nebr.cruiser

If you have allergies a N95 mask can actually be helpful as it keeps out many of the allergy inducing particles. I would definitely recommend having a mask to change if wearing 10hrs plus, you don't want it getting moist. Because I have reactive skin I wear only natural materials. It is also good on a long haul if you do the every two hours stroll, give your face a clean to also prevent reaction. I find a strap around the head gives me less headaches. If you can find a strap or even a barrel of monkey piece can help

As for waiting for mask regulation to disappear, who knows. Travel regulations change all the time. A lot of 9/11 regulations we were told would be temporary and 20 years later we still have them in some cases have even increased. The reality is more people are willing to put up with the regulations to travel than those not so there isn't that much incentive to cater to the latter group. 

15 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Precisely -- masks on planes (as in other environments) are not just to protect the wearer -- but everyone.

Keep saying this. Every once in a while I hope some one else moves over to our side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

If you have allergies a N95 mask can actually be helpful as it keeps out many of the allergy inducing particles.

I had wondered about that. Everything screams to me that someone with allergies would be HELPED with a mask. Maybe doctors should have been recommending them. ???

8 hours ago, clo said:

I had wondered about that. Everything screams to me that someone with allergies would be HELPED with a mask. Maybe doctors should have been recommending them. ???

There unfortunately seem to be people who are allergic to the entire idea of wearing a mask.🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pudgesmom said:

I’m going to look crazy on my upcoming international flight. Between my noise reducing headphones, sleep mask and 

“covid” mask, I’m going to have lots of stuff on my head!

That's totally going to be me.  

Honestly, that was going to be me on our (then) planned trip in April 2020.  Flying 11 hours from So Cal to Europe for a river cruise.  I had already picked up masks to wear because I'm the one who will pick up any virus that's sneezed/coughed/spit into the air onboard planes.  And we purchased noise-cancelling headphones for a previous trip.  Sleep mask?  Yes, please, gotta get my sleep.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, clo said:

Certainly —- the fact that the recent annual flu seasons have been so mild is pretty clear evidence that masks work against viruses — which are much smaller than the usual airborne allergens.  I believe that doctors already do recommend that highly sensitive hay fever sufferers remain indoors when pollen counts are expected to be unusually high.  Masks should certainly be effective in these instances.