Live Majestic Princess 3 Night Launch of California Coastal season

3kidsncats

This is a pretty quick little cruise, and I know some of my fellow roll call peeps will join in here with post cruise reviews.  

We arrived at the Port at 11:30, a tad later than planned as I had a hard time getting my husband out the door.  He had no idea we were going on a cruise for his birthday, and I made him wear an eye mask on the drive.

There was long line for security, and took about 30-40 minutes in a rather warm tent. Once we got inside the terminal, another 20 minutes for check in.  The actual process was easy and as soon as we finished, we were moved about 8 feet to the counter to pick up our medallions (booked last minute).  That took about a minute, then we were immediately directed to board.

Ship is beautiful, app is barely useful, and seems Princess is struggling to provision the ship just like every where else these days.  Will add more details/review throughout the day. 🙂

429E013B-8E6D-4D0D-A560-4ECEB71A9B6A.jpeg

02CD2F23-E6C9-4C74-92AF-A4CE3BD13BAB.jpeg

CAD64314-BCF1-49C3-8B93-58D2F4754732.jpeg

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Hi @3kidsncats, I am sorry I did not get to meet you on the Adventure of the Seas, I did get to eventually book B2B and those were a fun 14 days. 

I see from your signature,  you have at least 2 previous Princess sailings so your Medallion color should not be ‘Blue’ designating you are a Princess ‘newbie’ unless hubby is a Princess first timer?

Hope you enjoy the Majestic, make sure to try the Noodle bar and Alfredo’s. 

I think I saw you might have also booked one of the Navigator sailings out of LA in Dec 2021 or January 2022? Hope to see you on one of those.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Hi @3kidsncats, I am sorry I did not get to meet you on the Adventure of the Seas, I did get to eventually book B2B and those were a fun 14 days. 

I see from your signature,  you have at least 2 previous Princess sailings so your Medallion color should not be ‘Blue’ designating you are a Princess ‘newbie’ unless hubby is a Princess first timer?

Hope you enjoy the Majestic, make sure to try the Noodle bar and Alfredo’s. 

I think I saw you might have also booked one of the Navigator sailings out of LA in Dec 2021 or January 2022? Hope to see you on one of those.

I am sorry we didn't meet up as well.  It was a great two weeks, although the heat got to me a bit.

This is my third, and my husband's 4th (he did a gig on the Grand) cruise on Princess.  Not sure why we got blue instead of red medallions.  This was a friends and family booking, so no points for it, but previous were regular bookings.

We are currently sitting in Alfredos -- really enjoying it 🙂

We actually cancelled Navigator (for now 😏) and changed to an 11 day on Anthem end of January.  But now that we are empty nesters, we hope to do more 3/4 night trips

• Like 2

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

awww, youthful romance. An abundance of energy and exuberance.  I have to take a handful of pills to feel that way now ....😄  Have fun, report often.

Ha -- hubby celebrated 66 yesterday, and I'm not too far behind.  More old romance and limited energy these days 😂

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Can you check out what is going on with Bistro Sur La Mer.  It is not showing for any bookings.

I'll try.  It's been challenging, and when I called about chef's table yesterday, the lady spent so much time lecturing me about how I needed to go down to the medallion area and get the app "properly" set up, that I 😬hung up.  My time is too short to waste  trying to get the app to show specialty dining 😜. But I will try to check on the Bistro

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I'll try.  It's been challenging, and when I called about chef's table yesterday, the lady spent so much time lecturing me about how I needed to go down to the medallion area and get the app "properly" set up, that I 😬hung up.  My time is too short to waste  trying to get the app to show specialty dining 😜. But I will try to check on the Bistro

Thanks so much, that would be appreciated.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

well that is sad....poor customer service on their part...i would have said do you not want a job if we all went to the app for everything she might not be needed.....

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

This was a friends and family booking, so no points for it, but previous were regular bookings.

On a F&F booking you do not receive any Captain Circle benefits regardless of your previous status. You do receive a cruise credit for the cruise.

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

well that is sad....poor customer service on their part...i would have said do you not want a job if we all went to the app for everything she might not be needed.....

