Transatlantic Activities

Cruiser6270

New to Silversea and have just booked Barbados to Lisbon on the Silver Spirit for next March and wondering what additional actives or entertainment might be arranged for all those sea days ? Our previous transatlantics with other lines have included bridge classes, dance lessons, additional enrichment lectures, art classes etc. 

Any insight would be be appreciated.  

For me a sea day is a blessing- a day to relax on your deck and watch the day go by without thinking what should I do next.  Or a Spa afternoon with a nap to follow.  A take your time lunch with your loved one.  That is really all I need.

• Like 3

We have done over a dozen crossings (among Regent and Silversea)and loved every one.  You get to enjoy a relaxed pace for guests and crew, lectures by very qualified folks, dance classes, fashion shows, Market visits with the Executive Chef David Bilsland, wine tastings with the Silversea Wine Ambassador (super tuscan tasting anyone?) , special luncheons either designed by the cruiseline or yourself.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WesW said:

Market visits with the Executive Chef David Bilsland....

I would think market visits with the chef would be rather difficult during a crossing -- unless they hand you all fishing poles and your market visit is trying to haul in enough for dinner! 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/9/2021 at 1:26 AM, WesW said:

We have done over a dozen crossings (among Regent and Silversea)and loved every one.  You get to enjoy a relaxed pace for guests and crew, lectures by very qualified folks, dance classes, fashion shows, Market visits with the Executive Chef David Bilsland, wine tastings with the Silversea Wine Ambassador (super tuscan tasting anyone?) , special luncheons either designed by the cruiseline or yourself.

Thank you. Just the information I was after. 

• Like 1

I am on this sailing as well. 

The crossing (no ports) is 7 days, with a few stops before Lisbon. I had the same question as Cruiser6270, as this will be my first transatlantic. Thank you, Wes and others, for your specificity in responding.

jollyjones: I'm also quite an introvert, but I hope we'll meet!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, WesW said:

Thanks for the info.  We are on another TA in March, from Lauderdale to Lisbon.  Useful to know what to expect.

Hi Stumbles,

Hope we can cruise on the same ship same time sometime again.

Yes I was going to post an answer but the boards seemed not to like my iPad yesterday so I'll try again.

To Unibok, one word to ponder upon - trivia

Edited by jollyjones
  • Thanks 1

I was, in August, on the Muse and they had the fancy plastic tokens that they wanted back so, as I usually do, I handed them in and got a certificate for the points. 
Since I take the previous certificate along on each cruise and get a new one showing all my points, my current certificate has rather a lot of points - I’ve given up getting prizes, (none of which is any use to me) - the fun now is seeing how many points I can accumulate before the SS CD helpers explode. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, jollyjones said:

I was, in August, on the Muse and they had the fancy plastic tokens that they wanted back so, as I usually do, I handed them in and got a certificate for the points. 
Since I take the previous certificate along on each cruise and get a new one showing all my points, my current certificate has rather a lot of points - I’ve given up getting prizes, (none of which is any use to me) - the fun now is seeing how many points I can accumulate before the SS CD helpers explode. 

I can't  believe what I'm reading. Passing up the coveted SS keychain? You know they go for big money on Ebay. You are playing on a whole different level.