Pinnacle Grill for Breakfast

510picker

We have a Neptune Suite booked for the first time on our upcoming cruise. We typically enjoy going to the dining room for breakfast. I recall suite guests being able to go to the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast. Is this still the case and if so, is the menu different than the dining room? Thank you!

2 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Same menu ... much more relaxed atmosphere.  Enjoy!

Thank you for the reply! I’ve honestly never had a problem with the dining room breakfast atmosphere. Being in a wheelchair with a mid-ship cabin, I can see an advantage of the Pinnacle Grill being closer. 

• Like 1

What ship are you on?  The Pinnacle Class is in Club Orange and mimosas are included.  

Not sure if the PG has caught up and included the mimosas yet or not.

Love the PG for breakfast.  MUCH better coffee 😉 

Ah, okay, definitely the PG then. I have to confess that we did not enjoy the PG on the Nieuw Amsterdam but hopefully things will be different for your sailing.  We found the room layout and table configuration quite awkward as we were seated within 2-3 inches of the next table.  (There were also issues with the service which contributed to our lack of enjoyment.)  We have enjoyed the PG breakfast on other ships though, including Club Orange, so please take my comments with a grain of salt. 

1 hour ago, kazu said:

What ship are you on?  The Pinnacle Class is in Club Orange and mimosas are included.  

Not sure if the PG has caught up and included the mimosas yet or not.

Love the PG for breakfast.  MUCH better coffee 😉 

Free mimosas in Pinnace Grill breakfast or breakfast room service.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Free mimosas in Pinnace Grill breakfast or breakfast room service.

Now that is good to hear.  Mimosas were free for room service but not in the PG last time I sailed and other time, yes.  Thanks 👍 

• Like 1

My DH considers breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill one of the best perks of a Neptune Suite (he’s not as much of a fan of the Neptune Lounge as I am). We like the atmosphere and service, (however we have occasionally had very poor service which seemed odd given the ratio of waiters to guests). Still quite worthwhile and it figures that NOW they would have free mimosas, not a thing in the past ☹️. My daughters want to take me on a cruise in January, but with the progression of my ALS, I’m not so sure. I would be interested in hearing your experiences with a wheelchair in traveling @510picker

St Louis Sal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

My DH considers breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill one of the best perks of a Neptune Suite (he’s not as much of a fan of the Neptune Lounge as I am). We like the atmosphere and service, (however we have occasionally had very poor service which seemed odd given the ratio of waiters to guests). Still quite worthwhile and it figures that NOW they would have free mimosas, not a thing in the past ☹️. My daughters want to take me on a cruise in January, but with the progression of my ALS, I’m not so sure. I would be interested in hearing your experiences with a wheelchair in traveling @510picker

St Louis Sal

Thank you for the reply! I would be happy share my experiences cruising, as well as traveling in general in a wheelchair. I am in a wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury when I was 23. I turned 50 this year.

Cruising has been a wonderful way to vacation for my wife and I. I use a manual wheelchair and am able to push myself around. We typically fly to Ft Lauderdale to cruise. Wheelchair taxis are easy to get and it's a short ride to the cruise port. The ships are very accessible and there is always someone close by if I need help with something. The newest ships in HAL's fleet (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam) have greatly improved my number one complaint, access to verandahs. The new ships have sliding doors that hold open allowing easy access to the verandah.

Do you have specific concerns about traveling/cruising? Only you know your abilities and what you can manage, but don't let using a wheelchair stand in the way of creating priceless memories while you still can!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

St Louis Sal

Good morning fellow Daily-ite. My sweet husband uses a walker for very short distances. Mostly we fly around in his transport chair very easily. Didn't you recently get a little folding scooter? It would fit fine in your stateroom. Just one visit to the MDR and we always had a chair removed for us prior to seating. You will be fine, especially since your daughters will be with you. Go for it sister!

• Like 3

We are Neptune devotees and always have breakfast in the PG, enjoying the attentive service, peace and quiet. But on the Zaandam and Amsterdam the PG is entirely enclosed -- no views at all -- plus on our last two cruises the background music got really annoying -- nothing but the same classic Broadway show tunes over and over and over again. A little Ethel Merman goes a long way. A lot of Ethel Merman is way too far away.

Before breakfast I typically start the day with a cappuccino from the Neptune Lounge.

We really enjoyed our Pinnacle Grill breakfasts on the Nieuw Amsterdam in September.  It was a first time experience for us.   We had great wait staff and they made a point of taking great care of us.   If we had had a server earlier in the week they always stopped by and said hello.  It became kind of like family.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kazu said:

Now that is good to hear.  Mimosas were free for room service but not in the PG last time I sailed and other time, yes.  Thanks 👍 

Wow…why would they not be included in the PG but were for room service-that’s very strange.   Our last cruise before the pandemic hit we spent 2 weeks on the Oosterdam in a Neptune and I always had a mimosa in the PG with my breakfast-included.    You’d think it would be consistent throughout the fleet.  I’m not one that enjoys room service so I wouldn’t have been happy.

44 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Wow…why would they not be included in the PG but were for room service-that’s very strange.   Our last cruise before the pandemic hit we spent 2 weeks on the Oosterdam in a Neptune and I always had a mimosa in the PG with my breakfast-included.    You’d think it would be consistent throughout the fleet.  I’m not one that enjoys room service so I wouldn’t have been happy.

It seemed to vary by ship and I’m not sure why.  It only makes sense that if you can get it with room service you should be able to at breakfast too.  Yet, the menu had a price.  I wasn’t pushy the last cruise and really don’t have to have a mimosa early in the morning so didn’t push the issue.

The only time we do room service is when we have a very early port.  So I eat light and definitely would not have a mimosa 😉 

In any case, we’ve enjoyed our PG breakfasts.  Other than one cruise (out of many) the staff have been wonderful and it is like “family”.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

(however we have occasionally had very poor service which seemed odd given the ratio of waiters to guests)

This was my experience on the Westerdam.  Too many servers who seemed to do their "specific" job, i.e. pour the coffee, take the order, serve the order, etc., and then disappear.  Getting a second cup of coffee was impossible.  Requested it from one Steward, he went "behind the scenes", did not reappear nor did the coffee.  

The menu was the same as the MDR, the food was well prepared, but, it was just a bit too formal for early morning for me.  I prefer Room Service.  

40 minutes ago, kazu said:

It seemed to vary by ship and I’m not sure why.  It only makes sense that if you can get it with room service you should be able to at breakfast too.  Yet, the menu had a price.  I wasn’t pushy the last cruise and really don’t have to have a mimosa early in the morning so didn’t push the issue.

The only time we do room service is when we have a very early port.  So I eat light and definitely would not have a mimosa 😉 

In any case, we’ve enjoyed our PG breakfasts.  Other than one cruise (out of many) the staff have been wonderful and it is like “family”.

I do remember on one cruise the server asked me for my room card when I ordered a mimosa & I asked why.  She said to charge for the mimosa-I asked her to check with the manager as it’s a perk in a Neptune suite.  She returned and apologized saying I was right.  

I’m not much of a drinker but the mimosas were delicious. Lol.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

I do remember on one cruise the server asked me for my room card when I ordered a mimosa & I asked why.  She said to charge for the mimosa-I asked her to check with the manager as it’s a perk in a Neptune suite.  She returned and apologized saying I was right.  

I’m not much of a drinker but the mimosas were delicious. Lol.  

Thanks.  I may just try it on a SEA day on our next cruise 😉 Much appreciated.

• Like 2