It caught me off guard.  I’m guessing she didnt like it that I said the app doesn't work, and seemed intent on blaming it on user error.  If the app can tell I’m on the ship and completed muster, getting dining info should be easy, and is unlikely to be user error.  😜

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

On a F&F booking you do not receive any Captain Circle benefits regardless of your previous status. You do receive a cruise credit for the cruise.

That makes sense 🙂. Happily, not too concerned about any benefits for this one, so not an issue.

• Like 2

@3kidsncats I was the "Live From" OP for the Majestic Sept 26th Alaska sailing almost immediately preceding your current sailing. While onboard we (me, Leon, and DW, Dawn,) had many interactions with Hiren (pronounced heer-en) who worked the coffee bar at the International Cafe. He knew our names and greeted us by them from about early morning on day 3. He also knew our most usual orders (Large Chamomile tea with 2 splendas for me and Large Ginger tea with 2 splendas for DW). He didn't have to look at the screen , and sometimes was out and about, to address by name. He was absolutely the most welcoming and cheerful member of the crew that we had the pleasure of interacting with (the crew and staff were all great but he stood out head and shoulders above all others!) If Princess could clone him,  they would skyrocket to having the best crew/staff of all Cruise lines at sea. In case you can't tell we were impressed.

These folks meet so many passengers and may only retain new ones in memory for a very short time. He made us feel special but I am under no illusions that he will remember us. However, if you or one the other current cruisers would tell him that Leon and Dawn from the last sailing say, "hi and take care", it would be much appreciated. (You might even see if he remembers our orders without prompting 😁, again, no illusions) Provided he is assigned to the same duties, he is at the IC coffee bar between 10:AM and 1:00AM the next day.

Additionally, if you had the chance to have him serve you several times, you would come to realize that he is quite deserving of an extra individual gratuity. For the record, we did not know him from before our cruise and he never gave us anything other that fantastic service!

Edited by farsight
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I’m guessing she didnt like it that I said the app doesn't work, and seemed intent on blaming it on user error.

They're inclined to want to help, but sometimes the delivery can be off, and not come across right.

• Like 3

Just saw where the Majestic was moved to Orange on the CDC Cruise ship Color Status indicating a case of Covid was found on board (appeared to be crew if I read i right). Have you heard anything?

I sail With Astro Flyer on the 23rd, and appreciate any info you can provide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

Just saw where the Majestic was moved to Orange on the CDC Cruise ship Color Status indicating a case of Covid was found on board (appeared to be crew if I read i right). Have you heard anything?

I sail With Astro Flyer on the 23rd, and appreciate any info you can provide.

It's been yellow all summer so orange is an improvement.  I was on the ship when it was yellow and there wasn't anything apparent that was different.  Well other than being quietly asked to submit to a test after someone on an excursion we were on had Covid like symptoms.  And from what I have heard this has happened multiple times since the Majestic started sailing.  You'll only know about it if it becomes widespread, otherwise they will be testing and isolating folks as necessary.

• Like 4

We were on September 12th sailing and the family of 3 cabins next to us were put on Isolation Day 3 of cruise ...I was quite nervous couldn't get a direct answer on why they were isolated ..just told following CDC Guidelines .

Luckily we have remained well ...

We sail again on Majestic on 16th ...

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

It's been yellow all summer so orange is an improvement.  I was on the ship when it was yellow and there wasn't anything apparent that was different.  Well other than being quietly asked to submit to a test after someone on an excursion we were on had Covid like symptoms.  And from what I have heard this has happened multiple times since the Majestic started sailing.  You'll only know about it if it becomes widespread, otherwise they will be testing and isolating folks as necessary.

Oops

Miss read. You are right orange is better than yellow.

I had it backwards.

• Like 2

Popped over but it's closed.  I did see service there last night when we walked through.  Just didn't connect which venue it was.  I'm guessing it's an app issue.  I have never been able to access any specialty dining on the app (even onboard) but others seem to have been able to book pre-cruise.  Hubby is not into doing specialty this trip, so not bothering to spend time waiting in line for help

Edit to add : this was from a few hours ago but only just posted

Edited by 3kidsncats